Funds from sisu (1 Viewer)

mechaishida

Seems to me that TM and SISU are on some sort of wavelength, hence the additional funds for a push.

Can only be good news if we are permitted to spend a bit. PUSB

standupforcity

Why does the term 'War Chest' annoy me so much?

It shouldn't...we've certainly been in a war with Sisu the past few years. But this is them waving the white flag and surrendering in my opinion. TM is just the right man in place, and you just know he'll spend wisely. Happy days!

ajsccfc

Extra funding? Top four all season?

At some point I'm going to wake up to find we've actually being playing at Sixfields in League Two the whole time, and what's more JR Ewing is still ruling the oil fields like a tyrannical monster

Esoterica

It shouldn't...we've certainly been in a war with Sisu the past few years. But this is them waving the white flag and surrendering in my opinion. TM is just the right man in place, and you just know he'll spend wisely. Happy days!

Oh yeah, it's got nothing to do with SISU, Cov or anything historical other than a completely irrational annoyance at the use of 'war chest' that is ALWAYS used whenever a manager is handed a little bit of cash to spend in a transfer window!

Silence_Is_The_Enemy

Mowbray and Venus appear to be the footballing people Sisu have always wanted and thought they had in Ray Ranson and Chris Coleman. whats more they seem to be trusting them which can only be a good thing in the short term future of the club.

junglej13

Burke went back to Bradford on loan. Gladwin and Burke would have really improved us. I notice the other young centre back we got linked with on loan - Jake Cooper from Reading was being linked with a big Premier League club... I forget which one.

standupforcity

Oh yeah, it's got nothing to do with SISU, Cov or anything historical other than a completely irrational annoyance at the use of 'war chest' that is ALWAYS used whenever a manager is handed a little bit of cash to spend in a transfer window!

Keep your hair on! Was just playing around with your turn of phrase!

westofrayne

Read the story carefully, unless I've got it wrong

- TM/MV went to the owners to see if the right person came available funds could be released for the Loan/Wages
- The answer was possible yes

Therefore I'm to assume if the right person became available at the right salary, then they would consider it and with any luck OK the deal.

Seems straight forward and positive and not recklessly throwing money at the team.

Unfortunately that does not seem enough for the CT, they have made huge leaps from the facts to the reported story

- "Tony Mowbray given extra cash by Coventry City owners for promotion push" - No cash could be available if needed and proved to be viable - Very misleading

- Tony Mowbray is reassured that Coventry City’s owners have provided him with a war chest - No war chest, but have agreed to consider proposals that TM/MV want to push forward as per TM comments

- Asked about the extra funds, over and above the estimated £2m-2.5million football budget, he explained: “It’s got to the point that if we think we need a player they are not saying ‘no’. - This does not constitute a war chest

Whatever I think about CT reporting, the fact that the owners would consider increasing the playing staff is a real positive.

Captain Dart

Does this mean that they know they will be getting extra funds in themselves soon?

I've read it and it is a .... a definite maybe..

RegTheDonk

This is great. Finally, they are seeing the light. You don't get anywhere in this game if you don't hang onto your talent, or don't invest in some talent. I hope this is a turning point and if TM actually gets in the people he wants and gets us promoted, who knows - maybe they will open the wallet even more if we're in the champ.

IMHO, I absolutely love the term "war chest". I always envisage some lunatic journo screaming the words as he types them, whenever I see them in big and brash CAPITALS on a headline banner. Kind of like Jonathan Pearce getting carried away during Robot Wars. :D

skybluetony176

Already said this on a different thread but its a bit of a no brainer for SISU this one. Finally they've appointed a manager who can be trusted to spend it correctly, I'd imagine we're way above the average attendances that the original budget was set on and with a true automatic promotion push you can only see that increasing so the chances are that any extra money in the budget will be taken care of by higher gates through the season and not actually from SISU/ARVO when it all pans out. More of an advance than an investment.

