GADDAFI Captured (1 Viewer)

smileycov

Facebook User
Forces loyal to Libya's transitional authorities say they have captured Col Muammar Gaddafi, with some reports saying he has been killed.

Another nutter gone then!!

Astute

He sure looks dead to me :claping hands:

Nick

Administrator
AcMyVM3CIAAZg9N.jpg

If that is him, he isn't facing anything but hell :)

Walking Bird

Sky News:- Gadaffi has been shot and killed. Or, as the Americans would describe it, "rescued".

kdrinkell

This is a pretty reliable source for Arab news:

[video=youtube;jNmzB6o2rRQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNmzB6o2rRQ[/video]
Am I the only one uncomfortable watching a 69 year old being dragged around after being murdered?

Kuklinski

I'm uncomfortable seeing the likes of Blair and Brown smoozing up to Gadaffi, it's a sickening site.

As for a 69 year old being dragged around, I have more sympathy for Yvonne Fletcher and the 100's of innocents blown out of the sky in Lockerbie.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
He gave up the fight for life when he heard Westlife were to jack it in.

People are saying that the news of Gaddafi's death and the end of Westlife are both causes for celebration.

I don't think that's fair. One caused untold suffering to millions and was universally despised by all right minded people the other was just your typical middle eastern despot!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
He gave up the fight for life when he heard Westlife were to jack it in.

At last, after years of atrocities and the appalling treatment of millions, it's over. Details are still sketchy, but finally...

...Westlife are splitting up. :D

Astute

Am I the only one uncomfortable watching a 69 year old being dragged around after being murdered?

Thousands of women and children have been abused and murdered. How many people have lost members of their families because of him? One bloke was on the news. He lost 2 brothers in the battle to overthrow him. He said it was worth it. You can't imagine how bad it has been for them. Could go on forever about the bad that has gone on. How can you expect this to go on for over 40 years for them to say to him on capture "come along old chap" He could have stopped the murdering at any time.

Live by the sword, die by the sword

ajsccfc

The difference is that the NTC are trying to usher in a new Libya, one of democracy and civilisation and this is kicked off by disturbing footage of mob justice. It's hard to blame the people involved of course, but I'm with kdrinkell in the uncomfortable camp. It's a shame Gaddafi isn't going to stand before trial a broken man accounting for 40 years of crime.

Astute

You mean like the other crackpots before him? In their minds they have not commited any crimes. He saw it as though the country belonged to him. He made the laws. No laws against what he did to his own people. No law against selling arms or bombs to terrorist groups. As he did nothing wrong then he would not have answered any questions. Saddam Hussein was the last one. They see themselves as above the law.

ajsccfc

And Saddam Hussein was then shown as a feeble old man looking sheepish as his crimes against humanity were laid out before him before justice was served.

Astute

I think Gaddafi being found hiding in a pipe similar. Hopefully his followers will now quit as he is dead. The ones too scared to quit whilst he was alive will stop at least.

ajsccfc

You'd hope so, yeah. I'm sure there will still be small pockets of loyalists but they've been dwindling since the NTC took control of the country anyway, so only the real radicalists can see much fight remaining.

kdrinkell

Thousands of women and children have been abused and murdered. How many people have lost members of their families because of him? One bloke was on the news. He lost 2 brothers in the battle to overthrow him. He said it was worth it. You can't imagine how bad it has been for them. Could go on forever about the bad that has gone on. How can you expect this to go on for over 40 years for them to say to him on capture "come along old chap" He could have stopped the murdering at any time.

Live by the sword, die by the sword

I can imagine how bad it is but I'm a civilized human being who lives a life within the rules of the land
I now hear that his dead body is on display...wtf ! I am thinking these Libyans are no better than the tyrant they were fighting against but hey it seems here its acceptable to 'live by the sword,die by the sword' we should open the prisons so every halfwit can give the criminals apt justice as the world will be soooo much better.

Astute

I can imagine how bad it is but I'm a civilized human being who lives a life within the rules of the land
I now hear that his dead body is on display...wtf ! I am thinking these Libyans are no better than the tyrant they were fighting against but hey it seems here its acceptable to 'live by the sword,die by the sword' we should open the prisons so every halfwit can give the criminals apt justice as the world will be soooo much better.

The Lybians do not understand reality as we do. They are used to members of their families going out never to be seen again. They are used to armed forces storming their houses and family members either being taken away or being shot. They are not used to justice as we know it. It is hard for us to comprehend what life has been like for over 40 years there. Lybia is a country that should be rich, but the money went to Gaddafi and his family.

How are they supposed to know right from wrong when all they have ever seen is wrong in our eyes?

GaryPendrysEyes

'Like Iraq'....... no insurgency for weeks, no foreign forces on the ground, popular uprising, self-control of oil and wealth, democratic principles at heart of uprising, elections already planned, European/Mediterranean outlook with strong links to Italy, civil service maintained with strong support from West..

The similarities are boundless:facepalm:

kdrinkell

'Like Iraq'....... no insurgency for weeks, no foreign forces on the ground, popular uprising, self-control of oil and wealth, democratic principles at heart of uprising, elections already planned, European/Mediterranean outlook with strong links to Italy, civil service maintained with strong support from West..

The similarities are boundless:facepalm:

Just wait and see smarty pants

wingy

The kind of democracy as shown in Chicago today ,120-odd arrests for protesting the inequalities of capitalism?

Users who are viewing this thread