Free website? (1 Viewer)

Rich

Hi all I’m starting a new venture, does anyone know if it’s possible to start a website for free?

Nick

Administrator
Not a decent one.

Even if you just get basic hosting and install Wordpress with a theme it's better than some of the crap things that promise the world for free (and usually then limit you and lock you into stuff).

Nick

Administrator
You could get a domain name, basic hosting and install Wordpress and install a theme / add your content and colours. You could do it in an afternoon. :)

Rich

You could get a domain name, basic hosting and install Wordpress and install a theme / add your content and colours. You could do it in an afternoon. :)
I like the sound of that. How much would that cost me?

Nick

Administrator
A domain name is probably a tenner or so for a couple of years
Web hosting would be about £5 a month
Wordpress is free :)

pipkin73

I’m starting a planning drawing business so just need something to represent that.

This guy will essentially be competition. So something similar.
KADS - Architectural Design Services
Their Website is awful, when people first give you a click it has to be easy to read and easy to navigate around. I run a business in GC and if someone quoted me figures from there i would give in with them full stop due to that web site.

pipkin73

For example,those lines down the page just keep going. I kept waiting for them to mean something but they never did. That alone made me think cheap company with no idea.

Sick Boy

If you are serious about it then you are better off investing money into it and getting someone to do it for you. If you have any questions about SEO, then let me know - it needs to be considered as part of the build as well.

Users who are viewing this thread