Glad its happened and suspected it would, well done SISU for showing some faith. Probably the best decision you've made for the club since you've been here. Not that the competition was stiff in that category (TM's appointment aside)

GaryJones

This is all extremely encouraging and it shows that Sisu finally have faith in a Coventry City Manager together with Mark Venus of course.
They (TM & MV) have shown that they are responsible individuals and know how to work within a set budget and turn the football team into a successful unit. They have also brought back the fans so its looking good right now - no wonder Sisu are prepared to make funds available - at last they have the right team at the helm.
I like the unity that Coventry City at last seem to be getting with the management - the owners and the fans!
All is good in our world....

honestken

I should bloody hope they are making extra funds available seeing as were well above the 11000 average attendance they said we needed for the "current" budget.

Prob made a few grand on ripping fans off with their postage charge for tickets aswell!!

Several occasions this season I have bought tickets for more than 1 game at once, I have been charged 90p postage for each set of tickets purchased that day (they send away tickets separate) they say, yet when they arrive all the tickets are in 1 envelope together, so ive been charged at times £2.70 as I was when I bought crewe, chesterfield away and port vale home tickets, all came in 1 envelope yet I was charged 90p for each transaction due to "postage" charges.

Astute

I should bloody hope they are making extra funds available seeing as were well above the 11000 average attendance they said we needed for the "current" budget.

Prob made a few grand on ripping fans off with their postage charge for tickets aswell!!

Several occasions this season I have bought tickets for more than 1 game at once, I have been charged 90p postage for each set of tickets purchased that day (they send away tickets separate) they say, yet when they arrive all the tickets are in 1 envelope together, so ive been charged at times £2.70 as I was when I bought crewe, chesterfield away and port vale home tickets, all came in 1 envelope yet I was charged 90p for each transaction due to "postage" charges.

Thanks for your £2.70 Ken. That will pay for a top striker ;)

Nick

Administrator

Jeez!! Scraping the barrel for a rant!

lewys33

My mrs paid £90 odd for 1 adele ticket and bought 4 of them. Each ticket had a booking fee of £12, and then a postage fee of £5 for the tickets.

I have just bought tickets to Ireland v Wales at the Aviva next month. Had to buy from viagogo because the tickets were sold out before they got to ticketmaster. I paid £250 for 2 tickets with a face value of £80. I then had to pay £80 admin charge and £15 postage.

Your argument is invalid.

Astute

My mrs paid £90 odd for 1 adele ticket and bought 4 of them. Each ticket had a booking fee of £12, and then a postage fee of £5 for the tickets.

I have just bought tickets to Ireland v Wales at the Aviva next month. Had to buy from viagogo because the tickets were sold out before they got to ticketmaster. I paid £250 for 2 tickets with a face value of £80. I then had to pay £80 admin charge and £15 postage.

Your argument is invalid.

How much would you pay to watch something decent?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
can't help thinking that the CT have made/implied something of this that it isn't. Although it does help add to the positive mood of the fans generally

The key is extra money will be released to pay wages for loans and out of contract players. That means it wont be all now, but month by month. To me that seems to tie in nicely with the increased monthly cash flow from increased crowds not that SISU have put more money in.

Of course SISU didn't have to allow the original budget to be flexed to reflect the extra cash flow larger crowds bring, so that can be classed as a positive. But is it costing them ? are they actually providing extra funds?

I do not think this is a change of heart for SISU, I doubt they are putting in anything substantial in if any thing at all, but we wont know that until the 2016 accounts are filed. Its all being done from the cash flow we provide the club with I would think. If you look at it that way the only decisions SISU/ARVO are really doing is to let the club stand on its own two feet and to not collect the interest due but roll it up in to more debt

We will have to wait to see whats going on :thinking about: ........... anyway back to doing tax returns :(

Last edited:

torchomatic

Is £90 the standard price for Adele tickets or is that via a reseller? Seems a bit steep.
Ah Adele. The luckiest pub singer in the business.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread