**Fisher stunned by new deal** (1 Viewer)

AFCCOVENTRY

The move - the latest twist in a long-running dispute between ACL and Coventry's owners - has stunned City's managing director Tim Fisher, who told Sky Sports News reporter Rob Dorsett he would now consider the offer in its entirety.

RegTheDonk

Can't understand how he's "stunned" by this. After all, seems the only thing that has changed is the amount of money they are asking him to pay - a reduction of about £350K from the original offer of a few months ago.

Bearing in mind this was all about Fisher moaning re. F&B, fair play, having a share in the Ricoh etc (none of which APPEARS to be on the discussion table) - he now wants to "consider" things?

Perhaps Joy has told him to sort things out, stop playing silly buggers with a move that will cost millions, and a ground share that won't make nearly as much money on the gate as they would in Cov, and get it f*king sorted if you still want a job.

Bennets Afro

The rent is now at the level they wanted it at 6 months ago. Coincidence that fisher is gonna consider it now?
Regarding buying into acl. Lets see how the trust and building bridges goes hey...

SkyBlueUkeman

Can't understand how he's "stunned" by this. After all, seems the only thing that has changed is the amount of money they are asking him to pay - a reduction of about £350K from the original offer of a few months ago.

Bearing in mind this was all about Fisher moaning re. F&B, fair play, having a share in the Ricoh etc (none of which APPEARS to be on the discussion table) - he now wants to "consider" things?

Perhaps Joy has told him to sort things out, stop playing silly buggers with a move that will cost millions, and a ground share that won't make nearly as much money on the gate as they would in Cov, and get it f*king sorted if you still want a job.

Exactly. We all no Joy is no fan of the spotlight, so here making a statement today will not have helped Timmy one bit. Sisu probably want this all wrapped up and under the blanket as fast as possible.

I would't be surprised if Tim Fisher is soon the next exec out of the door either.

dadgad

Been saying for a while now that Sisu need a major rethink on strategy AND to facilitate /announce this it'd be easier if Fisher was sacked.
Think they'd immediately go up massively in most people's estimation.
I know he's only a mouthpiece but this is all about perception.

Furthermore, the deal is good if they compare it with the grim reality of Northants.
We will find out very soon just how genuine the "Brandon/another stadium" tall story is.

chiefdave

If they stay at the Ricoh Fisher going would make sense. Even if he is not to blame at all (not that I believe that) then a new face at the table might help things. Might also make sense for the likes of PWKH to be removed from the front line, not saying he's done anything wrong or should get the push but it wouldn't be a bad idea to draw a line under things and get a new team who can hopefully work together rather than spend all their time winding each other up.

jesus-wept

A 10 year deal kills off any new stadium build surely.

CarpyCov84

Joy will sack fisher soon as this deal is done to score brownie points and give the fans what they want - Tim's BLOOD !!!

duffer

A 10 year deal kills off any new stadium build surely.

With this lot I wouldn't be certain about anything. I suppose they could still work out a five-year plan to build a stadium, and then break the lease with ACL for a few hundred thousand and move. If, of course, that made some sort of sense to them.

jesus-wept

I will pay for your first season ticket at our newly built stadium.

skyblueexile

Agree to complete the carrot

buy 50% of ricoh on promotion back to championship

50% on promotion to premiership

then they can rebuild link to fans by getting a team to do it

heads we win tails they win

As I said on another thread, even if (please, no) that SISU remain as owners, will Fisher still be in charge. He's been very quiet up to being stunned so I think he has either done what was asked, or really screwed up big time. Take your pick.

Flying Fokker

Bearing in mind this was all about Fisher moaning re. F&B, fair play, having a share in the Ricoh etc (none of which APPEARS to be on the discussion table) - he now wants to "consider" th

Fisher gets paid by results. This makes me think he is one of the investors anyway. He should be ashamed of himself for being at the helm at this low point.

jesus-wept

lmao if this happens its sisu who have got a good deal(albeit not the best one possible)

yet you somehow claim it as a victory for the council?
Nothing signed yet and it is not about victories for anyone, other than the fans and kicking off at the Ricoh will be a massive victory for them and a massive blow for Fisher and friends. At the moment that is the important battle to win, do you agree ?

Steve1974

Fisher stunned? Yer right. He said that, ACL sign credit agreement then fisher goes "no thank"....

mattylad

As I said on another thread, even if (please, no) that SISU remain as owners, will Fisher still be in charge. He's been very quiet up to being stunned so I think he has either done what was asked, or really screwed up big time. Take your pick.
TF predicted and built his playing budget around crowds of 3000-5000 with several sell outs....with that now pie in the sky no wonder he has been in hiding and JS suddenly wants to talk.

Sky Blue Harry H

TF predicted and built his playing budget around crowds of 3000-5000 with several sell outs....with that now pie in the sky no wonder he has been in hiding and JS suddenly wants to talk.

Hope you are right, mattylad. Even allowing for the fact that SISU seemed happy to take a hit (or at least let CCFC take a hit), maybe there are implications for TF if his estimates are too far out. With some businesses it would be easy to make that case. However, in SISUland, their accounting practices leave me somewhat befuddled (that is, when they can be bothered to publish them):confused:

GaryPendrysEyes

supporters-direct.org/news-article/coventry-city-astonishing-attack-by-joy-seppala

'
Seppala will have to at the very least be subject to the Football League Owners and Directors test, under which she will have earned ‘one strike’ under the provisions that ban directors from presiding over two or more insolvency episodes at a member club'.

Delboycov

Clever move by ACL and surely any last remaining sympathies for these clowns will disappear should they turn it down as it will reveal once and for all what their motives really were in this fiasco.

covcity4life

Nothing signed yet and it is not about victories for anyone, other than the fans and kicking off at the Ricoh will be a massive victory for them and a massive blow for Fisher and friends. At the moment that is the important battle to win, do you agree ?

i have never disagreed

i only have an issue with the dont sign cva and we will investigate sisu and everything will be great in the world.

ricohman

This is all joy's fault, not tim's. When your boss asks you to do something you do it or your out of a job.

Sure he maybe has no consience but thats part and parcel of what hes been asked to do

Tonylinc

Agree to complete the carrot

buy 50% of ricoh on promotion back to championship

50% on promotion to premiership That seems to me to be an excellent solution. In that way Sisu can show that they are really committed to the club and that they have every right to be owners of its stadium. Not that I think for one minute that it will be adopted by them!

then they can rebuild link to fans by getting a team to do it

heads we win tails they win

Users who are viewing this thread