Footballers who don’t look like footballers (1 Viewer)

Blind-Faith

Was watching the Middlesbrough game last night and the left back George Friend , just doesn’t look like a footballer but had a great game , now watching the wolves game and the centre back willy boly doesn’t look like a footballer either .

Can anyone think of any others? Only other ones that come to mind are Lee Trundle, Akinfenwa and Jon Parkin.

Nick

Administrator
Not sure about that.
He reminds me of typical gobby, dirty, centre midfielders, usually found playing on local pitches (who are often quite skillful, but just hide it well)..
Ok, I see your point!
Can we go and grab a couple for tomorrow night?

matesx

Luke Chadwick

That boy was so ugly the midwife slapped his mother.

Woolly68

Was watching the Middlesbrough game last night and the left back George Friend , just doesn’t look like a footballer but had a great game , now watching the wolves game and the centre back willy boly doesn’t look like a footballer either .

Can anyone think of any others? Only other ones that come to mind are Lee Trundle, Akinfenwa and Jon Parkin.
George grew up on a farm in North Devon and played Rugby (not football) until he was 16. Probably not your typical looking footballer. Good solid player at Exeter. Used to watch him play down there a bit.

As for others, agree about Crouch. What about Jan Molby when he was at Liverpool? Matt Rhead (Lincoln) should be working the doors at a nightclub.

Blind-Faith

George grew up on a farm in North Devon and played Rugby (not football) until he was 16. Probably not your typical looking footballer. Good solid player at Exeter. Used to watch him play down there a bit.

As for others, agree about Crouch. What about Jan Molby when he was at Liverpool? Matt Rhead (Lincoln) should be working the doors at a nightclub.

Now a rugby player I can see , yeah every time I’ve seen him play he’s never had a bad game .

Also agree with Chadwick , my god he wasn’t blessed with any looks what so ever! Wouldn’t mind his bank account or footballing skills though haha

Alan Dugdales Moustache

Jimmy Bullard - landlord of the Cockney Spiv Inn.

Terry_dactyl

David Seaman. I always thought he looked like an estate agent or something. Until he got his ponytail, then he just looked like a twat.

Nonleagueherewecome

Great thread. You've got to go back to the 70's and 80's for the very best cos of the hair, and the sticker albums highlighted a lot.

David Armstrong-mullett AND combe-over in one? Great player though:

DAVID ARMSTRONG FOOTBALLER - Google Search:

Terry Mancini:

Google Image Result for http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-uGnVA_rgLxk/VFuLUCeRg_I/AAAAAAAAwYY/C-PxtU7K_vk/s1600/TERRY%2BMANCINI%2B-%2BARSENAL%2BSTICKER%2B1975-76.jpg

Gery Daly piled on the pounds a bit after leaving us:

gerry daly FOOTBALLER birmingham - Google Search:

And of course our very own svelte "Sumo" Quinn, who wasn't fast-apart from over 1 meter, when he was the fastest in the land!:

Micky Quinn coventry - Google Search:

COVKIDSNEVERQUIT

Ernie Hunt , if you hadn't seen him play you couldn't help but think how is he going to kick a football ball.

But oh boy could he.

Nick

Administrator
Iain-Dowie.jpg

rob9872

On Fridays performance Hiwula!

Gazolba

James Maddison. Looks like an IT worker.
Robbie Keane. Looked like a jockey.
Emile Heskey. Looked like a heavyweight boxer.

Users who are viewing this thread