Forum to decide (1 Viewer)

Covkid1968#

I coach 7 year olds in Leicestershire and have a great relationship with parents that I want to keep, Today one of the parents has offered me 2 tickets for Saturday for Leics v Stoke for me and my son who plays for the U7's team with his son. So do I....

1. Politely decline and explain Im Sky Blue through and through
2. Accept but never tell anyone (my mates would crucify me)
3. Accept and be proud that I can appreciate prem football and be adult about the Leics and Coventry thing

Cheers for your advice folks.......

Otis

I coach 7 year olds in Leicestershire and have a great relationship with parents that I want to keep, Today one of the parents has offered me 2 tickets for Saturday for Leics v Stoke for me and my son who plays for the U7's team with his son. So do I....

3. Accept and be proud that I can appreciate prem football and be adult about the Leics and Coventry thing

4. Don't lay yourself bare and ask fellow sky Blue supporters on a football forum?

Covkid1968#

Does you son support us or could he become a Leicester supporter?

Ive took him up 3 times now, but he sort of loses interest half way through. but I think he would do that whoever was playing so Im trying again next year yea. He does understand that its important he likes all things Coventry as Ive been brainwashing him since he could talk. So I dont think he would dare support Leics

Covkid1968#

Covkid1968#

Accept and rip them up in his face?

Yessss....now we are talking. Oh hold on...he plays Rugby and is big. Im a mild mannered accountant....but I could do that in the safety of my front room

Samo

I coach 7 year olds in Leicestershire and have a great relationship with parents that
I want to keep, Today one of the parents has offered me 2 tickets for Saturday for Leics v Stoke for me and my son who plays for the U7's team with his son. So do I....

Be adult about footy rivalry? I wouldn't attempt that!

Noggin

if it will make you or your son happy to go to the game then go to the game, if it won't then don't. One things for sure though you shouldn't give a shit what we think. if it were me I'd go if the invite is a group one, ie the person who is offering you the tickets and his son would be going with you, if he's just giving you 2 random tickets then I wouldn't go as I have no interest in watching Leicester Stoke, but I'm sure you know what will make you happy.

pusbccfc

If you aren't going Gillingham, you may as well just go.
It's nice to go to a game and not have to worry about the score.

Have a few beers and cheer on Stoke if you must.

Covkid1968#

Leics v Stoke

Went to watch some Premiership football with 6 year old son and I have to say Leics were poor and look like a team who will get relegated. Looking around the stadium it was sold out but rarely generated what I would call a decent atmosphere.

Really wanted to stay mature about the whole Leics v Cov thing but instead I immaturely got a picture of my son kissing the badge outside the ground, even had a Leics fan asking if we wanted a picture of us both thinking it was a Leics away top I assume!!

Leics fans were really good around by us passing sweets and cakes at one point....although we were obviously assumed to be Leics fans. All in all with Stoke winning it was a good day out.

But I shan't do it again

Attachments

• Leics v Stoke.jpg
    Leics v Stoke.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 32

rob9872

Leics v Stoke

Went to watch some Premiership football with 6 year old son and I have to say Leics were poor and look like a team who will get relegated. Looking around the stadium it was sold out but rarely generated what I would call a decent atmosphere.

Really wanted to stay mature about the whole Leics v Cov thing but instead I immaturely got a picture of my son kissing the badge outside the ground, even had a Leics fan asking if we wanted a picture of us both thinking it was a Leics away top I assume!!

Leics fans were really good around by us passing sweets and cakes at one point....although we were obviously assumed to be Leics fans. All in all with Stoke winning it was a good day out.

But I shan't do it again

Found this thread from the guy that doesn't know anything about Premier League football.
Just saying cough cough attention seeker cough cough ;-)

oucho

If the tickets were free and I wasn't busy, I'd say yes.

Johhny Blue

Cheers for your advice folks.......[/

clint van damme

Had no end of offers to go in the villa hospitality when my mate worked for the club and always declined, couldn't do it.

rob9872

Had no end of offers to go in the villa hospitality when my mate worked for the club and always declined, couldn't do it.
Lol had similar but I have no shame - even had my picture taken with the European cup :) Free food and booze what's not to like. Even better when they got beat and a bar full of gloomy faces apart from mine.

Captain Dart

Found this thread from the guy that doesn't know anything about Premier League football.
Top trolling.

Mcbean

Accept them put them on EBAY use the funds to send a thousand NOPM fans to the game at Cov - simples

Mcbean

clearly with a great deal of difficulty - maybe i exaggerated the 1000 as their tickets are not worth that much

Sick Boy

No way could I accept! My brother in law supports Leicester and have made in my mission to take my nephew to a Cov game first hahaha

Hobo

Why not accept them and just enjoy the day with your son. It's actually enjoyable to watch football as a neutral sometimes.

Covkid1968#

Pahaha....Not sure what your point is.....I can name Vardy and Marez in the Lecis team....and watched them 3 times...Each time I've left half way through the game as I was soooo bored. Last time was that Stoke game a few years ago. I'm from a family of Scousers and get offered Liverpool tickets and Everton tickets fairly frequently but never go!!! If I wanted your attention I would just ask for it lover......:)

ovduk78

No way could I accept! My brother in law supports Leicester and have made in my mission to take my nephew to a Cov game first hahaha
My brother is a Leicester fan, god knows how that happened!!, but I managed to get his daughter to come and watch us and she even had a season ticket at HR.

If I was offered a ticket to watch them the answer would be no, but then that would probably apply to most PL teams. My friends used to go and watch England at Twickenham and I was offered tickets on numerous occasions and each time I declined so I could watch CCFC, I am sure 1 was even a grand slam decider but it was Coventry v Wimbledon for me!!

Users who are viewing this thread