Formation - Time for a Change? (1 Viewer)

johnwillomagic

Having watched with disappointment yesterday I really think our current formation is not utilising our players.
Charlton looked ordinary 2 but played two lumps up top in Magennis and Novak and two wingers in Lookman and Holmes. To me they always looked threatening with this formation and we never really looked like scoring.

With current formation three in the centre all looked tiday and did ok tbh but all are too similar and none of the three drive forward with the ball or get forward enough in general.....at least one of them needed too!

If we persist with this formation full backs have to try to get behing defence and take risks......neither sterry or page did this probably Lameiras only one who tried to beat a man and get cross in.

Personally would switch to 4-4-2. (my first choices for postiions below come first - not included players still injured).
GK: RCC/Burge
RB: Sperry/Ricketts
LB: Page/Haynes
CB: Willis/Harries/Turnbull
CM: Bigi/McCann/Stevenson
RW: Lamerias/Jones
LW: Reid
CF: Ageyi/Sordell/Tudguy/Reid

Otis

Having watched with disappointment yesterday I really think our current formation is not utilising our players.
Charlton looked ordinary 2 but played two lumps up top in Magennis and Novak and two wingers in Lookman and Holmes. To me they always looked threatening with this formation and we never really looked like scoring.

With current formation three in the centre all looked tiday and did ok tbh but all are too similar and none of the three drive forward with the ball or get forward enough in general.....at least one of them needed too!

If we persist with this formation full backs have to try to get behing defence and take risks......neither sterry or page did this probably Lameiras only one who tried to beat a man and get cross in.

Personally would switch to 4-4-2. (my first choices for postiions below come first - not included players still injured).
GK: RCC/Burge
RB: Sperry/Ricketts
LB: Page/Haynes
CB: Willis/Harries/Turnbull
CM: Bigi/McCann/Stevenson
RW: Lamerias/Jones
LW: Reid
CF: Ageyi/Sordell/Tudguy/Reid
Personally, would like to see us try and sneak 12 players on the pitch and hope the ref doesn't notice.

Malaka

We were shit yesterday, i was at the front behind the goal with pigs bouncing off the back of my bald head. There was an old guy stood up the whole game shouting forward forward, the thing was if it was played forward there was no on making a run to play it to, So we pass it sideways, backwards etc until we play it short and it gets intercepted. This make us look good in the possession stats, however this is because teams just hold back and wait for our move to breakdown and they attack with purpose.
It was men v boys yesterday, Charlton were the better team and far more dangerous coming forward. It ain't the formation it is clueless attackers not able to create a run to make space for someone to get in. Honestly, we teach out kids this in under 9's football.

stupot07

We have already changed thr formation this season from
343 to 4231 to 433 nothing seems to work, so work giving 442 ago.

I have to lol at you putting Reid down as a potential center forward though

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread