Fundraising Ideas - Crawley Town (1 Viewer)

CrawleySkyBlue

Living in Crawley, I now keep an eye out on their results and go to some of their games. Much prefer supporting the local team over those bigger premier league clubs (where is the fun in that!).

With no matchday revenue coming in, Crawley Town have come up with some crowd finding ideas (Link: Support Crawley Town FC & NHS Charities Together), with 10% of all donations going to the the 'NHS Together Charities'. Some of the more intriguing ideas, other than just sponsorship, ticket packages etc, are:
- £100 to be in the official 2020/21 team photo
- £125 to get the team mascot to turn up at an event of your choice
- £250 to get a player to appear at an event of your choice
- £1,000 for an away day experience (Travel on the team coach the day before the game, stay in and eat with the team the hotel, watch the game from the directors box and travel back with the team - fixture to be mutually agreed with between the club & purchaser.)
- £1,500 to train with the team
- £2,500 to be the assistant manager for a game in the 'Sussex senior cup' (Crawley enter this competition and put out their reserves/youngsters)

People think this is a good idea to get some cash inflow? Would people buy any of the rewards if it were Cov doing this? Or do people think it is a bit embarrassing? Or a bit of both?

On another note, Crawley have also set up a food takeaway business from their stadium, with some menu items named after players (Link: CRAWLEY BALLERZ). A bit cringe if you ask me, but a good way of generating some cash whilst no games are happening.

I think it is worth noting that Crawley are much smaller than us, so even an insignificant amount of cash will go much further for them.

Alex1987

Some good ideas. I've sent some ideas recently to David Boddy and got a response saying he always welcomes positive input and ideas and was looking into some of those I suggested.

Alex1987

To add, I'd happily contribute towards some of these, particularly some of the 'money can't buy' type items.

The club needs to be thinking outside the box in terms of alternative forms of revenue.

Marty

They must have some match worn shirts about they can get signed and auctioned off.

ccfc1234

Living in Crawley, I now keep an eye out on their results and go to some of their games. Much prefer supporting the local team over those bigger premier league clubs (where is the fun in that!).

With no matchday revenue coming in, Crawley Town have come up with some crowd finding ideas (Link: Support Crawley Town FC & NHS Charities Together), with 10% of all donations going to the the 'NHS Together Charities'. Some of the more intriguing ideas, other than just sponsorship, ticket packages etc, are:
- £100 to be in the official 2020/21 team photo
- £125 to get the team mascot to turn up at an event of your choice
- £250 to get a player to appear at an event of your choice
- £1,000 for an away day experience (Travel on the team coach the day before the game, stay in and eat with the team the hotel, watch the game from the directors box and travel back with the team - fixture to be mutually agreed with between the club & purchaser.)
- £1,500 to train with the team
- £2,500 to be the assistant manager for a game in the 'Sussex senior cup' (Crawley enter this competition and put out their reserves/youngsters)

People think this is a good idea to get some cash inflow? Would people buy any of the rewards if it were Cov doing this? Or do people think it is a bit embarrassing? Or a bit of both?

On another note, Crawley have also set up a food takeaway business from their stadium, with some menu items named after players (Link: CRAWLEY BALLERZ). A bit cringe if you ask me, but a good way of generating some cash whilst no games are happening.

I think it is worth noting that Crawley are much smaller than us, so even an insignificant amount of cash will go much further for them.

Please can somebody pass this onto our CEO I would buy two of those packages immediately.

ccfc1234

£100 to be in the official 2020/21 team photo

Surely this is not the the official picture just but one for the purchaser on the day the pictures are taken.

Brighton Sky Blue

I know in years gone by other clubs have had a fan have a shirt number for the season so appear on the programmes, could probably sell quite a few of these?

robbiekeane

£1,000 for an away day experience (Travel on the team coach the day before the game, stay in and eat with the team the hotel, watch the game from the directors box and travel back with the team - fixture to be mutually agreed with between the club & purchaser.)
I'd be down for this

Users who are viewing this thread