Gael's Celebration vs Derby (1 Viewer)

Glenn Storer

If anyone can find images from Sky of that celebration I'll be your new best mate! :)

Last edited:

@richh87

Biggi2.jpg

Nonleagueherewecome

At this rate the lad will be converting me, and I'm a confirmed atheist! Just love the passion, and you have to say that there's something about his harsh upbringing that gives him an edge when it comes to determination and effort. You can't really imagine someone raised on Playstation and Xbox from the age of 4 having quite so much about them. Not everything he did worked today, but he absolutely oozed class at times and gave 210%, nevermind 110% :D

Nonleagueherewecome

Can I just point out I had him as my avatar first. It was either after the Leamington or Nuneaton game, and he hasn't played nearly as well as he did in those games-which he utterly dominated. As he grows in stature he can eventually grow into a man who can do that at our level and above, I'm sure of it. Man, his interplay with Deegan 1st half v Brakes was just delicious. Something to look forwards to!

Glenn Storer

At this rate the lad will be converting me, and I'm a confirmed atheist! Just love the passion, and you have to say that there's something about his harsh upbringing that gives him an edge when it comes to determination and effort. You can't really imagine someone raised on Playstation and Xbox from the age of 4 having quite so much about them. Not everything he did worked today, but he absolutely oozed class at times and gave 210%, nevermind 110% :D

Agree, not everything comes off and sometimes the lad jumps out of tackles but 9/10 the lad is just sublime. Massive respect for him and really refreshing for someone to come out and use their religion for something positive.

@richh87

Can I just point out I had him as my avatar first. It was either after the Leamington or Nuneaton game, and he hasn't played nearly as well as he did in those games-which he utterly dominated. As he grows in stature he can eventually grow into a man who can do that at our level and above, I'm sure of it. Man, his interplay with Deegan 1st half v Brakes was just delicious. Something to look forwards to!

Yes, but to be fair I reckon my interplay could be delicious v Brakes :pimp:

Nonleagueherewecome

Glenn, I'll miss the Mo avatar. The more folk with that image the better, always cheers me up at work!

Glenn Storer

Glenn, I'll miss the Mo avatar. The more folk with that image the better, always cheers me up at work!

Haha, I love that so I'll no doubt be switching between the two. Just cropped up in a CCFC image search and I was just like YES THIS MUST BE MINES. Absolutely typical Mo though that is...

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes, but to be fair I reckon my interplay could be delicious v Brakes :pimp:
They won again today! I was toying with the idea of trying to watch both their game and City today, but decided not to risk it.

To be fair though, Deegan did show what he's got in that game. His reading of the game is superb, and he is a lot more than just a ballwinner-he's superb at pass-and-move, gets up and down the pitch at pace, and it was almost like he was teaching Gael stuff as they went. Once he's back he'll add another dimension to our midfield, and perhaps offer a prospect of a future without Sammy-something I don't want, but may have to accept.

@richh87

They won again today! I was toying with the idea of trying to watch both their game and City today, but decided not to risk it.

To be fair though, Deegan did show what he's got in that game. His reading of the game is superb, and he is a lot more than just a ballwinner-he's superb at pass-and-move, gets up and down the pitch at pace, and it was almost like he was teaching Gael stuff as they went. Once he's back he'll add another dimension to our midfield, and perhaps offer a prospect of a future without Sammy-something I don't want, but may have to accept.

Yeah, hopefully we'll see a lot more of the pitbull as I think he'd work well in the diamond. I'd like to see Clingan, Deegan, Biggi, McSheffrey

Nonleagueherewecome

Haha, I love that so I'll no doubt be switching between the two. Just cropped up in a CCFC image search and I was just like YES THIS MUST BE MINES. Absolutely typical Mo though that is...

Ha ha, my fave Mo memory was just shortly after I'd moved to Leamington. He was getting cash out, fairly early evening, at a cashpoint on the parade, and a crowd of kids passing by just stopped, shouting "it's Mo Konjic!" and serenaded him with a load of Mo Songs :D

He also came into my shop once to sheepishly ask for a copy of the "Notting Hill" soundtrack, which he then bought! To get it on topic..Bigi could be our greatest hero since Big Mo.

Glenn Storer

Ha ha, my fave Mo memory was just shortly after I'd moved to Leamington. He was getting cash out, fairly early evening, at a cashpoint on the parade, and a crowd of kids passing by just stopped, shouting "it's Mo Konjic!" and serenaded him with a load of Mo Songs :D

He also came into my shop once to sheepishly ask for a copy of the "Notting Hill" soundtrack, which he then bought! To get it on topic..Bigi could be our greatest hero since Big Mo.

Agree. Kinda sad how excited we've gotten over a player who showed passion, wish we had more really. Richie Keogh quite likes a bit of emotion as well actually.

CCFC123

This is just my opinion but I dont think we have a chance of hanging onto this lad at the end of the season. He's that good.

