Frank lampard (1 Viewer)

fernandopartridge

I don't like chopping and changing managers but this isn't a big surprise. There is no runaway team this year and Chelsea are still not really in the chasing pack. He's spent a fortune but doesn't seem able to work out how to get the best out of his big signings. In a strange way the end of their transfer ban did him no real favours, he was doing OK bringing players like Mount through.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

They spent a lot of money on players like Werner. He was awesome originally, but watching him this year he looks pretty shocking. Reminds me a bit of someone like Falcao. Insane player and comes to England looking like a shadow of his former self.

fernandopartridge

His transfer dealings are like when you go to do the week's shopping without a list. You buy loads of things that individually are good but don't work together.
Also, it's not as if the appointment was on merit

no_loyalty

Lampard sacking now confirmed, ex PSG boss Tunchel expected to be named.

Terry Gibson's perm

I wonder how many he chose of the new players the owner seems to like to play football manager

oscillatewildly

Entirely predictable - If not by today's game then defo by Chelsea. Surprised he didn't go earlier to be honest.
One again, no eyelids batted here.

Mcbean

They should have only taken him on temporarily- this was bound to happen - just a lack of experience for such a big team - was really just a matter of time

Grendel

Five live last night Liverpool fan demanding taxi for Klopp

Rich

He really didn't start at the bottom and work his way up. Starting at the top is always a bad idea.

CCFCSteve

Harsh decision, got Wolves and Burnley at home next, still in Champs league and F A Cup. Reckon they probably could’ve just bought Mendy, Chilwell and Silva and would’ve been as good this season though

skybluesam66

Five live last night Liverpool fan demanding taxi for Klopp
Madness - Taxi for the manager who has won then a league title for the first time in Decades, just because they are not quite living up to the expectation of a few, and are riddled with injuries to key players!

Reactions: SBT

Terry Gibson's perm

I read that he was pestering to spend £80 million on Declan Rice and the board didn’t want to as they had let him go for nothing aged 15.

Evo1883

I think Frank approached management wrong, they looked fairly good going forward but couldn't defend... Much like when he was at Derby they were frail atb... He didn't adapt to that and ultimately lost his job

Paxman II

Was poor cutting his teeth at Derby and jumped too quick into the big league. Should have done what Gerrad's done and took an easier route to cutting teeth in Scotland at a club that will dominate with Cetic no matter who manages tbf. Sorry for Frank but he will be back and he's all the richer for it in experience and financially tbf. Great player would like to see him succeed. Abramovitz is ruthless.

mark82

Thought he did ok at Derby, and certainly did well last year given the circumstances. Bought too many players this year, unsettled the side. Don't think it's the right decision but it's what Chelsea do.

mark82

Madness for me

giphy.gif

skyblue1991

Thought he did ok at Derby, and certainly did well last year given the circumstances. Bought too many players this year, unsettled the side. Don't think it's the right decision but it's what Chelsea do.
Exactly my thoughts.

No one in his position would turn the Chelsea job down but you don't buy a load of players and expect instant success. Different model compared to Man Utd and Liverpool

Sent from my I3113 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread