Football and affordability. (1 Viewer)

Ccfcsj

Feel kind of guilty in a way. Next season, for the first time in 25 years, I won't be getting a season ticket. Not because I don't want to, or because of the league we will be in (if we get relegated), but because I can't afford it.

There have been many people on this forum who insult people who don't go to matches. Please can these people realise that not everyone who stays away is a fair weather supporter. Some cannot afford to go and would love to go if their circumstances were different.

Unfortunately it looks like I'll be one of those who's Saturday is no longer taken up by watching my beloved Sky Blues but by listening to them on the radio.

rob9872

Cancel your internet subscription - it will cost about the same. There are always choices. Not criticising, but if you genuinely want something bad enough you can have it.

Ccfcsj

Cancel your internet subscription - it will cost about the same. There are always choices. Not criticising, but if you genuinely want something bad enough you can have it.

Doesn't work like that in real life unfortunately. Internet subscription is paid for by work.

I have a family so they must come first.

rob9872

Get divorced then - will save you a fortune and then you can get a season ticket.

rob9872

If you like I'll come round and sleep with her. I'll film it and we can get her on adultery so you're in the clear. It's a win-win.

rob9872

Have you considered selling a kidney?

torchomatic

It's better to sell someone else's. Chinese students will do anything for an iPhone.

Have you considered selling a kidney?

Disorganised1

What about we sell Rob's kidney after he sleeps with your wife ?

Covstu

I totally understand where you are coming from sj, i have a little 18 mth daughter and my life is turned upside down! Rarely get to go away anymore but cannot complain

CovfanDan

Wouldn't feel guilty mate, you've more than served your time following the City! If anything, you'd feel guilty (well i know i would) if you had a season ticket and that meant you couldn't do stuff with the family, holiday etc.

The Bristol City game was the first game ive been to this season, didnt go many last year either. I make no apologies about that, ive done my bit following us over the years both when i lived in Cov and since I moved down here. Ive got a 3 year old girl and a wife who id rather spend my time and money with, so its mostly Cardiff, Swansea and Bristol City away I try and get to and now and again up the Ricoh if im back

Users who are viewing this thread