florida (1 Viewer)

Sky_Blue_Daz

Hoping to go next summer , group consisting of 10 adults and 4 kids ideally from Birmingham and staying in championsgate

Anyone got advice on booking or websites to much obliged

jphccfc

I'm there now....
Disney tickets discount | Disneyland, Disney World hotels, vacations | Undercover Tourist › . Is good for cheaper Disney tickets... Although not that cheap... Disney is just bloody expensive.... There's loads of resorts, championsgate is pretty big... Smaller ones will potentially be cheaper... I'm staying in one next to it in Davenport..3 days for Disney was enough for our family (4 kids). If you can get direct to a property manager you will get accommodation a lot cheaper.. We went via airbnb. There's a good British bar and restaurant by championsgate in Davenport.. Bring a cov scarf to donate as there isn't one yet... Full of Hull City and Sunderland... Also it's super hot in July, August and September...

SAJ

If your going to fly from Birmingham be prepared for a long day. I don’t think anyone flys direct since Continental pulled out years ago (16 hours is generally the shortest time). You will find it cheaper to fly from Manchester and quicker 9 3/4 hrs.
Can’t recommend anything or anybody as I always book my flights direct and use something like Airbnb to book accommodation.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Cheers fella we went in July 2019, I broke my leg and ankle in the April so was having to use a boot and mobility scooter. But was handy to get on the plane early and get on the rides a bit quicker.

My wifes cousin organised it last time and said she wants someone else to do it this time , Hope you are having a good time

jphccfc

It's been amazing.. Last day tomorrow... Were staying at the Solana resort and it's great. You could get 2 houses in here for about 5-6k GBP for 2 weeks. 4 bed house with pool, Jacuzzi and games room... And a resort community pool with gym, games room, bar & restaurant. All in all is pretty sweet... We might come back in the winter is been that good. Just accept that is gonna cost some $$$..i gave up worrying about the cost of stuff..

SBAndy

Not long landed after a dreadful day of travelling. Absolutely bucketing down, not sure I’ve ever seen rain like it.

Edit: also staying in Davenport as it happens.

olderskyblue

We stayed at Disneys Caribbean Beach resort a few years ago, excellent back then. Transport to all the parks included, and made life so much easier where Family could come and go to the parks as they please, rather than relying on the main driver or 2.

they’ve now started charging to park there, and at other Disney hotels. What a rip off. They’ve stopped the magic bus from the airport too, which was great for those who didn’t want to hire a car.

it’s always been about taking lots of your hard earned from you of course, but it’s getting worse now. Clawing back what they lost during lock down perhaps, but doubt they’ll ever change it back.

wont stop millions going there of Course……

clint van damme

Not long landed after a dreadful day of travelling. Absolutely bucketing down, not sure I’ve ever seen rain like it.

Edit: also staying in Davenport as it happens.

Ah , Davenport, different place to Davenport lakes as I found out the hard way (pre satnav)!

• Haha
Reactions: vow

Tommo1993

Family went a few weeks back and I had to pull out because money got far too tight and we couldn’t afford it. They flew direct from Birmingham with TUI. The park tickets are what upped the price significantly, which is what made it a bridge too far for me and the mrs.

By the sounds of it, the only thing they’d have changed was it being with TUI. And tbf parts of it did sound very poorly organised by them.

clint van damme

Family went a few weeks back and I had to pull out because money got far too tight and we couldn’t afford it. They flew direct from Birmingham with TUI. The park tickets are what upped the price significantly, which is what made it a bridge too far for me and the mrs.

By the sounds of it, the only thing they’d have changed was it being with TUI. And tbf parts of it did sound very poorly organised by them.

Last time I went we shared a villa with the wife's cousin family.
Got a villa off some bloke from Kent, just over 1100 quid for 3 weeks so under 600 quid per family, incredibly cheap.

But yeah, the tickets is what bumps the price up significantly.

Sky_Blue_Daz

The wife’s cousin is coming round later I might fire a few vodkas ( house measures) into her and get her to do it

Sky_Blue_Daz

Been quoted just over 9k for a villa in the encore resort

Tommo1993

We’re going to NYC and Las Vegas (4 nights each) next May. About £4500 for 4 of us. Have to get connecting flights. Direct was costing up to £1000 extra.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Although to be fair I showed the wife’s cousin that quote and she said she’ll have a look

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

how much do some of you spend on a holiday! If I see anything hitting 4 figures I'm thinking that's too much :D

A lot of people (I am not suggesting anyone in particular on this thread) are not very well travelled in my experience. They'll pay any old price. The holiday companies can also be wolves in that respect. That is why it is always good to take some initiative. Shop around, take some slightly more anti-social flights, or just fiddle with dates a bit.