For a lad of 17 years old to perform like he has is outstanding. He was the best player on the picture bar Keogh tonight and there is no doubt in my mind that a premiership side will be sniffing end of the season. He'll dip in performance due to the requirements expected of him over a season but this guy is TOP QUALITY. Matches on SKY like today will only push his profile even more.

What country can he play for by the way?

tippex9

Yeah he was sat near me. I thought it was Stoke at first but was defo Rangers.

Nonleagueherewecome

Yes Keogh loves it just as much. Thought he was absolutely immense today, and that dive gets a "9" for me! Even that involved him hurling himself into a positon through determination. A fantastic performance at the back-he won numerous headers, blocked and tackled strongly, bollocked Cranie for switching off a couple of times, and distributed the ball sublimely-knowing when to pass short, with accuracy and a tempo we have lacked, and when to go long, hitting Lukas every time he did so. A passionate and almost complete performance from Rich today.

I love him as a RB due to his flair and, towards the end of last season, much improved crossing. But he really is delivering some immense showings at CB now. I really do think we're looking at another future Prem CB. If there's one thing Thorny can teach, it's playing that position. The way Keogh puts himself about is Thorn incarnate.

ajsccfc

What country can he play for by the way?

He was on standby for an England youth team fairly recently; his is actually a fairly similar story to Fabrice Muamba who also fled his own country and ended up a naturalised Englishman.

Helps our homegrown quota when we qualify for the Champions League too.

shmmeee

Can't forget Christie as well, thought the lad was superb yesterday.

When Deegans fit I'd like to see
Clingan
Thomas Deegan
Bigi

I have a feeling behind the front two will be a good position for him.

SkyBlueMania

Also why on earth was there a child wearing a Rangers top at the game? I'm not keen on people wearing other teams shirts at a game, especially one as controversial as a Rangers top.

LastGarrison

Also why on earth was there a child wearing a Rangers top at the game? I'm not keen on people wearing other teams shirts at a game, especially one as controversial as a Rangers top.

Why's it controversial?

Although I agree wearing a different clubs shirt at a game is just strange.

SkyBlueMania

Why's it controversial?

Although I agree wearing a different clubs shirt at a game is just strange.

Because Old Firm rivalry is present all over the country, a lot of people have a preference. For me as a Celtic fan to see a Rangers top being associated with my home club is something i'm not comfortable with. I have no problem with someone supporting Coventry and Rangers, but as i would never wear a Celtic top to a Coventry game out of respect to others in the crowd who might find it antagonising, I would expect the same respect in return.

Glenn Storer

Because Old Firm rivalry is present all over the country, a lot of people have a preference. For me as a Celtic fan to see a Rangers top being associated with my home club is something i'm not comfortable with. I have no problem with someone supporting Coventry and Rangers, but as i would never wear a Celtic top to a Coventry game out of respect to others in the crowd who might find it antagonising, I would expect the same respect in return.

Almost jumped down your throat there without reading the full comment, bad Glenn! I'm a Rangers fan, number of shirts, Torquay, few Brazillian ones and some Maltese ones but I'd never, ever wear another shirt to the Ricoh. It's as you say very dis-respectful.

matesx

Yeah im a Celtic fan (born and raised in East end of Glasgow) but would never wear the hoops to a City game - why would I? makes no sense

moved here years ago and now love City!

Nonleagueherewecome

BTW Otis thanks a lot, I wake up today with Travis stuck in my head!

Changeyourface

As someone who thinks that Celtic Fc are worst excuse for a football club going, and are just an excuse for every Anti-British, pro-terrorism, plastic paddy to support a club which they can all rally around to spit their hatered, I'm glad there is quite a Pro-Rangers feeling at our club. It's possibly the only other club top I wouldn't mind seeing a Cov fan wearing.

SkyBlueMania

You're misinterpreting my point. I'm not saying I was against the kid wearing the shirt because it was a Rangers one, I'm saying I'm against it because it isn't a Coventry shirt. Coventry as an individual team shouldn't have any sort of allegiance to another team, be it Celtic or Rangers, and any such personal allegiances should be kept to outside the stadium.

As for your views on Celtic, you seem to have confused Celtic fans with the RIRA.

Changeyourface

You're misinterpreting my point. I'm not saying I was against the kid wearing the shirt because it was a Rangers one, I'm saying I'm against it because it isn't a Coventry shirt. Coventry as an individual team shouldn't have any sort of allegiance to another team, be it Celtic or Rangers, and any such personal allegiances should be kept to outside the stadium.

As for your views on Celtic, you seem to have confused Celtic fans with the RIRA.

Fair point in regards to the shirt, but you need to research celtics fans a bit more. They constantly sing IRA chants at matches and fly IRA flags and banners. they also sang Ira songs through the rememberance day silence a few years back, last year they held banners protesting against it. They also taunted Rangers player Reyna, an american, with airplane gestures a few days after 9/11. They took dominos pizza boxes to games after the incident with a British soldier being murdered by the RIRA. They are scum of the highest order.

Users who are viewing this thread