Football business experts (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

I suppose whilst there is a suggestion that the football business experts can't understand what ACL are doing. To provide a counter view

A TOP football finance expert has said moves to force Coventry City into administration leave the door open for a takeover.

Brendan Guilfoyle has allayed fears that the Sky Blues could be days away from being wound up after stadium operating company Arena Coventry Ltd (ACL) applied to put the club into administration.

The Telegraph revealed yesterday the latest move in the bitter battle between the stadium owners and Coventry City Football Club.

ACL’s application will be heard at the High Court next Friday and could result in a ten-point deduction in League One this season.

Mr Guilfoyle, who has acted as administrator for numerous professional sports clubs, including Crystal Palace and Luton, ruled out the possibility of Coventry City being plunged straight into liquidation – as the club had suggested.

“An experienced administrator would hopefully find a way for the club to fulfil its fixtures and find a buyer,” he said. “As far as I can see, ACL have moved because the club keeps threatening liquidation. Administration is a more positive development in terms of keeping the club in existence.”

Mr Guilfoyle said if the club goes into administration the Football League would suspend its “share” – or league place.

He added: “Then, providing the club can exit through a Company Voluntary Arrangement, the league will restore that share – normally to a new company.

“And the club’s league position, subject to sporting sanctions, will be reinstated. I don’t want to say ‘someone will always come forward’, but there are no reasons why there won’t be potential purchasers here.”

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/coventry-city-fc/coventry-city-fc-news/2013/03/15/administration-leaves-door-open-for-takeover-at-coventry-city-92746-32995318/#ixzz2NcESLc4j

Last edited:

stupot07

Yet another football expert/professor said that they will struggle to find a buyer and wouldn't touch the club with barge poll, citing the need of the club to own the Ricoh.

I agree with the football business expert, Chris Brady, on CWR this morning. He said he if he was an investor he wouldn't touch the club with a barge-pole as the income from our matches goes straight to ACL. And he he said they are happy to brag about the fact that they make all the profit. This is why this is a bad move from ACL. There's no future for us while ACL take advantage of Coventry City. Shameful really.

I firmly believe this is why the wheels have been set in motion. The question is whether or not someone is willing to walk through that open door.

RoboCCFC90

I suppose whilst there is a suggestion that the football business experts can't understand what ACL are doing. To provide a counter view

A TOP football finance expert has said moves to force Coventry City into administration leave the door open for a takeover.

Brendan Guilfoyle has allayed fears that the Sky Blues could be days away from being wound up after stadium operating company Arena Coventry Ltd (ACL) applied to put the club into administration.

The Telegraph revealed yesterday the latest move in the bitter battle between the stadium owners and Coventry City Football Club.

ACL’s application will be heard at the High Court next Friday and could result in a ten-point deduction in League One this season.

Mr Guilfoyle, who has acted as administrator for numerous professional sports clubs, including Crystal Palace and Luton, ruled out the possibility of Coventry City being plunged straight into liquidation – as the club had suggested.

“An experienced administrator would hopefully find a way for the club to fulfil its fixtures and find a buyer,” he said. “As far as I can see, ACL have moved because the club keeps threatening liquidation. Administration is a more positive development in terms of keeping the club in existence.”

Mr Guilfoyle said if the club goes into administration the Football League would suspend its “share” – or league place.

He added: “Then, providing the club can exit through a Company Voluntary Arrangement, the league will restore that share – normally to a new company.

“And the club’s league position, subject to sporting sanctions, will be reinstated. I don’t want to say ‘someone will always come forward’, but there are no reasons why there won’t be potential purchasers here.”

Read More http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/co...t-coventry-city-92746-32995318/#ixzz2NcESLc4j

Well done Sherlock!! Expert my arse anyone could figure that out, it's probably CT pulling an old bloke off the street again!!

dongonzalos

Well done Sherlock!! Expert my arse anyone could figure that out, it's probably CT pulling an old bloke off the street again!!

Yeah I agree
But for some reason the Daily Telegraph and Sky Sports have previously picked the same random old bloke for his expert opinion.
Muppets, I bet the bloke is a Jacket Potato stand man really

chiefdave

So the person who ACL want to bring in as administrator, making him a lot of money in the process, is suggesting adminstration is a good idea!

We all know administration could lead to a new owner, but it could also lead to SISU retaining control or the club being liquidated.

Users who are viewing this thread