Football Special Trains to Return (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Heard on the radio this morning that they will have designated carriages and people in "pink vests" to manage them.

Rail staff with pink vests deployed to manage football fans

Pink vests because it is calming for crowds. They obviously haven't thought it through because you only need to look at how calming opposing keepers in pink kits are for drunken football fans.

pastythegreat

Heard on the radio this morning that they will have designated carriages and people in "pink vests" to manage them.

Rail staff with pink vests deployed to manage football fans

Pink vests because it is calming for crowds. They obviously haven't thought it through because you only need to look at how calming opposing keepers in pink kits are for drunken football fans.
Also, if football fans have to be in specific carriages, does that mean you'll end up with 8 half empty carriages and 2 absolutely chocker block past any H&S regulation limits?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
Also, if football fans have to be in specific carriages, does that mean you'll end up with 8 half empty carriages and 2 absolutely cocker block past any H&S regulation limits?

Unless they just stop letting football fans on.

The other thing is what if it's a football fan on the lash and coked up or one in a shirt with his toddler? Surely the family could go in a normal one?

pastythegreat

Unless they just stop letting football fans on.

The other thing is what if it's a football fan on the lash and coked up or one in a shirt with his toddler? Surely the family could go in a normal one?
This is the thing, people who dont support football seem to lump us together as one. All are the same and all can be treated like cattle. They think of a "good idea" but dont look at the bigger picture most of the time, or look at specific requirements sometimes. Children, disabled etc.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

This is the thing, people who dont support football seem to lump us together as one. All are the same and all can be treated like cattle. They think of a "good idea" but dont look at the bigger picture most of the time, or look at specific requirements sometimes. Children, disabled etc.

Totally agree, if I’m travelling to an away game by train and I can get away from the ‘banter lads’ I will and I think many others would be the same.

SBAndy

Also, if football fans have to be in specific carriages, does that mean you'll end up with 8 half empty carriages and 2 absolutely chocker block past any H&S regulation limits?

Hahahaha health and safety limits on trains. Good joke. They don’t give a fuck on trains, pack everyone in so tightly they can’t breathe. It’s a disgrace.

Terry Gibson's perm

Hahahaha health and safety limits on trains. Good joke. They don’t give a fuck on trains, pack everyone in so tightly they can’t breathe. It’s a disgrace.

That’s just on normal trains football one will be far worse

OffenhamSkyBlue

Be a good excuse for Panorama or World in Action (ask your parents, kids) to re-make their documentary of the 70s on how certain clubs became intent on performing internal remodeling of BR's rolling stock on a Saturday afternoon!
Wasn't JH credited with inventing football specials for Sky Blues fans back in the 60s?

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Btw, the story in the link has nothing to do with 'special trains', it's just a story about some train support staff now wearing pink to have a supposed calming effect on issed up racists*

*based on the examples where the immune from any criticism scousers apparently did racist chanting

Adge

If that’s the case that they are returning let’s hope they price them properly.

Nick

Administrator
Btw, the story in the link has nothing to do with 'special trains', it's just a story about some train support staff now wearing pink to have a supposed calming effect on issed up racists*

*based on the examples where the immune from any criticism scousers apparently did racist chanting

Thats the only one I could find on my phone. On the radio it said about assigned carriages as well.

Spurs 'City Away Kit' Kit

Be a good excuse for Panorama or World in Action (ask your parents, kids) to re-make their documentary of the 70s on how certain clubs became intent on performing internal remodeling of BR's rolling stock on a Saturday afternoon!
Wasn't JH credited with inventing football specials for Sky Blues fans back in the 60s?
Think you are are right about JH and the football specials - visionary!!

On a related point, Brighton match tickets give free train travel to the ground for the game from the town centre for all fans, if the Ricoh had a decent train service that might help drag a few more bums to seats.

Westendlad

On a related point, Brighton match tickets give free train travel to the ground for the game from the town centre for all fans, if the Ricoh had a decent train service that might help drag a few more bums to seats.
Brighton/Bums..........Giggle giggle :)

chiefdave

Remember getting the train to games in the late 80s and they'd use old smashed up carriages that sometimes didn't have any seats or windows!

clint van damme

Sounds like they've modelled that on what some of the German clubs do. Cracking idea.

Sick Boy

It’s a wider area than just the city centre, it’s an excellent idea and encourages people to use public transport

pusbccfc

There's 2 trains an hour to the Ricoh.

christonabike

Used to get the football special to Villa Park and they were smashed to fook, no seats just wooden boards on the floors and the odd window lol! Great memories of drunken yobs punching holes in the ceilings and smashing anything they could.:wideyed: They only lasted ten mins into the game before they were thrown out!

Users who are viewing this thread