Foxes end Maynard interest (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

Nicky_2571450.jpg

Leicester City have ended their interest in Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard, according to a club spokesperson.

Foxes boss Sven Goran Eriksson had targeted the frontman as part of his remodelling job ahead of a pursuit of promotion from the Championship.

Maynard has just one year remaining on his contract and it was thought that Bristol City would be prepared to listen to offers this summer.

But Leicester have been surprised that three bids, which reportedly peaked at £4.75million, have been turned down and are now thought to be looking at Sheffield United forward Ched Evans.

A Foxes spokesperson told the Bristol Evening Post: "We felt we made a very favourable offer for Nicky Maynard and were surprised when it was turned down.

"Bristol City have made their position clear and it is time to move on and look elsewhere."
Focused

A new contract has been on offer for Maynard, but he has yet to reach an agreement and Bristol City manager Keith Millen is concerned Leicester's interest may have turned the player's head.

"I'm worried that all this speculation could turn out to be a distraction for Nicky," said Millen.

"It is part and parcel of the game these days, but it is not ideal for the club or the player. I don't want Nicky's head being turned by other clubs, I want him to be fully focussed on getting fit and match sharp, so that he is at his best when the season kicks-off in August.

"I'm ambitious and want us to be pushing for promotion next season. I'm certainly not in the business of selling my best players and I'm delighted the club stood firm and rejected the bids from Leicester.

"Nicky is happy here and, apart from anything else, the money on offer was nowhere near enough."

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
He can play in the premier league dunno how Brizzle have still got him to be honest and 4.75mill seems a good offer to turn down with him only having a year on his contract - you could reinvest that money on a decent striker on a 3 year deal with that sort of money.

Nicky_2571450.jpg

Leicester City have ended their interest in Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard, according to a club spokesperson.

Foxes boss Sven Goran Eriksson had targeted the frontman as part of his remodelling job ahead of a pursuit of promotion from the Championship.

Maynard has just one year remaining on his contract and it was thought that Bristol City would be prepared to listen to offers this summer.

But Leicester have been surprised that three bids, which reportedly peaked at £4.75million, have been turned down and are now thought to be looking at Sheffield United forward Ched Evans.

A Foxes spokesperson told the Bristol Evening Post: "We felt we made a very favourable offer for Nicky Maynard and were surprised when it was turned down.

Focused

A new contract has been on offer for Maynard, but he has yet to reach an agreement and Bristol City manager Keith Millen is concerned Leicester's interest may have turned the player's head.

That's rubbish mate, it is still very much on :p

Users who are viewing this thread