Someone I know recently was doing a stag do and the ended up staying in the UK because 'it was too expensive to go abroad'. I simply never buy that argument and actually managed to price up a trip to Barcelona for literally almost half the cost, but they didn't want to book it because they didn't feel comfortable if it wasn't TUI or the like.

I am looking to go to Thailand & Laos in October and can do it all in for about a grand for best part of 3 weeks. If that was many people they would walk into a travel agent and end up paying 5-10 times that amount. Google Flights tool and Booking.com are the winning combination for me and I would recommend it (I appreciate booking villas is slightly different).

SIR ERNIE

Hoping to go next summer , group consisting of 10 adults and 4 kids ideally from Birmingham and staying in championsgate

Anyone got advice on booking or websites to much obliged

I'm just south of Naples Florida right now. Amazing area if you love boating and fishing.

Best advice spend time on the Gulf Coast, don't restrict yourself to Orlando area, it's pretty crap imo.

Tampa is a good airport destination. BA and now Virgin fly there.

vrbo.com is the best place to look or DM me.

Hertsccfc

A lot of people (I am not suggesting anyone in particular on this thread) are not very well travelled in my experience. They'll pay any old price. The holiday companies can also be wolves in that respect. That is why it is always good to take some initiative. Shop around, take some slightly more anti-social flights, or just fiddle with dates a bit.

Someone I know recently was doing a stag do and the ended up staying in the UK because 'it was too expensive to go abroad'. I simply never buy that argument and actually managed to price up a trip to Barcelona for literally almost half the cost, but they didn't want to book it because they didn't feel comfortable if it wasn't TUI or the like.

I am looking to go to Thailand & Laos in October and can do it all in for about a grand for best part of 3 weeks. If that was many people they would walk into a travel agent and end up paying 5-10 times that amount. Google Flights tool and Booking.com are the winning combination for me and I would recommend it (I appreciate booking villas is slightly different).
I agree with that on the whole. There is also that the options are limited through travel companies especially if you want to go to multiple places and countries. However, just occasionally there are really good deals with travel companies which end up cheaper than doing it yourself.

I think for a lot of people who haven't travelled much, it's a matter of being afraid of what do do if things don't go according to plan. If they book through a travel company they think they will sort it out, but personally don't like paying so much extra for what usually amounts to very little.

LastGarrison

You been to Laos before?

Doubt you’d have time on this trip but the Plain of Jars is still one of the most extraordinary places I’ve ever been.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

You been to Laos before?

Doubt you’d have time on this trip but the Plain of Jars is still one of the most extraordinary places I’ve ever been.

Never mate. I've been to Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, but still have Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar (Burma to tick off). On this trip there is a day ride you can take to Myanmar from Thailand, so think I am going to do it to tick that off too. Partly cheating, I know!

Will check out the Plain of Jars. Cheers!

Mild-Mannered Janitor

Kindest Bloke on CCFC / Maker of CCFC Dreams
TUI direct for majority of the season from Birmingham to Orlando Melbourne airport, you can get deals, 11 month window will be open soon, best time to book the cheapest flights.
re Accomm you do get what you pay for with villas but you are in the parks for long days so I would never over pay for one.
we love the place, been lucky to go a few times, have a look at sites like the dibb and lots of Facebook groups with good advice

Last edited:

LastGarrison

Never mate. I've been to Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Indonesia, but still have Malaysia, Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar (Burma to tick off). On this trip there is a day ride you can take to Myanmar from Thailand, so think I am going to do it to tick that off too. Partly cheating, I know!

Will check out the Plain of Jars. Cheers!
I’m going back over a decade since I went so may have changed massively but it was well off the beaten track and not on the usual ‘trail’ but definitely have a look into it.

We actually had an armed ‘guard’ on our bus out there but didn’t know we had one until half way through the journey when we got back on the bus after stopping off for something to eat and I went to put my bag on the racking and found an AK47 up there and realised the guy who’d been fast asleep on the back seats for the past 5 hours was the ‘guard’.

However, Beer Laos is still the single best beer I have drank in my life.

Burma’s the only one I need to tick off that list. Although, also need the Philippines.

Users who are viewing this thread