Formation (1 Viewer)

Briles

Our preferred system Playing 1 up front suggests we look to keep it tight and nick a goal.

We have the joint second most goals conceded.

What harm would it do having two up front? Certainly wouldn't matter defence wise.

Saddlebrains

I was thinking of dropping hyam and going 442.

But now Mcfadz has got suspended its a case of necessity playing Hyam.

Id honestly go to a flat back 4, diamond middle 2 up top. Like so

Marosi
Dabo. Osti Hyam Mccallum
James
Hamer. Sheaf
. O'Hare

Gyokeres. Walker ( due to be back for the Wednesday game)

PVA

Playing 1 up front does not automatically mean you are playing defensively. It's not that simple.

You can play defensively with two up front and you can play attacking with one up front.

cc84cov

Playing 1 up front does not automatically mean you are playing defensively. It's not that simple.

You can play defensively with two up front and you can play attacking with one up front.
We have no outlets the ball is passed backwards inviting pressure and mistakes

junglej13

I feel sorry for Gyokeres. I've seen Godden and Walker both put similar performances in. They get no support from the two attacking midfielders who are absolute garbage. We need to play two up front.

cc84cov

I feel sorry for Gyokeres. I've seen Godden and Walker both put similar performances in. They get no support from the two attacking midfielders who are absolute garbage. We need to play two up front.
Especially with O’Hare and Shipley behind him - mission impossible

I don’t see how robins cannot go 2 up front now 1 simply doesn’t work

Magwitch

Wingers !! a dying word in today’s football, with pace, bit of trickery, who can run at defences, occupy opposition and stretch defences play one ahead of midfield and two up top one of whom links the gap between midfield and attack will keep the opposing defenders back and occupied. But the modern game is based on ball retention lots of passing across the pitch from full-backto full-back to goalie to centre-half to full-back, midfield back to full-back on and on looks good but basically negative, how many shots at goal do we get per game ? one yesterday, O’Hares second minute miss that was it despite loads of possession first half.

David O'Day

Wingers !! a dying word in today’s football, with pace, bit of trickery, who can run at defences, occupy opposition and stretch defences play one ahead of midfield and two up top one of whom links the gap between midfield and attack will keep the opposing defenders back and occupied. But the modern game is based on ball retention lots of passing across the pitch from full-backto full-back to goalie to centre-half to full-back, midfield back to full-back on and on looks good but basically negative, how many shots at goal do we get per game ? one yesterday, O’Hares second minute miss that was it despite loads of possession first half.

Dabo in CM would sort everything out

Users who are viewing this thread