Fit and Proper People (1 Viewer)

Another day another drama. I can't be the only person who feels this game which has been part of our heritage has now been completely ruined. Football now feels more like WWE where the on field action is practically an afterthought! I don't care about takeovers, embargos, billionaire owners, hedge funds, franchises, transfer deadlines etc etc etc. I just want to watch eleven players representing the team I support play another 11 players to fight it out for 3 points. The rest of it is a nonsense and a distraction. The FA should hang there heads in shame for allowing all theses "fit and proper people" to take over and ruin our clubs. Even the so called "success" stories are really stories of clubs which have lost there souls. What we have now is not football. Surely enough is enough. The fans should make their voices heard. I'd love to see banners unveiled by fans across all the grounds in the country asking to "Bring Back Football!"

Rant over!

Well with all these embargos and arsehole owners there wont be 11 men on that pitch to watch so i think you should care. And we tried that last season, the banners and protests. Didnt work one bit. Just got fans into trouble

Colonel Mustard

I think the sport is gradually waking up to the valueless cesspool it has become. FFP is probably a step in the right direction to reclaiming some of the game's dignity.

SuttonSkyBlue

"The FA should hang there heads in shame for allowing all theses "fit and proper people" to take over and ruin our clubs."

To an extent, maybe, but clubs being run into the ground is not the fault of the FA. Let's face it, when SISU came on board the (vast) majority of us thought that it would herald the start of a bright future. I bet the Forest fans thought the same back in the summer, Blackburn fans with the Venkys.

If CCFC were literally on the verge of extinction, say 3 months down the line, a takeover was days away, yet the FA pulled the plug at the last minute because of concerns over whether the new consortium were "fit and proper", how would you feel then???

That's not to say I dont broadly agree with you post.

fernandopartridge

"The FA should hang there heads in shame for allowing all theses "fit and proper people" to take over and ruin our clubs."

To an extent, maybe, but clubs being run into the ground is not the fault of the FA. Let's face it, when SISU came on board the (vast) majority of us thought that it would herald the start of a bright future. I bet the Forest fans thought the same back in the summer, Blackburn fans with the Venkys.

If CCFC were literally on the verge of extinction, say 3 months down the line, a takeover was days away, yet the FA pulled the plug at the last minute because of concerns over whether the new consortium were "fit and proper", how would you feel then???

That's not to say I dont broadly agree with you post.

It is the fault of the FA as well as football clubs. Coventry City were part of those who started the rot by voting to create the Premier League.

blueflint

the problem would dissapear very quickly if sky pulled the plug on all the money going to prem clubs.the rich get richer as in life, the clubs that cant compete. us.villa even norwich etc will struggle.they may have the odd good season but will never compete on equal tems with man u .city .chelski etc

Users who are viewing this thread