Football League still making it's own rules (1 Viewer)

robbiethemole

taken from another website

Gillingham
FC have escaped a points deduction after admitting to fielding an ineligible player.
The Gills played Emmanuel Osadebe in their 4-0 win against Sheffield United and thought his previous club was Tottenham's youth team when in fact it was Irish side Dundalk.
Gillingham have been fined £4,000 and the Football League said in a statement:
“While Gillingham have admitted that Emmanuel Osadebe should not have been selected for the match with Sheffield United on August 8 without all of the necessary confirmations being in place, it is also fair to say that the FA should have identified this issue earlier. Had it done so, this breach of regulations would never have occurred.

“Given the exceptional circumstances of this case, the Commission has ruled that the club should not find itself subject to a points deduction.”

seems we're the only side the FL cant assist.

Astute

They're guidelines not rules.

The FL have admitted that they were part of what went wrong. So the JR could be against both of them.

So are they rules that have been set and they become guidelines when broken?

skybluetony176

The FL have admitted that they were part of what went wrong. So the JR could be against both of them.

Think the pirates code in pirates of the Caribbean and you won't be far off ;)

chiefdave

Don't think they were blameless when the golden share and player contracts were moving between companies. Still hit us with a points deduction though.

Samo

I've no problem with them making their own rules... It's them breaking their own rules I object to.

rob9872

Like a club not being outside a certain radius of the city that we fell foul of!

shmmeee

The FL did assist "us", they just didn't assist the fans.

The club went to the FL/FA and said "I'd like to move us out of the city please, oh and that'll mean I can't follow SCMP" and the FL went "OK, but don't be too long".

Brylowes

Thought the FL said the FA were part of the problem.

Terry Gibson's perm

I am surprised that Sheffield United are happy with that as they didn't back down in the Steven saga until they got paid off.

of course gillingham should lose the points or have to replay.

georgehudson

who at the FL is making these decisions ?
more dubious decision making, sisu really should be on the case with this one, oh hang on a minute SW is now CEO @ gillingham

Terry Gibson's perm

Steven saga? :thinking about:

Now I know what the auto the auto correct on the ipad for Tevez is:claping hands:. Don't you be making any errors on you match commentary as I will be watching;)

Gazolba

I'm all for forgiving the 10 points deduction but take away the three points they won in that game.

Users who are viewing this thread