Football Manager 2012 (1 Viewer)

CovScott88

Any Football Manager players out there? If so, what changes would you like to see SI make/implement for the new game?

skyblue_rich

Would like to see finances be more realistic, on mine o I am losing 10mil a month but still ain't going in2 debt. And make it more personal, so u can decide ur favoutie personal etc. Also make subs have more impact, so u can actully change a game

AngryAnt

Pretty happy with FM2011 myself so i've no idea how they are going to top it.
Perhaps something with the 3D engine, add more stadiums to it, more options for teamtalks.
Though i do think the agents idea was just plain annoying.

CovScott88

- The team talks and interviews definitely need tweaking. I don't like only having a couple of crap responses to choose from.
- Being able to see the improvements your players have made whilst out on loan
- Deepen the rivalries between teams
- Would be good to be able to suggest building academies in foreign countries
- Better developed relationships between players and other managers
- Should be able to insert a loan back clause in a contract to either make your bid more appealing, or if you are selling you can still keep the players for another season
- Get rid of the pre-defined positions so you can put players exactly where you want
- You should be able to offer someone a contract regardless of whether they are interested or not. They may be swayed by a large offer
- You should be able to start as an assistant manager or U21's manager
- The ability to take your assistant/coach/scout etc if you move to another club

Ive got plenty more!

im-confused

I think they should add more options to the team talks and press interviews. Also when you comment on a plater or manager you should have more options. I'm sure they will think of some more cool stuff to add though.

ccfcdan

I haven't played a managing game since Premier manager 98 on the mega drive.Still remember always signing a player called Brazil. Always banged in the goals. I'm guessing its changed a lot since then!

Marty

haven't got it in ages, last one was fm05 where i got everton to champions league final and won quite a few stuff, challenging for the premier league title etc. it just gets boring after a while though.

ajsccfc

- Being able to see the improvements your players have made whilst out on loan
- Get rid of the pre-defined positions so you can put players exactly where you want
- The ability to take your assistant/coach/scout etc if you move to another club

Those three are pretty much there anyway: you can see the progress of all your players so loanees are included
There's nothing stopping you putting a player out of position (unless you mean the actual physical positioning on the formation diagram, in which case it should just be looked at as a visual representation more than anything, player instructions define the roles more)
If you move club you can approach your old staff.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
i have fm 2011 on the psp very handy for when im on break in work or travelling as im off to greece next sun so think ill start a new season to get me through my bus and plane flight on the way over, 4 hour flight what 4 hours feels like 1hr when your playing this game lol.whens 2012 being released?

TheRoyalScam

I like FM2011 - the 3D match engine is a massive improvement, and the programme runs effortlessly even with a large database. It's great value for money, especially if you wait a couple of months after the launch date and the price comes down.

The one really annoying feature for me, like a lot of other posters, is the press conference - then again is it perhaps just being realistic, because I'm sure managers get as annoyed with the questions they're asked in the real world? You can always send your assistant I suppose.

I also resent the Steam adverts, but that's a minor quibble.

It's also harder to import database mods like player faces, backgrounds, stadia, badges - I used to really enjoy doing this on FM2010, but I've given up on FM2011.:(

ajsccfc

I have my assistant handle press conferences, I can't be arsed selecting the same 'positive without being arrogant' answer from the list each time, so I leave it to the AssMan to see if he chooses to call our team a bunch of twats or turn a table over and storm out.

TheRoyalScam

I have my assistant handle press conferences, I can't be arsed selecting the same 'positive without being arrogant' answer from the list each time, so I leave it to the AssMan to see if he chooses to call our team a bunch of twats or turn a table over and storm out.

Well summed up there. Most arrogant answer: 'Yes I believe I'm the special one'!:claping hands:

Ernie Machin

I'd like to see a bit of crowd violence to make it more realistic.

SI got into a bit of trouble when they tried to introduce a few negative aspects of realism into the game on the old ChampMan. Like with players assaulting refs and players getting cancer (it was around the time of Neil Harris testicular cancer scare). They decided it was in bad taste (they got a lot of complaints) and shelved that stuff.

"On the Ball" on the Amiga was a great game for this kind of thing, you could go drinking with the players! Very Cloughesque.

ajsccfc

I do like the option of adding your own little comment though, it's neat at first to read 'He blew his top and stormed out after a contentious question by one journalist, remarking before he left; 'boomshakalaka''

CovLis86

My housemate and I are long term players. Currently we both just got to the uefa cup final with boreham wood and northwich Victoria.

So what I'd ask them to improve is how these smaller clubs grow,as despite how well I'm doing,finishing in top 3 premiership last 4 seasons,players on other teams are on about a 6th of my entire wage budget. My stadium is quarter of the size and the stature of my club is not one befitting of one of the big 4.

Sky Blue M

My laptops far to slow to play FM. Last one I had on laptop was 2008 and it took far to long to load. So I would love it if they bought it out on 360 again. Got FM2007 on that and still play it fairly regularly!

ajsccfc

Yep, I think it was actually a good idea if only to convey why everyone hates agents. When you get the news item that an agent retires or a player has sacked theirs it's almost as good as a 1-0 win in the 95th minute.

bishbosh

I bought FM2011 when it was released; it was the first FM I pruchased since it was still CM.

I have to say I have enjoyed it but I don't get much chance to play - also managed to lose a saved game. Currently managing Blyth Spartans way down in the BSP, I enjoy the LLM challenge.

The press conferences are the biggest thing I'd change - very repetitive also some more variation in the team talks every now and again would be nice.

Can't say I'll be getting 2012 I'll probably wait a few more years before I get another release.

Covstu

I remember buying Championship Manager 95 (old football manager) on the Amiga! It was just words but it was quality particurly getting to season 46 or something like that!!!

As for FM12, the press thing annoys me, just the same boring repsonses - i have just shipped that to the AM.

Users who are viewing this thread