Funny (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

Top Team, Top manager. Top Squad.

Same result ......

And it is a good result, not one you should start asking for the manager to be sacked over..... You know drawing with one of the favourires to go up.
Surrendering a lead, infact a two goal lead.

Bury was not a result to sack your manager over.
Neither was Sheff utd....

This squad will get promoted stop criticising ..........

It leads to unnecessary disruption and 5 defeats!

stupot07

Same result ......

And it is a good result, not one you should start asking for the manager to be sacked over..... You know drawing with one of the favourires to go up.

Do you mean Swindons Squad or ours?

SkyBlue_Bear83

Same result ......

Nobody cares any more, it is done an we need to move on.

Threads like this are just baiting for people to start another 10 page argument to follow

Macca

Same result ......

Our manager you mean surely?

Grendel

Same result ......

What are you on about now?

Some vague inference that this result was similar to Bury? Well as you point out Swindon are promotion favourites. Bury are bottom of the league and we were at home.

Love the way you now bang on about promotion as if this implies this is the benchmark we should expect. Sorry this squad has no chance of achieving that.

Go on start the thread you really want to start. Bring back Andy thorn. Perhaps you should have a poll to gauge the mood of the people.

TommyZoom

Same result ......

Alright, Andy you've had your fun. :jerkit:

What are you on about now?

Some vague inference that this result was similar to Bury? Well as you point out Swindon are promotion favourites. Bury are bottom of the league and we were at home.

Love the way you now bang on about promotion as if this implies this is the benchmark we should expect. Sorry this squad has no chance of achieving that.

Go on start the thread you really want to start. Bring back Andy thorn. Perhaps you should have a poll to gauge the mood of the people.

I think this was a comparison with the draw with Sheff Utd under 'him'.

Our newly assembled squad was always going to take time to settle, hence Robins telling them they needed to introduce themselves to each other.

The level-headed ones on here knew this was going to be the case, with or without your best mate.

Grendel

I think this was a comparison with the draw with Sheff Utd under 'him'.

Our newly assembled squad was always going to take time to settle, hence Robins telling them they needed to introduce themselves to each other.

The level-headed ones on here knew this was going to be the case, with or without your best mate.

So how do you explain the fact this manager has added 4 new faces and they have settled straight away?

RichieGunns

I can surmise from your post Don that you'd rather have Thorn back then yes?

The two situations are different because a few key differences:

*Bury were bottom and weren't a particularly good side. Swindon on the other hand are a team on the up.

*In the Bury match we should have burried them in the first half but didn't. In the second half, when the goal went in, we capitulated and allowed them to swarm all over us without a reply. With Swindon, again we should have burried them in the first half. In the 2nd, they swarmed all over us but the lads didn't give up. When they could get past Swindon they were going for goal every time. They didn't give up and they certainly didn't give in. It was just unfortunate the ref didn't use his cards when he should have or we could have been discussing a win rather than a draw.

*Our confidence levels and level of commitment were decidedly bad under thorn but under robin's this is very different and much improved.

* Our tactics are a lot better and we now have a manager that knows how to change a match with his substitutions.

So based on this Thorn had to go and robin's is by far the better choice and I for one don't mind the up upheaval we had to go through to get him.

Last edited:

Mary_Mungo_Midge

I can't believe I'm being lured back into this again.

Surely, we can say that Robins looks very promising? Results like today, and what might happen against Notts County, are liable when we're as fragile and lacking in momentum as we have been.

He needs 20 games before we can truly judge him. Let alone make any comparisons. For one, I'll view those games one at a time until such time as a body of evidence exists. Which now, it doesn't

coundonskyblue

I can't believe I'm being lured back into this again.

Surely, we can say that Robins looks very promising? Results like today, and what might happen against Notts County, are liable when we're as fragile and lacking in momentum as we have been.

He needs 20 games before we can truly judge him. Let alone make any comparisons. For one, I'll view those games one at a time until such time as a body of evidence exists. Which now, it doesn't

20 games? I think any manager needs about 20 years to turn this basket case of a club around!

Grendel

20 games? I think any manager needs about 20 years to turn this basket case of a club around!

Well he certainly needs the whole of next season before he is really judged.
I think about 15th is a par position for this season and we will then he needs to identify and bring in his own players for next year. People talking promotion with this squad live in La La land. If he achieved that he'd be a miracle worker.

Mary_Mungo_Midge

He certainly needs a decent stint. Using fuzzy-felt to stick the manager's name to his office door in recent times hasn't produced the desired outcome to date

@richh87

I think about 15th is a par position for this season and we will then he needs to identify and bring in his own players for next year. People talking promotion with this squad live in La La land. If he achieved that he'd be a miracle worker.

I bet you £10 we finish top 10. We're getting better and better. 5 games undefeated now I think.

Grendel

He certainly needs a decent stint. Using fuzzy-felt to stick the manager's name to his office door in recent times hasn't produced the desired outcome to date

Problem is some people will make judgements based on expectation of promotion. The OP alludes to that (though I am sure there is a not very hidden agenda there) but others as well are looking at the gap to the play-offs.

There really is no chance at all. We will probably lose Mcgoldrick and Reckord in January and Bailey can be recalled at any time. They are 3 of the better players we have.

