Game stores in Cov and elsewhere closing (1 Viewer)

cornoccfc

Good riddance.

New releases sold at £44.99 or £49.99.
Awful trade in prices, then they sell them for £2-3 less than the brand new price.

Only survived through taking advantage of people that didn't know better. Many-a-time I've advised people correctly in a GAME store to go elsewhere.

This may be of interest...

get4.jpg

Last edited:

Covstu

no suprise, there are cheaper ways to buy games although they are always really helpful in Game! Never good to see any store go under.

Marty

The directors have screwed everyone over, I feel sorry for the investors and employees, the erratic pricing structure, poor offers, and just general mis-management have cause them to go down the pan, no urgency or plan when the shit was hitting the fan. I know off some people who have lost close to 50k. I did predict 2 weeks ago (on another forum) other retailers would let them go into admin before picking up the brand name. Very nervous few weeks for the remaining employees.

Delmonte

I was always sick of the staff jumping on me as soon as I walked in asking what I was looking for. Cheaper online and next day delivery for free, and I think that was even their own website!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Wonder what's next in their Game plan? :whistle:

skybluejelly

i do not claim to be any business genius ..but having 2 shops in nearly every town centre in england is madness ..especially at high street rates..it does not take a genius to say right lets close either a game or gamestation in each town..didn't coventry have 5 at one stage 3 in the town center one at ricoh and one at canley blockbusters..

what annoyed me at christmas was that you checked the price with game online go to the shop and its £15 dearer then they look at you gone out when you say i will buy it from your own online shop unless you pricematch.... and of course age old reply we don't match online prices..well thats why you are going out of business then:facepalm:

Users who are viewing this thread