Footballing what ifs (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

What if jimmy Hill had got the longer contract he wanted , what if we got to the cup final in 98
What if we sacked Strachan a year earlier
What if we’d stayed at high field road
I also got 3 revolving round Gazza

What if he hadn’t got a yellow card against the Germans , what if he had got sent off after his first challenge in the cup final against Forest
What if he’d managed to get a touch on Shearers pass on the 96 semi

Travs

First season down, home to Norwich City.... (when Richie Partridge scored that screamer)

what if we hadn’t conceded a goal through a massive deflection right near the end?

A win in that match would have put us well clear in the automatic promotion places, albeit well before xmas, but I’m convinced that moment dragged us back into the dogfight, and had we won that match our confidence would have been sky high, and promotion would have been secured at the first attempt.

Small margins...

Terry Gibson's perm

What if we had sacked Strachan when we should have in the summer before the last season in the premier would we have survived and I think if we had survived then we would have stayed up a long time

Flying Fokker

SISU, the white nights hadn’t rescued us...

Brian Clough had accepted that contract.

Trevor Francis had signed for us rather than Forest.

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

What if Duncan Edwards hadn't been in the Munich Air Disaster

What if Lee Hurst hadn't done that army assault course.

Gazolba

What if we hadn't moved from Highfield Road?
What if anyone could actually understand what Strachan was saying?
What if Viorel Moldovan or Ysrael Zuniga had scored a few more goals?
What if George Best, Ryan Giggs or Gareth Bale were English. Would we have won any major tournament?

Brighton Sky Blue

First season down, home to Norwich City.... (when Richie Partridge scored that screamer)

what if we hadn’t conceded a goal through a massive deflection right near the end?

A win in that match would have put us well clear in the automatic promotion places, albeit well before xmas, but I’m convinced that moment dragged us back into the dogfight, and had we won that match our confidence would have been sky high, and promotion would have been secured at the first attempt.

Small margins...

Thought the Partridge screamer was at home to Reading in the second season down? Also didn’t Lee Hughes score a last minute winner in the Norwich game?

clint van damme

What if Brian Clough had accepted our offer to manage us?
What if Ipswich hadn't beaten Arsenal in the 1978 FA cup and we'd gone in to the UEFA?
What if we'd been allowed to compete in the 1987-88 cup winners cup?

SkyBlueDom26

What if we never left Highfield road....

giphy.gif

no_loyalty

What if there was no 5 year European ban for English clubs, and we were in the cup winners cup.

Users who are viewing this thread