From another thread (1 Viewer)

Macca

for an ignoramus like myself can someone paint a picture of the next few days, months after SISU left if they did so tomorrow. How would it work? Who would pay players? Organise matchdays etc. No axe to grind just interests me

really want some opinions ideas so starting fresh post

please not a pro sisu anti sisu debate, just thoughts on the question.

scenario is staff arrive at ricoh to find a dear john letter from sisu and the key under the mat, what then

hamil99

Facebook User
Cool, well I believe the best bet would be, for the council to take it over, offer everyone with a coventry postcode discounts to the games, to increase support. Then wen it came to selling the club, wich they would do in the end, offer a club plus 50% of the stadium and ownership of ryton as a package, only to be sold to an eligible buyer. That's a condensed version of wat I think would be the best bet, as I hav to go to wrk, doh!

Astute

But the Council can't own the football club.

Players not getting paid = being able to leave for nothing.

Have we anything else left as assets that we could lose?

Macca

to me it would need an almost immediate investment (substancial) from someone who didn't mind losing money in the short/medium term.

My hunch is that Hoffmans consortium would not have been to disimilar to SISU. Can't see that they would have been happy to chuck money at it with no return.

Otis

How would it work? Well, what we would be looking for is the truth.

Can they handle it?

Skybluetracy

There is a big difference. They said they would buy half the stadium as soon as possible. And there were p[epode involved that care about the club. Even if they ran it on a business like way that would be a big improvement. And I think they would have told the truth!

Macca

There is a big difference. They said they would buy half the stadium as soon as possible. And there were p[epode involved that care about the club. Even if they ran it on a business like way that would be a big improvement. And I think they would have told the truth!

care about it enough to lose money is the question

All i can think of is us becoming another Bradford. Same era relegation from the top flight and weve just floated round the Championship for years with no hint of promotion. Once we get relegated we will fall downhill at rapid pace

Badgerdan

All i can think of is us becoming another Bradford. Same era relegation from the top flight and weve just floated round the Championship for years with no hint of promotion. Once we get relegated we will fall downhill at rapid pace

Def another Bradford. Just like Steve Irwin spent too much time kissing dangerous animals, we're spending too much time kissing the relegation zone, just like the prem years; and I now worry that this season is the last in the 2nd tier for another 10 years :'(

Users who are viewing this thread