Football Trivia Quiz (1 Viewer)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

Right guys simple idea.

Ask your football trivia questions to our following fans.

(2) RULES
: You can only ask your football trivia question after correctly answering the previous question.
: No "Googling" kind of ruins the fun. :)

Make sense?

OK i'll go first:

Name 4 teams out of the 92 in England (Premiership, Championship and Divisions 1-2), who start with the same letter that they end with....

Last edited:

Kuklinski

Aston Villa
Liverpool
Charlton Athletic
Northampton Town

Who was the 1st player to be sent off playing for England?

kg82

Aston Villa
Liverpool
Charlton Athletic
Northampton Town

Who was the 1st player to be sent off playing for England?

Alan Mullery.

Ok, this is more of a riddle:

What player has scored a hat-trick for England but only made one appearance for a club team, scoring 0? Name the team as well

doodlebug

My guess would be Honey Monster... in a couple of adverts.... Played for Newcastle in one of them if I remember correctly?

doodlebug

hmmmm.... now i'm thinking that the hat-trick may not necessarily have been at football... cricket perhaps, but I can't think of anyone who would fit the bill. Ian Botham played for 'The Iron', but i'm pretty sure he played more than one game for them..... i'm stumped!!!!!!

Sky Blue M

My guess would be Honey Monster... in a couple of adverts.... Played for Newcastle in one of them if I remember correctly?

That Honey Monster question is something like who scored a goal for Newcastle Utd and saved a penalty for Man Utd in the same season.

kg82

hmmmm.... now i'm thinking that the hat-trick may not necessarily have been at football... cricket perhaps, but I can't think of anyone who would fit the bill. Ian Botham played for 'The Iron', but i'm pretty sure he played more than one game for them..... i'm stumped!!!!!!

Closer! heading in the right direction anyway!

Sky Blue M

Is it a cricket player then? cause you can score hat tricks in other sports........ Lawrence Dallaglio, seem to remeber him playing football for someone not too long ago dunno if he ever scored a hat trick of tries tho

kg82

Sorry, not Dallaglio. I'll give everybody till just before the champs league games tonight to tell them.

By the way, if that happens do I get to ask another question!!

Cobi Jones's Dreads

kg82

Ok, the player is Geoff Hurst. He scored a hat-trick for the England football national team (obviously) but played 1 first class match for Essex in the Cricket county league scoring a duck in the 1st innings and another duck in his 2nd innings! Thought someone was going to get it when cricket was mentioned!

Which player was the holder of the record transfer fee before Trevor Francis?

Grendel

Steve Daley?

Grendel

Kevin Keegan - did he go to Hamburg before Francis?

Grendel

Is this someone really obscure by any chance?

Users who are viewing this thread