Fishing (1 Viewer)

Perryccfc

Hi chaps. Anyone in the group an angler? I live near Great Yarmouth and fish in a club fishing matches every other week. We come to Coventry every July for 4 days and fish different venues and looking for a new venue to try.

I also work for Angling Direct so any product enquiries ask away 😁

rob9872

Great Yarmouth - is that anywhere near East Angler?

Perryccfc

Tunnel Barn Farm
Meadowlands
Packington Somers
Lavender Hall Farm
Makins

Love Makins. Fished Tunnel Barn, Packington and Lavender last year. We fish Toft Farm every year which I think is Rugby area if I remember rightly. Fish Barston too. So lucky to have so many lakes close by. Bollocks all round here

Sbarcher

Given up fishing lakes and commercials, just seems too easy. Back to canal fishing now where it’s more of a challenge. In the last fortnight I’ve had a 1.75lb perch and 3.5 lb bream. Not bad for the cut.

shmmeee

Never been fishing. Would kind of like to try it. A sport where you sit and do nothing for hours seems like my kinda speed.

Bugsy

Never been fishing. Would kind of like to try it. A sport where you sit and do nothing for hours seems like my kinda speed.

its harder than it looks dangling your maggit over some water.

D

Deleted member 4439

A sport where you sit and do nothing for hours seems like my kinda speed.

Best part of it. I never used to catch anything, but could sit at the bank with the flask for hours on end. Would still love it, but would no longer want to catch the fish.

Still have all the old kit in the loft.

Sbarcher

its harder than it looks dangling your maggit over some water.
Think you might have a better chance if the maggot was in the water. Not too many flying fish in the UK.

Adge

Coombe is a great Bream water just on the outskirts of Coventry. Very hit and miss though but have had some great days there and some stinkers also. Best pegs though are a hell of a long walk!
For people who are really into it my neighbour is Darren Cox who knows a lot more than me!

skybluetony176

I haven’t fished since I was a kid. We used to go all the time when visiting family in Ireland. Don’t know if anyone is familiar with Fermanagh but you can’t throw a stone without hitting water. Aside from Lough Erne which is the major body of water in Fermanagh there’s a few small loughs, plenty of rivers etc. If you want a fishing holiday with decent water of all types I’d highly recommend Fermanagh.

Blind-Faith

people who post pictures of themselves holding a giant carp they’ve yanked out of a lake, always makes me laugh. Its soooooooo macho 😂

Users who are viewing this thread