Fisher pays tribute to fans (1 Viewer)

Coventry La La La

25887bc710a5856f4ddf54355a52586e.jpg

Sky Blues chief exec pays homage to fans' influence on recent results Coventry City Chief Executive Tm Fisher has paid a New Year tribute to Sky Blues supporters after an unbeaten December.

Saturday's win at Milton Keynes moved the club to within two points of the play-off places, meant an unbeaten December for Mark Robins men and was watched by 4,988 City fans - the largest away following in any of the English Leagues.

The Sky Blues kick off their 2013 programme with a home game against fellow Midlanders Shrewsbury Town at the Ricoh on New Years Day.

Fisher said recent form - especially the club record run away from home - was a real collective effort.

"Mark has done a superb job in turning round the fortunes of the team on the field. He has brought a mixture of stability, ambition and team ethos to the side, and the momentum the team has developed has been clear for all to see.

"Saturday was a perfect example. Twice we were behind and twice we battled back to take maximum points.

"But the effort is not confined to those on the field. As Mark was quick to point out, the support this season has been nothing short of phenomenal and to take 5,000 fans away from home in League One is quite remarkable. The supporters on Saturday were brilliant.

“The record of just three defeats since the start of October and the form in the cup competitions has lifted everyone connected with the club

"There is no question that the level of support has played a crucial part in the turnaround of the team and it is greatly appreciated by every single member of our staff. Hopefully these last three months have made being a City fan fun once more.

"We will continue the work that has gone on so far this season and all efforts are being made to support Mark and his team in rebuilding the club after torrid last decade – both on and off the field.”
Source: http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/fisher-tribute-to-fans-568475.aspx

Last edited:

wingy

They definately do occupy these forums don't they ,no sooner a query and bang.:thinking about::pimp:

deanocity3

Sky Blues chief exec pays homage to fans' influence on recent results Coventry City Chief Executive Tm Fisher has paid a New Year tribute to Sky Blues supporters after an unbeaten December.

Saturday's win at Milton Keynes moved the club to within two points of the play-off places, meant an unbeaten December for Mark Robins men and was watched by 4,988 City fans - the largest away following in any of the English Leagues.

The Sky Blues kick off their 2013 programme with a home game against fellow Midlanders Shrewsbury Town at the Ricoh on New Years Day.

Fisher said recent form - especially the club record run away from home - was a real collective effort.

"Mark has done a superb job in turning round the fortunes of the team on the field. He has brought a mixture of stability, ambition and team ethos to the side, and the momentum the team has developed has been clear for all to see.

"Saturday was a perfect example. Twice we were behind and twice we battled back to take maximum points.

"But the effort is not confined to those on the field. As Mark was quick to point out, the support this season has been nothing short of phenomenal and to take 5,000 fans away from home in League One is quite remarkable. The supporters on Saturday were brilliant.

“The record of just three defeats since the start of October and the form in the cup competitions has lifted everyone connected with the club

"There is no question that the level of support has played a crucial part in the turnaround of the team and it is greatly appreciated by every single member of our staff. Hopefully these last three months have made being a City fan fun once more.

"We will continue the work that has gone on so far this season and all efforts are being made to support Mark and his team in rebuilding the club after torrid last decade – both on and off the field.”

That pic of Fisher reminds me of a creature from 1970's Dr Who,the creature had no neck

brinner

now go pay the rent and sign Goldie, Bailey and Adams you fat ugly c**t!!

Walking Bird

CCFC Board made up of these fellows.
fisher.jpg

sky_blue_up_north

Now is the time to get the Cheque book out Mr Fisher, back Robins, JTP and Promotion is within our grasp. Let get keys players, like Bailey, Moussa and mostly McGoldrick signed up. Bring in couple of others, then I don't believe anything can stop us.

dongonzalos

So what is his profile name on here, my gut instinct tells me it's Valiant on a massive double bluff.

Last edited:

Godiva

So what is his profile name on here, my gut instinct tells me it's Valiant on a massive double bluff.

No way!
Me and Valiant have been going steady for months now ... I would have known.

Godiva

No way is it him.....Godiva is far more pro Shitsu than Fisher!

That may actually be true - he'll have to answer to them all the time.
Luckily I don't.

Godiva

Banter aside - I think it's nice that Fischer recognise the fantastic support the fans have given.
Some are asking why it isn't coming from sisu themself - well, Joy did send a Cristmas greeting on the official site.
And frankly, I'd rather hear this stuff from the CEO than from the shareholder.

wingy

Banter aside - I think it's nice that Fischer recognise the fantastic support the fans have given.
Some are asking why it isn't coming from sisu themself - well, Joy did send a Cristmas greeting on the official site.
And frankly, I'd rather hear this stuff from the CEO than from the shareholder.

some were asking this morning why it had'nt come from him or Waggot and lo-behold it appears.:thinking about:

valiant15

Come on godiva,crack a bottle of that expensive plonk open,I've been waiting ages for you to get off the phone to sisu hq.............

Astute

Of course they keep an eye on the fans thoughts.

Can you start paying a bit of rent please? It would make us all a lot happier.

Grendel

Of course they keep an eye on the fans thoughts.

Can you start paying a bit of rent please? It would make us all a lot happier.

Actually not all of us are that bothered about the rent providing it doesn't ultimately adversely hinder the team.

Astute

Actually not all of us are that bothered about the rent providing it doesn't ultimately adversely hinder the team.

Making sure you have somewhere to play don't hinder us either.

BurbageSkyBlues

I think there was a poll on here that suggested otherwise, Grendel......the majority of fans would like the current offer to have been accepted.

I may be wrong, someone will no doubt post the link....

Tonylinc

Typical; another administrator tying to get some reflected glory through the efforts and professionalism of others.

Godiva

Come on godiva,crack a bottle of that expensive plonk open,I've been waiting ages for you to get off the phone to sisu hq.............

Be with you in a sec, dear. Joy was asking what dress to wear New Year's eve. I said it didn't matter as long as she put on the 1987 FA cup scarf I gave her for Christmas.

Grendel

I think there was a poll on here that suggested otherwise, Grendel......the majority of fans would like the current offer to have been accepted.

I don't think 9,000 would have posted and if the poll is the one Don did it was rigged in terns if its question

If at the end of it the club ultimately get a rent that works going forward and allows full revenue opportunities then any tactic is worth deploying.

I am aghast anyone thinks differently.

Godiva

That was the £400k offer ... which was actually more like £800k.
I take it you voted the club should pay £400k/yr ... not £800k.

wingy

I don't think 9,000 would have posted and if the poll is the one Don did it was rigged in terns if its question

If at the end of it the club ultimately get a rent that works going forward and allows full revenue opportunities then any tactic is worth deploying.

I am aghast anyone thinks differently.

But then we generally do with you KD,sometimes you're right and others ,well ,you're wrong.

dongonzalos

That was the £400k offer ... which was actually more like £800k.
I take it you voted the club should pay £400k/yr ... not £800k.

Was the actual rent itself 800k a year Tim?
Thank you for be-latently thanking the fans.

It was a very nice thing to do and left me with a warm feeling inside.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread