Flags in CBSA (1 Viewer)

edgy

So has anyone got any experience of taking a flag into stadiums, the Ricoh/CBSA in particular? Or even better, getting it sited permanently? I'm not going to be a regular up there unfortunately, so would happily pass it onto a season ticket holder to take up there.

1624618158538.png

edgy

I just remember a lot of nonsense around fire safety certificates. Or was that some made up bullshit by Wasps?

Danceswithhorses

I just remember a lot of nonsense around fire safety certificates. Or was that some made up bullshit by Wasps?
That was pre Wasps.
It was the time when SISU were ultra-unpopular with big demonstrations etc, and there were tons of anti-Sisu flags being taken into the ground.
Apparently it turns out Sisu didn't like the many homemade 'Sisu out' flags in the stadium, and it suddenly became a fire hazard to take them in...who'd have thought lol

Last edited:

chiefdave

That was pre Wasps.
It was the time when SISU were ultra-unpopular with big demonstrations etc, and there were tons of anti-Sisu flags being taken into the ground.
Apparently it turns out Sisu didn't like the many homemade 'Sisu out' flags in the stadium, and it suddenly became a fire hazard to take them in...who'd have thought lol
Fire safety certificates are easy to get anyway. All you have to do is get a can of fire resistant spray and spray the flag at a fire station. Then they'll give you a certificate.

Some of the protesters should have done that. Would have loved to see the response if they'd pulled out the relevant certificate when challenged.

PurpleBin

Fire safety certificates are easy to get anyway. All you have to do is get a can of fire resistant spray and spray the flag at a fire station. Then they'll give you a certificate.

Some of the protesters should have done that. Would have loved to see the response if they'd pulled out the relevant certificate when challenged.

What happens if you want to set fire to it in the stadium though?

Skyblueweeman

As an aside, I'm surprised by the amount of people referring to the stadium by it's new name. I thought the Ricoh would've stuck longer to be honest. Maybe I'm a stickler for tradition.

edgy

As an aside, I'm surprised by the amount of people referring to the stadium by it's new name. I thought the Ricoh would've stuck longer to be honest. Maybe I'm a stickler for tradition.

It's not like its a Street Name that locals have affinity too. It's a electronics company, that we receive no money from and have no connection too anymore. We shouldn't give them any further publicity.

Greggs

So has anyone got any experience of taking a flag into stadiums, the Ricoh/CBSA in particular? Or even better, getting it sited permanently? I'm not going to be a regular up there unfortunately, so would happily pass it onto a season ticket holder to take up there.

View attachment 20581
Just whack it up your jumper, job done.

wingy

That was pre Wasps.
Flame retardant leatherette rolled up nice and tight with choice phrases painted on found their way into At Mary's for the relegation game .
Let's see if i can remember , Armageddon, Toxic Sisu,the rest escape me around four or five,up until 1-00 am painting them while swilling a bottle of red.

mark82

View attachment 20581

Mark Hornby & Tynan Scope are the support liaison officers. Would suggest them as first point of contact.

Mark Hornby - [email protected]
Tynan Scope - [email protected]

Skyblueweeman

It's not like its a Street Name that locals have affinity too. It's a electronics company, that we receive no money from and have no connection too anymore. We shouldn't give them any further publicity.

Yeah I get that...maybe I'm just a traditionalist...Still call Boltons stadium the Reebok.

Users who are viewing this thread