Football The Best Day Out ? (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

Since the lockdown has eased we are able to get out and about more. I've been to the pub a couple of times, been out for some good walks, and met up with friends and family.
But I have to admit I'm really missing going to a match, in fact to me it is without doubt the best day out. Meet a few mates in the pub before a game, go the match, and back to a pub or club afterwards. And of course an away fixture is nearly always a great day out.
I love my music and have been all over the UK to watch bands, but for me going to the football is tops.
Agree or disagree ?

Sky_Blue_Dreamer

Depends. If I've been to a few football matches I miss other sports like cricket/icehockey and if I've been to a few sports I miss theatre/music/comedy and vice versa. Similarly it depends on the day out. Cold, wet, dark winter football I find an absolute chore but being indoors watching a play in summer I want to be outside. Some bands/comedians can be great, others disappointing.

I need a mix of things to do or it all gets far too samey and I stop enjoying it.

fernandopartridge

Since the lockdown has eased we are able to get out and about more. I've been to the pub a couple of times, been out for some good walks, and met up with friends and family.
But I have to admit I'm really missing going to a match, in fact to me it is without doubt the best day out. Meet a few mates in the pub before a game, go the match, and back to a pub or club afterwards. And of course an away fixture is nearly always a great day out.
I love my music and have been all over the UK to watch bands, but for me going to the football is tops.
Agree or disagree ?

I agree, it is strange though as basically it's a glorified all day drinking session with a football interlude.

clint van damme

Agree or disagree ?

Love both. Mentioned on another thread a few occasions when I've been to a match in the day and a gig in the evening and that's always a great day.

Thing with the football is it can turn sour with a really bad result, flip side, a really good result and you're on top of the world.

wingy

Love both. Mentioned on another thread a few occasions when I've been to a match in the day and a gig in the evening and that's always a great day.

Thing with the football is it can turn sour with a really bad result, flip side, a really good result and you're on top of the world.
Yep that would be a perfect day .
I don't think we played on the 23rd December 1980 .
Binlgley Hall/Stafford county ground , first Police concert I attended .
Utopia.

Sbarcher

A weekend in London some time ago. Saturday saw matinee of Pantom of the Opera, then evening at the Royal Albert Hall for Cirque du Soleil. A few beers to end the night then QPR v City on the Sunday, we lost!

tskezz

Agree or disagree ?
Agree massively. I'm always away doing different things but a Cov away game is the best of all with the football normally being the worst part, especially when your sobering up because the lower league grounds have ran out of beer before KO.

Oh i miss it so

bringbackrattles

Went to a mate's funeral yesterday and afterwards we all went to the club for food and drink. Not long till talk got round to football and the upcoming season. So even at sad occasions football is on most minds !

Users who are viewing this thread