Freddie Off to Bornemouth ? (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

rumours abound tonight he is off to Bournemouth tomorrow on loan till the end of the season, thus cancelling his remaining contract with CCFC.

He must have cost us approx 1 million pound over the last 3.5 years in wages..

CCFC123

rumours abound tonight he is off to Bournemouth tomorrow on loan till the end of the season, thus cancelling his remaining contract with CCFC.

He must have cost us approx 1 million pound over the last 3.5 years in wages..

Good riddance to a lazy bastard.

Wait for the Freddie never had a chance brigade to wade in.....

georgehudson

whether it is a rumour or not,
it is another example of contemptuous and abysmal ownership & maintenance of a club,
worthy of far more than that we have been reduced to,
the business model that is 'sisu' must surely be called into question,
where to next for our owners ?
PUSB

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Hope that's the last we see of the lazy git!

georgehudson

nope, - sisu line would be,
that it would be a 'fraction' of what is required,
still we'll get more openess from 'oi',
or more male bovine excrement

The Reverend Skyblue

I love freddy and have stuck up for him for ages.Yes he's been a bit of a nightmare, and a disgrace this season, but was he man managed as he should have been, No is the answer, and for most of his Cov career he's been played out of position, or been overlooked by the manager who would rather play ROD.

Class first touch, can play the killer pass, and can score goals. No i'd rather keep ROD, Bell, Baker, Kyle.

Bad attitude ,Yes, but with the right manager he could have done much better, but for many its SISU's fault and nothing whatsoever to do with Thorn.

The Rev

skybluedan

I love freddy and have stuck up for him for ages.Yes he's been a bit of a nightmare, and a disgrace this season, but was he man managed as he should have been, No is the answer, and for most of his Cov career he's been played out of position, or been overlooked by the manager who would rather play ROD.

Class first touch, can play the killer pass, and can score goals. No i'd rather keep ROD, Bell, Baker, Kyle.

Bad attitude ,Yes, but with the right manager he could have done much better, but for many its SISU's fault and nothing whatsoever to do with Thorn.

The Rev

yeah but he,s still a fat bastard though.........................................

Mary_Mungo_Midge

The Rev

Overlooked by THE manager? He was signed in 2008; and since has fallen foul of THREE managers.

Mick McCarthy couldn't do anything with his at Wolves either.

Maybe it's all four managers faults that they can't get him to perform in the way he's gifted and paid?

Or maybe it's wholly Eastwood's fault?

Don't blame any manager. It's Eastwood's issue. He's an enigma, the abiding memory of who shall be that he could have achieved so much - but he simply couldn't be arsed

Last edited:

ccfcdan

The guy is a disgrace. The fact that he put on weight and never bothered to keep up his fitness speaks for itself. I can excuse a player that worked hard but just didnt cut it. Theres no excuse for Freddie, he clearly has the talent just could not be arsed! Waste of money and he has really let the club and fans down.

torchomatic

Good luck to him, if he's going. He's showed us glimpses, but that's about it. Does anyone remember when his Dad or Uncle or someone came on CWR once and said something like "my boy will get you 25 a season". How naive we were...

ccfcway

The Rev

He has taken at least 100k in wages this season alone (and thats prob conservative) and he hasnt even bothered staying fit, an absolute minimum requirement for a sportsman.

How anyone can defend him is beyond me...

That extra 5k a week could have gone on giving King what he wanted, which MAY have kept us in this league, hypothetical I know, but just proving the money could have ben spent better elsewhere.

Lets not feel sorry for fat freddie....

I Bad attitude ,Yes, but with the right manager he could have done much better, but for many its SISU's fault and nothing whatsoever to do with Thorn.

He worked under Roeder, Toshak, Coleman, Boothroyd, Thorn and Mcarthy in his career and none of them seem to be the right manager to get him firing. This would suggest to me that he's a bit lazy and it's got sweet F.A. to do with Andy Thorn being a bad manager.

But lets blame Thorn anyway, cos he's just shit isn't he!!!

We should fuck anybody off the minute they dont want to perform. Performance management in football like it is in business should manage this....

Nick

Administrator
I still don't understand why we haven't cancelled his contract sooner if he has refused to be fit...

I still don't understand why we haven't cancelled his contract sooner if he has refused to be fit...

There must be something in the contracts that says they can't be sacked for lack of fitness. Take Tevez as another example, why are these two guys still able to be associated with the Beautiful game?

LastGarrison

Not the case in football it seems.

Like when a manager gets fired and they still have to pay off his contract. Must be the only job in the world where you do shit and they have to pay you to leave.

a toilet tester ?

I live in Bournemouth. Last night I took my son to the Exeter, game god help us,League One is tripe! However, Bournemouth are developing a great team there with some quality young players. If Fat Freddy does join them my fear is that they will pass us on the way up!

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
If they are refusing to do their job, surely they can be sacked?

Thing is Nick I think he was doing just enough not to be. My understanding (might be incorrect) is that he would make training as required but not be good enough to be considered, there was also a calf injury that apparently couldnt be cured quickly. The club I think would have been advised that there was no way to sack him because technically not in breach of contract. Stinks really. The guy has had over £1m out of the club over his contract irrespective of managers decisions the application, attitude and effort should have been there.

Moff

When I read Freddie was off to Bournemouth, I mistakenly first thought it was to stuff his face with Candy Floss.

Users who are viewing this thread