Full Squad (1 Viewer)

bawtryneal

With Pask playing 45 mins yesterday and Godden , Allen and JJ on their way back and all ready for full 90 minutes soon Robins has practically a full squad to select from. Only really leaves Jobello who would make the 1st team in the treatment room.
All bodes well for the rest of the season and going to be a very competitive squad and strong bench.
We need to win tonight and have a cup run to give everybody a game.

Sky Blue Harry H

You are right. Just hope the usual harbingers of doom don't start the anti- player/ negative Robins stuff if we have the odd bump in the road before everybody gets up to speed. It really is an exciting time. Loving the overall direction of the football.

Last edited:

Marty

Still lacking a couple of wingers and a proven lone striker, godden is far better then why we currently have, but not convinced with him playing up front on his own

CovUpNorth

Once everyone is fit, They’ll be a load in the reject bin, who will they be?
1. Bakayoko
Who else?

covboy1987

Once everyone is fit, They’ll be a load in the reject bin, who will they be?
1. Bakayoko
Who else?
I cannot understand all this criticism of Bakayoko in Comparision to the other players -and I feel he is an important member of the squad - let's look at facts
1. He is the clubs top goalscorer as he has played fewer minutes, but has the same amount of goals as Godden and Hiwula
2. Has and never will be a prolific goalscorer in my opinion but does have other qualities like holding the ball up and creating chances
3. Was singled out by some Ipswich fans on Saturday as the player that turned the game second half and gave the Ipswich defence a torrid time
Surely we should be listening to opposing fans comments and backing our players

mr_monkey

I cannot understand all this criticism of Bakayoko in Comparision to the other players -and I feel he is an important member of the squad - let's look at facts
1. He is the clubs top goalscorer as he has played fewer minutes, but has the same amount of goals as Godden and Hiwula
2. Has and never will be a prolific goalscorer in my opinion but does have other qualities like holding the ball up and creating chances
3. Was singled out by some Ipswich fans on Saturday as the player that turned the game second half and gave the Ipswich defence a torrid time

Careful mate, certain people won't like your logical thought out post based on facts

hill83

Agreed apart from the second to last bit. Most of what our own fans says I file under complete and utter bollocks (including myself) so why the fuck would I listen to what some other teams bellend fans have got to say. That's the reason Baka had no chance with a lot of our fans from day one. Even before day one.

CovUpNorth

Agreed apart from the second to last bit. Most of what our own fans says I file under complete and utter bollocks (including myself) so why the fuck would I listen to what some other teams bellend fans have got to say. That's the reason Baka had no chance with a lot of our fans from day one. Even before day one.
So nothing to do with his inept performances for Coventry?

CovUpNorth

Not from day one no.

We need better, I don't particularly rate him but Godden has also done the square root of fuck all but is 'isolated' for example. Free pass.

Saying that I expect Godden to score more over the season.
Because he will. Even though he hasn’t set the world alight, you can see he has talent and his work rate is second to none.
I will always give new players a chance, but I know a donkey when I see one. He’s a league 2 forward at best.

covcity4life

donkey? has he got a horrible touch? over hits passes? smashes shots off target?

for me he lacks work ethic, would like to see him press more and be more physical when battling defenders but wouldn't class him as a donkey

better days

donkey? has he got a horrible touch? over hits passes? smashes shots off target?

for me he lacks work ethic, would like to see him press more and be more physical when battling defenders but wouldn't class him as a donkey
That's exactly what MR said about him publicly and I assume even more forthrightly to the lad personally
I think we've seen signs in recent games that he's taken it on board
A lot of fans thought exactly the same about McNulty until he started scoring regularly

Skybluefaz

Baka doesn't lack work ethic. He scored by tackling a keeper ffs. His decision making is shit. His touch is decent though. Great flick v Mk the other week, nice header for an assist v ipswich. He's not the answer, but he's nowhere near as bad as made out.

cc84cov

Not from day one no.

We need better, I don't particularly rate him but Godden has also done the square root of fuck all but is 'isolated' for example. Free pass.

Saying that I expect Godden to score more over the season.
Godden and Biamou will work 100% Godden Will begin scoring once paired with max instead of fed on scraps left isolated

hill83

giphy.gif

Sky Blue Harry H

Baka doesn't lack work ethic. He scored by tackling a keeper ffs. His decision making is shit. His touch is decent though. Great flick v Mk the other week, nice header for an assist v ipswich. He's not the answer, but he's nowhere near as bad as made out.

Agree with this.

CovUpNorth

Nobody has questioned Bakayoko’s work ethic?
I however have questioned his overall ability, contribution to the team and his scoring record. All 3 areas are poor and below League one level standards. Plus anyone who states he’s not in the team to score goals then they’re need they’re head looking at, because that’s exactly what he was bought to do.

Skybluefaz

Nobody has questioned Bakayoko’s work ethic?
I however have questioned his overall ability, contribution to the team and his scoring record. All 3 areas are poor and below League one level standards. Plus anyone who states he’s not in the team to score goals then they’re need they’re head looking at, because that’s exactly what he was bought to do.
In this very thread his work ethic has been questioned. Ironically no one has said he's not in the team to score goals.

Users who are viewing this thread