Football - What a fickle world it is (1 Viewer)

Otis

3rd Feb (yesterday)

[h=1]Swansea City chairman rejects Michael Laudrup rumours[/h]
Swansea City chairman Huw Jenkins has rejected claims the club have discussed manager Michael Laudrup's future.
Rumours have been circulating about Laudrup's future after the Swans lost 2-0 at West Ham on Saturday.
It was their sixth defeat in eight Premier League games, leaving them only two points off the relegation places.
"I haven't heard anything in reference to Michael and neither have we met, or discussed, or done anything about Michael," said Jenkins.

4th Feb

[h=1]Boss Michael Laudrup leaves Swansea City[/h]
Swansea City have sacked boss Michael Laudrup and put club captain Garry Monk in charge for Saturday's clash with arch-rivals Cardiff City.
The news came a day after chairman Huw Jenkins dismissed rumours that they had discussed Laudrup's future.
"It is a decision we have taken reluctantly," Jenkins told the club's website.
"But it's a decision made in the best interests of Swansea City football club and our supporters."

Grendel

It is but they look in trouble. The board sees other new managers at palace and Sunderland having a positive effect.

I actually didn't mind strachan but when relegation loomed a new manager may have saved the club. If we had survived we would possibly even have achieved richardsons dream.

That's also why thorn should have gone. He was never going to keep the club up so should be sacked.

Covstu

team in trouble, he is a good manager. Not sure what any manager can do with that team so late in the season.

Otis

As far as I am aware though, there was no game between yesterday and today for them.

cloughie

It is but they look in trouble. The board sees other new managers at palace and Sunderland having a positive effect.

I actually didn't mind strachan but when relegation loomed a new manager may have saved the club. If we had survived we would possibly even have achieved richardsons dream.

That's also why thorn should have gone. He was never going to keep the club up so should be sacked.

your most lucid post for a long while

Ashdown1

Football is a bloody mess. The guy has done fantastic, it makes you wonder who some of these clubs and their fans think they are. They'll be reporting huge losses next, trying to stay in the promised land. Familiar ?

wingy

I'm thinking he may have had signals re other jobs ,as It sounds like h was likely off In the summer ,therefore the right thing if he had'nt been focused and working to Maximum.

jimmyhillsfanclub

He's done worse with a better team than Rodgers

Wrong on every measure mate:

Trophies won under Laudrup = 1

Trophies won under Rodgers = 0.

Highest finish under Laudrup = 9th PL.

Highest finish under Rodgers = 11 PL.

Don't know whats gone on at Swansea but I didn't have their board down as trigger happy idiots.....I reckon Laudrup has been tapped up or has been sniffing other opportunities....

lewys33

Reading between the lines - he was not interested anymore. Nobody publicly speaks out about managers being disinterested or not very involved. Hence why nobody knows the real story.

They lost at the weekend and then he went on a little holiday for himself?!

Covstu

he went to france didnt he and cancelled training!! They also said he cancelled training when it was raining, its Wales FFS!!!

Users who are viewing this thread