Frank Nouble & Simeon Jackson (1 Viewer)

Snozz_is_god

Once these two are fully match fit, I think they will be our regular forward line and frighten the life out of most league one defenses.

What do you think?

pusbccfc

Very true.. could be a similar partnership to the one we had with Best/Adebola with Mifsud.

mgh1957sb

I agree, I watched the match last night on Sky and was very disappointed with Tudgay, I felt that he should have been taken off at half time as he seemed to be well off the pace.

Moff

Once these two are fully match fit, I think they will be our regular forward line and frighten the life out of most league one defenses.

What do you think?

I hope so!

After watching Nouble last night he seems to be a good striker who has the skills required, and just needs to up his match fitness, which will come.

I dont want to be hard on Tudguy and McQuoiod though as they can do a job, and I can see both improving, but I do think we need an injection of pace and hope that Jackson can provide that.

wingy

I hope so!

After watching Nouble last night he seems to be a good striker who has the skills required, and just needs to up his match fitness, which will come.

I dont want to be hard on Tudguy and McQuoiod though as they can do a job, and I can see both improving, but I do think we need an injection of pace and hope that Jackson can provide that.

that finish last night looked the work of a natural finisher ,much like Mcgoldrick ,Clark or Wilson,just opened his body out and passed It across Bywater and Into the net .

Snozz_is_god

that finish last night looked the work of a natural finisher ,much like Mcgoldrick ,Clark or Wilson,just opened his body out and passed It across Bywater and Into the net .

It was a cool finish.

I've heard people going on about his goal to game ratio, well there are three answers to that.

1/ McGoldrick's wasn't very good either, but look how he performed.
2/ Most of his career has been spent in leagues above ours, sometimes players have to drop a league to find their form.
3/ Vast majority of his appearances for Ipswich were off the bench, it tends to skew statistics.

I've got hope in this guy, I think he'll do the biz

J

Jack Griffin

I agree, I watched the match last night on Sky and was very disappointed with Tudgay, I felt that he should have been taken off at half time as he seemed to be well off the pace.

When SP lined up McQuiod I thought he was being subbed, but I was amazed to see Nouble go off instead. I guess the big fella isn't wholly match fit.

Paxman II

It's league 1 and Nouble was a different class on the ball for 90% of the time and finished very well. In this league he will score plenty. Same could be said for Jackson so I think there should be real optimism in our chances of promotion this year and players like McQuoid and Tudgay are only going to improve. I seriously think with the tightening of the defence we are a better proposition this year. We won't need to score as many. Ryan Haines is a real find and lets hope he stays in form. My main worry is Allsop.

Brighton Sky Blue

It was a cool finish.

I've heard people going on about his goal to game ratio, well there are three answers to that.

1/ McGoldrick's wasn't very good either, but look how he performed.
2/ Most of his career has been spent in leagues above ours, sometimes players have to drop a league to find their form.
3/ Vast majority of his appearances for Ipswich were off the bench, it tends to skew statistics.

I've got hope in this guy, I think he'll do the biz

Just re-watching some of the first half highlights and he linked up well with others in the final third. Even in the 2nd half when we dropped our intensity a bit he was still the focal point and looked more in the game than Tudgay was.

This is the advantage of loaning in players with a point to prove-we probably won't get to keep him but he should do a good job as long as he's here.

johnwillomagic

hmm think there's a good case for all four of them arguably more strength in depth up top than last year when heavily reliant on Wilson and Clarke who fortunately were brilliant first half of season.

It was a decent debut from Nouble still think he is a bit of a donkey but signs look good for league 1. I count mcquoid very unlucky to be dropped given his goalscoring exploits. More to come from Tudgay....without a doubt he had a bit of a stinker yesterday but should improve & jackson excites me though not had enough playing time to justify my excitement to date.

All in all exciting times but can't help but think Yeovil is a massive and also tricky game!!

KersleyDigs

Couldn't agree more. He was there to link the play and hold the ball up (SP's words not mine). The reason we were under sustained pressure from Gillingham was a result of his inability to hold the ball up when we cleared our lines.

ccfc1234

Couldn't agree more. He was there to link the play and hold the ball up (SP's words not mine). The reason we were under sustained pressure from Gillingham was a result of his inability to hold the ball up when we cleared our lines.

Was the same away at MK dons. I said to my mate we need a proper target man who can take the pressure off the back line by making the ball stick up the pitch. Dispite his goal scoring stats Nouble for me was a great addition as he does this well, esp at this level.
Not sure what Presley saw in Tudgay while on trial, sadly he looks way past his best!! His Wikipedia page shows he badly dropped off as a goal scoring threat a few season ago.

Jackson and Nouble look like they should be our front 2.

Otis

Am guessing that Pressely chose Nouble for the very point of him and Jackson being the front two.

Tudgay was worryingly poor on Friday. He looked unfit, slow, didn't chase anything down or put in any challenges and seemed rather disinterested.

Early days as has been said, but Nouble and Jackson on paper does sound like a more mouthwatering prospect.

Astute

We signed these players late. All of them could easily improve with match fitness. I do agree about Nouble though. Played some very good touches as well as taking his goal well. If he keeps it up I hope we can sort something out and spend a bit of our income from coming home to bring him here permanently.

Users who are viewing this thread