Evans1883

i would place money on ccfc finishing top half and i think next season he will push on and we will finish minimum playoffs.
Honestly i have been to nearly every game this season and i have yet to see a good side apart from MKdons.
The only reason we struggled is because we were poor not because the opposition was good.
The gulf in class between the championship and league1 is quite big in my opinion and league1 with a bit of consistancy would be a walk over for any capable team

Mary_Mungo_Midge

Problem is some people will make judgements based on expectation of promotion. The OP alludes to that (though I am sure there is a not very hidden agenda there) but others as well are looking at the gap to the play-offs.

There really is no chance at all. We will probably lose Mcgoldrick and Reckord in January and Bailey can be recalled at any time. They are 3 of the better players we have.

Recent form would have us as play-off candidates or better; but we have the turmoil at net position early doors to factor in, and in effect our season is 10 games light of where it should be.

Our best hope is that with decent form, and showing ourselves where players like McGoldrick can find form, we might be well placed to pick up other quality loanees.

We could really do with Forest flying and bringing in fresh faces for their promotion push from premier league clubs; and not wanting to take another chance on a player who evidently doesn't fit in there

johnwillomagic

Dear oh dear another crap "facttual stats" post from Dongonzales/Thorn, I do not think he actually goes to game to make statements like this,.....anyhow three things

a. You cannot compare the result against Swindon away as being the same as Bury at home surely!!!
b. Who out of Robins & Thorn in league one has the better win ratio in League 1 Dongonzales? Can you find out that stat for me please! :whistle:
c. Anyone who has been to recent games can surely see that the team has improved noticeably in terms of cohesion, organisation, effort and passion

I suspest to answer another Posters query Dongonzales will never create a Thorn v Robins as manager poll....the results would make his post above look even more embarrasing than it already is!

dongonzalos

Happy with both managers, both will get us promoted.
Annoyed at the unnecessary 5 defeats that were as the result of sacking our manager.

Was having a pop at those criticising the result like they did against Sheff Utd.

Both Swindon and Sheff utd are good teams, drawing with them is a good result even if we gave away a lead.

Just don't want another manager needsly sacked.

Sorry what are those unfactual stats JWM.
I take it you do understand the term stat, it is short for statistic.

Last edited:

dongonzalos

Pretty sure you set the bench mark as promotion at a minimum grendal.

This side were undefeated for 3 league games, yes we lost 5 when we sacked our manager.
However with a manager back at the helm they have only lost one.

Playoffs are more than reasonable expectation

This squad el do it. I expect a really strong second half to the season. We have the depth that other teams don't.

Grendel

Happy with both managers, both will get us promoted.
Annoyed at the unnecessary 5 defeats that were as the result of sacking our manager.

Was having a pop at those criticising the result like they did against Sheff Utd.

Both Swindon and Sheff utd are good teams, drawing with them is a good result even if we give away a lead.

Just don't want another manager needsly sacked.

Sorry what are those unfactual stats JWM.
I that it you do understand the term stat, it is short for statistic.

Complete rubbish. So when you say "top manager" you did mean thorn is that correct?

If we average 2 points a game till the end of the season we still will not make the play offs.

stupot07

Pretty sure you set the bench mark as promotion at a minimum grendal.

This side were undefeated for 3 league games, yes we lost 5 when we sacked our manager.
However with a manager back at the helm they have only lost one.

Playoffs are more than reasonable expectation

This squad el do it. I expect a really strong second half to the season. We have the depth that other teams don't.

To be fair Don. We're going to lose Mcgoldrick, Bailey and Reckord in January, we will be lucky to replace those players with similar quality let alone improve the squad in Jan. we're already 10 points of play offs.

Last season 6th place had 73 points. That means we need another 62 points from the last 34 games - that is not far off Automatic promotion form between now and the end of the season......and we're highlu likely to lose our top score in Jan.

johnwillomagic

Indeed Dongonzales is claiming that Thorn would have got us promoted......backed up by the stat of his um ...0% win ratio in the league at the point he was sacked!!

The caretaker manager period was certainly not a succesful period but I sort of sit somewhere between the two arguments in terms of final league position.

I think with our squad 2 points average for the rest of the season is achievable if tough.........look at what Tranmere have done with a limited squad to this point. Therefore I think Robins should get us near to play offs with resources at his disposal. However if we just missed out given the start would rank it as ok season.

I expect a minimum top 12 finish if we do not achieve that then Robins will imo have failed a little. However I have every confidencehe will meet this minimum requirement,,,,,whereas with Thorn I would have said we did not have a prayer!

dongonzalos

I was referring to robins as a top manager.

My points are

1 Robins will get this squad up
2 Thorn would have got this squad up.
3 that was a good result against Swindon.
4 the instability caused by sacking a manager led to 5 defeats which now makes robins job harder.
5 However this squad is that much stronger in terms of depth they can still make the Play offs.

However the Mcgoldrick comment is valid one. They do need to get theat extended to the summer.

How many defeats did the 6th place in league one suffer last season? I don't know and am intrigued to know.

covcity4life

We Re better off long term with robins.

The only thing I agree with don about is making the playoffs, I am confident we will achieve that this year, we are gonna win a lot from here on out IMO.

November could be 5 wins on the trot I truly believe that

CCFC_Charlie

In my opinion with Thorn/Shaw at the helm yesterday
1. We wouldn't have gone 2-0 up
2. We wouldn't have held on to our two goal lead until the 76th minute
3. We wouldn't have held out at 2-2 to keep the game at a draw

Users who are viewing this thread