Funny Igwe story (1 Viewer)

CJparker

Not sure I've seen this story repeated anywhere, so thought I'd share...i's up there with the Brody "text a sub" idea.

At the London Supports Club dinner before Christmas, Gary Hoffman told a cracking story from him time in the boardroom at CCFC: apparently the then-directors had spent a board meeting discussing ways of increasing revenue and raising the club's profile (I think the "text a sub idea" was floated at the same meeting by LB). Various suggestions are thrown in and chewed over by all present, except for Onye who doesn't utter a word.

As the meeting nears its end, Onye finally pipes up and says "I've had a great idea of how we can make Coventry City headline news and raise our profile!" GH and others wonder why he's kept this to himself all meeting, but noenthelss invite him to share

There's a pause in the room (Hoff paused for effect at this point too when recounting this) as GH, Ranson, etc sit there expectantly...Igwe: "Sky Blue Sam....he's rather overweight isn't he?"

Cue bemused looks around the rest of the table. RR, ahaead of everyone else, manages to utter a "you what?" type statement, inducing Igwe to continue... "Well, if we put Sky Blue Sam on a diet, and make a big deal about his weight loss, we can show CCFC leading the way against obesity in British society, and kids in particular. It'd be great PR for the club!"

Cue RR, GH, and probably everyone else in the room to respnd...."but he's a fu(king elephant!!"

That's the big idea of the man runnign oru club. Fortunately they have coem up with better revenue-generating ideas, like selling our best players, mortgaging the training ground and spednign next season's ST money before it's come in.

I may ask OI about this at the LSC Q+A this month...that is if he turns up!

mexico88

1. If we can't get our highest paid striker to go on a diet, what hope have we with Sam?

2. Elephants are offensive to people with big ears.

3. You shouldn't rib an elephant about its weight - it'll never forget it.

4. No number 4 - sorry... that's all iv'e got in my 'trunk'!

CJparker

Thats a big story to even think about making up so it must be true...

Unlike most of the rumours and stories on here, I have at least cited a source - I'd just repeated that GH told us; take it up with him if you don't believe me!

Users who are viewing this thread