Free fall? (1 Viewer)

mrtrench

They say the Championship is a difficult league to get out of. Well we seem to be doing it easily, but removing my tongue from my cheek...

They are all difficult to get out of. You have to perform consistently well for nine months. You have to be in the top 15% of teams for that league. This includes Div 1.

If we continue to follow the policy of selling anyone we can get good money for without replacing, then we may find that we haven't finished falling yet.

Coventry City Grand Old Duke of York tour, 1963-2012.

Otis

Sounds like if we go down the takeover won't happen.

if the takeover doesn't happen expect us to be in a relegation dogfight in League One this time next year.

Sick Boy

I see that a lot of people seem to think we will survive and going to produce promotion form at home and actually pick up points on the road. These lot are burying their heads in the sand and not facing up to reality, we are going to be relegated.

People have told themselves, if we are bottom of the league or get relegated SISU will be gone. Not necessarily, and most likely untrue. There are going to be a few on here having tantrums when the truth hits home.

@richh87

I see that a lot of people seem to think we will survive and going to produce promotion form at home and actually pick up points on the road. These lot are burying their heads in the sand and not facing up to reality, we are going to be relegated.

People have told themselves, if we are bottom of the league or get relegated SISU will be gone. Not necessarily, and most likely untrue. There are going to be a few on here having tantrums when the truth hits home.

SISU clearly want out. It's plain for anyone to see. They won't be around long.

Lord_Nampil

The one thing i think is interesting everything is so called "short term" the focus as the moment is the remaining 14 games, after that we really don't know whats going to happen! I think we know no why Hoffman wanted the deal done in August, it seems his backers wanted a championship side to take forward, which quite frankly makes Hoffman's bid worthless, it shouldn't be about were the club is but were the club can be!!! If his backers think otherwise then why bother trying to buy us in the first place???

smileycov

Facebook User

I know how bizzare COVENTRY CITY FANS actually believing there team can survive and showing support how ridiculous!! also expecting us to show promotion form at home, it's not like we have won 4 out of the last 5 is it? But what realy annoys me is the cheek of em to even contemplate getting a result away from home......the shame!! :whistle:

@richh87

On CWR last night Fisher said that Hoffman was having difficulties now with the current league situation! IF we drop down then they aren't going to be interested!

Ah ok, only caught the end of the phone-in. I can imagine that it would be difficult - but hopefully it will go through anyway. Also, I wouldn't believe a word a SISU employee says.

Grendel

Sounds like if we go down the takeover won't happen.

if the takeover doesn't happen expect us to be in a relegation dogfight in League One this time next year.

I expect our away form to improve.

Grendel

Ah ok, only caught the end of the phone-in. I can imagine that it would be difficult - but hopefully it will go through anyway. Also, I wouldn't believe a word a SISU employee says.

Bit harsh. I am sure thorn speaks the truth all the time.

Lord_Nampil

I personally think the squad we have IF managed correctly is capable to stay in this division, If we went down and loose 2 or 3 plays but keep the core including the up and coming kids we will be strong enough in the league below with a few additions!

I think my main problem is for the last 22 yrs of following the club i cant remember a none negative atmosphere around the club, apart from mayber the 97/98 season, which is very depressing! Its changing that negative feeling about the club thats going to be hard hopefully some one can do it!

Grendel

In retrospect relegation after the charlton fiasco may not have been so bad. Sisu would then probably have still made the signings they did and we may have then got promoted and had momentum.

All gone now.

Grendel

Based on what?

I was being ironic. The comment is made regarding a benefit of being relegated. Even we must achieve more than 3 points in league 1.

Otis

Yep, i took it that he meant if we got a draw and lost every other away game it will have at least improved.

1 point is better than none.

@richh87

In retrospect relegation after the charlton fiasco may not have been so bad. Sisu would then probably have still made the signings they did and we may have then got promoted and had momentum.

All gone now.

SISU wouldn't have seen it through - any decent players would've been sold. SISU should never have got involved in football. It's for billionaires who want a toy.

CovLis86

I dont understand why some people say Hoffman consortium wouldnt be interested if we got relegated based on what Tim Fisher says?
Surely Hoff consortium could see we were bottom of the league, and set to sell and struggle even more, so surely if anything now we have a slight glimmer of hope of staying up, we are in a better position than when they were first looking?!

Grendel

SISU wouldn't have seen it through - any decent players would've been sold. SISU should never have got involved in football. It's for billionaires who want a toy.

Wow I never knew Delia sold that many cook books!

CCFC123

I dont understand why some people say Hoffman consortium wouldnt be interested if we got relegated based on what Tim Fisher says?
Surely Hoff consortium could see we were bottom of the league, and set to sell and struggle even more, so surely if anything now we have a slight glimmer of hope of staying up, we are in a better position than when they were first looking?!

agreed. the price would be a lot less to buy us when we go down (not if).

Users who are viewing this thread