From the Bradford Fans Forum (1 Viewer)

Big_Ben

"Put this into perspective, last season the champions elect ragged US six one at home. Coventry will win this league, of that I have no doubt, but we matched them stroke for stroke.

We've just seen the two teams who will finish top two tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

Samo

It all seems a little vague!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
"Put this into perspective, last season the champions elect ragged US six one at home. Coventry will win this league, of that I have no doubt, but we matched them stroke for stroke.

We've just seen the two teams who will finish top two tonight."

Is that clear now? :D

Ccfcisparks

dont get me wrong, i realise their record so far is very good. but i was very disapointed with bradford as a side after the way all their fans bigged them up on their forum

SkyBlue_Bear83

dont get me wrong, i realise their record so far is very good. but i was very disapointed with bradford as a side after the way all their fans bigged them up on their forum
Not sure what you were expecting from them, we all knew what sort of side they were before. They are side who will get in your faces and get lots of crosses and diagonal balls.

Two contrasting styles from the teams today but on there day both can be as effective as the other.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Let's hope we can put that "never finished in the top six since 1970" mill stone away for good!

Overheard some Bradford fans talking when walking out after the game. Said we were the best team they'd seen this season and that we passed and kept the ball well. I think most teams will be happy with a point when they play us.

D

Deleted member 4439

"Great point against the midlands free scoring Barcelona"

mrtrench

Oh come on - and some of us aren't bigging up the city at the moment? It's human nature to enjoy success; they're on a great run, let them enjoy it.

torchomatic

Don't worry, they'll just revert to "only one top six finish since 1970", etc etc

Let's hope we can put that "never finished in the top six since 1970" mill stone away for good!

mechaishida

To be fair, CovShadow from the Bradford forum was a pleasure to host, and aside from one chavvy clown they seem a good bunch.

It was a frustrating point last night, as many have said we had an extra gear or two in us, however one can't whinge at that same point against a team that will invariably finish in the top 6.

I think we need to pre-empt any possible unrealistic expectation with a bit of common sense: we'll lose games, we'll draw games, we're bound to have a few more bad days at the office, however the signs are increasingly positive and logically, we're a side that SHOULD be going up automatically.

tom88

To be fair, CovShadow from the Bradford forum was a pleasure to host, and aside from one chavvy clown they seem a good bunch.

It was a frustrating point last night, as many have said we had an extra gear or two in us, however one can't whinge at that same point against a team that will invariably finish in the top 6.

I think we need to pre-empt any possible unrealistic expectation with a bit of common sense: we'll lose games, we'll draw games, we're bound to have a few more bad days at the office, however the signs are increasingly positive and logically, we're a side that SHOULD be going up automatically.

Exactly, Win your home games draw your away games and you will go up. this would be a fantastic draw if we follow it up with a win on Saturday.

mechaishida

Exactly, Win your home games draw your away games and you will go up. this would be a fantastic draw if we follow it up with a win on Saturday.

Couldn't agree more, we just need to have our 'thinking heads' on and expect the odd game where we don't perform. Doesn't mean we won't achieve promotion.

covcity4life

why did astute say bigi is good but job is the man we want in midfield? lol

id much prefer bigi to job in CENTRAL midfield.

Johhny Blue

Overheard some Bradford fans talking when walking out after the game. Said we were the best team they'd seen this season and that we passed and kept the ball well. I think most teams will be happy with a point when they play us.

I'd prefer most teams to be pissed off with no points

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
Spoke to quite a few Bradford fans after and all were very impressed with us and said that we were the best team they have seen all year, agreed we had slightly the better chances but a fair draw.
Considering we didnt have fleck and were not as potent as we have been, pretty positive to hear from fans of anothe club, I sense we are seeing something that the majority of us have not witnessed before.

Lets enjoy as long as it lasts and hopefully in the right position at the end of the season.

Users who are viewing this thread