FreddyFreddyFreddy. (1 Viewer)

Wel Doppio.

Just wanted to offer my commiserations after your bad news today. L
Eastwood – you’ve bought a pup. He is really, not very good at all. He’s not a ‘box striker’, he won’t work channels, he can’t hold the ball up, and he’s got no pace. He’s got a decent first touch, and can hit the ball at a defender’s legs with great force though.

He has been such a divisive influence at Wolves it’s untrue. Some fans will tell you he hasn’t been given a chance. However a closer inspection will tell you it’s been around 30 hours since he scored a competitive goal against full time opposition. He’s just not good enough.

Many Wolves fans will use Eastwood as a stick to beat McCarthy with, after being frustrated with more Championship football, but trust me, he won’t succeed for you. I don’t know how you’d set up a team to utilise him, as he often comes deep to get the ball, plays a ball (often quite well) but then stands there chewing his gum, his work done. By his own admission, he’ll do ‘nothing for 80 minutes, then pop up with a goal’ – well, that may have been the case when he was knocking penalties away for Southend, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’ll be a good CCC striker. His positioning is terrible, he is selfish, he is lazy, his decision making is poor, he is slow and weak. His technique is his only redeeming quality, I’m afraid.

Sorry to put a dampener on things, but the thought of tens of thousands of football fans expecting Eastwood to be a force in this division again saddens me. It had a very negative effect on our club, and probably still will over the course of the season. Never before has a fans’ favourite done so little to achieve such high acclaim.

Nick

Administrator
Welcome to the forum :)

Hopefully he will get off to a good start, will give him a few games to settle in but hopefully he will be given a chance rather than slagged off because of his past clubs etc.

Loads of players have been rubbish for one team and then decent for others when they have moved on.

Wel Doppio.

I've no axe to grind with your club - I like to see all Midlands sides do well, apart from West Brom and Birmingham. But really, he isn't very good at all.

I hope your fans have more intelligence than ours, who took to chanting his name whenever our superior forwards missed a chance.

Nick

Administrator
As long as he isn't another Kevin Kyle though to be fair! I am not sure why McCarthy rates him either? Shame we couldn't offload him to you lot in an exchange :D

Wel Doppio.

I like to see all Midlands sides do well, apart from West Brom and Birmingham. .

and leicester, Forest, Derby and Villa

Apart from them and Notts County, Stoke & Port Vale I like to see all Midlands clubs do well

and don't get me started on Walsall...........

Wel Doppio.

Kyle had more of a positive effect on the latter part of our season than Eastwood did. Our fans hated him, though. There's a common thread, there...

Can I also just take this opportunity to make my hatred for Michael Mifsud clear. Cheating little oik.

Nick

Administrator
Didn't Kyle score a peach for you lot?

I wouldn't say I hate Mifsud but I do think he has been over rated by a lot of the city fans.

Wel Doppio.

He did, great volley against Palace away. Also set up the winner against Charlton for Karl Henry with an excellent weighted cross (while Freddy was jogging along 30-yards behind the play).

City Nut

at last.

i think he will do well for us to b honest, with a decent manager backin him and gettin a bit of confidence

Peter Griffin

Just wanted to offer my commiserations after your bad news today. L
Eastwood – you’ve bought a pup. He is really, not very good at all. He’s not a ‘box striker’, he won’t work channels, he can’t hold the ball up, and he’s got no pace. He’s got a decent first touch, and can hit the ball at a defender’s legs with great force though.

He has been such a divisive influence at Wolves it’s untrue. Some fans will tell you he hasn’t been given a chance. However a closer inspection will tell you it’s been around 30 hours since he scored a competitive goal against full time opposition. He’s just not good enough.

Many Wolves fans will use Eastwood as a stick to beat McCarthy with, after being frustrated with more Championship football, but trust me, he won’t succeed for you. I don’t know how you’d set up a team to utilise him, as he often comes deep to get the ball, plays a ball (often quite well) but then stands there chewing his gum, his work done. By his own admission, he’ll do ‘nothing for 80 minutes, then pop up with a goal’ – well, that may have been the case when he was knocking penalties away for Southend, but I’ve seen nothing to suggest he’ll be a good CCC striker. His positioning is terrible, he is selfish, he is lazy, his decision making is poor, he is slow and weak. His technique is his only redeeming quality, I’m afraid.

Sorry to put a dampener on things, but the thought of tens of thousands of football fans expecting Eastwood to be a force in this division again saddens me. It had a very negative effect on our club, and probably still will over the course of the season. Never before has a fans’ favourite done so little to achieve such high acclaim.

Hmm, I can't help but disagree with this. You can hardly say Eastwood was given a fair go at Wolves. This time last season he was one of the hottest properties in the Football League, having scored with ease for Southend United. Him and Billy Sharp were the two players everyone wanted at their club. 12 months and a mere 10 games for Wolves and suddenly he's crap?
McCarthy gave him a handful of games before deciding he didn't fit his Wolves team (how many times can McCarthy underachieve with a side before he gets sussed out?) Playing regularly and with the support of a manager who won't discard him like a new toy on Boxing Day I reckon he'll do the business.

Wolves loss is most definately CCFC's gain.

Wel Doppio.

Hmmm, I've watched him for twelve months, you haven't.

He's had plenty of chances, we just have better players and he couldn't nail down a place.

If slow, lazy strikers who repeatedly batter the ball against defenders' shins from 35 yards are your bag, you'll love him. He has scored seven league goals in the last 18 months.

Peter Griffin

Hmmm, I've watched him for twelve months, you haven't.

He's had plenty of chances, we just have better players and he couldn't nail down a place.

If slow, lazy strikers who repeatedly batter the ball against defenders' shins from 35 yards are your bag, you'll love him. He has scored seven league goals in the last 18 months.

He's played 10 games, you can't say you've seen plenty of him.

daveccfc

Least he has now signed and can't wait to see him and the other new signings play :D

Nick

Administrator
I think he will be decent when he has a rest over these couple of weeks.

You can tell by his touch, control and positioning he will score a few :)

Users who are viewing this thread