Football Books / Autobiographies (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody read any good ones? I am reading Keith Gillespies at the minute which is quite good.

bringbackrattles

Picked up a few football books recently from a charity shop and got a real bargain.One is called:Sing When You're Winning by Colin Irwin about the football songs and chants sung by fans all over the country etc.And the story of Keith Houchen called: A Tenner and a Box of Kippers.I'm always on the look out for football and Boxing books and have got a decent collection now.My best ever buy was a few years back when I managed to bag myself a large bundle of old Ring magazines the bible of boxing publications.

Nick

Administrator
Picked up a few football books recently from a charity shop and got a real bargain.One is called:Sing When You're Winning by Colin Irwin about the football songs and chants sung by fans all over the country etc.And the story of Keith Houchen called: A Tenner and a Box of Kippers.I'm always on the look out for football and Boxing books and have got a decent collection now.My best ever buy was a few years back when I managed to bag myself a large bundle of old Ring magazines the bible of boxing publications.

Just found the Houchen one, is that written by the guy who does the SCG or the London supporters club or whichever it is?

I tend to read everything on my phone so only go for the ones I can buy for Kindle :(

bringbackrattles

By Jonathan Strange of the Coventry City London Supporters Club. Looks interesting and looking forward to finding out more about Houchens career.

bringbackrattles

In Houchens book I forwarded to his City days and believe it or not his biggest regret at the Cup Final was him not getting to hold the FA Cup on his own as only four players got the chance.I was there that day and thought all the players posed with the trophy,but obviously not.He gets one of the best ever goals in a final but this still niggles him.

J

Jack Griffin

This one is supposed to be a laff
51aLCpNeQnL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-v3-big,TopRight,0,-55_SX324_SY324_PIkin4,BottomRight,1,22_AA346_SH20_OU02_.jpg

Terry Gibson's perm

Gary Nelson left foot forward and left foot in the grave, Andrea
Pirlo is fairly good

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Best football autobiography I ever read was "Clough - The Autobiography". Absolutely brilliant. No holds barred. Even if you didn't like the bloke, you would love this! If you ever see it in a charity shop or similar, pick it up and buy it! You won't be disappointed!

Users who are viewing this thread