First Game of the 2016/17 Season Not at Home? (1 Viewer)

Hitman72

The Ricoh Arena will host the finals of the Singha Premiership Rugby 7s on Saturday August 6.

Does this mean that our first league game will be away and not at the Ricoh?

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
or if at home it will be played Sunday, or even Friday evening

chiefdave

So we can't play a pre season friendly as the pitch won't take the extra use but there's no problem with this :jerkit:

chiefdave

At some point aren't we going to get in trouble for this? FL regulations state we must have primacy. Now I know they don't stick to the rules that often but if other teams start complaining about games being moved for rugby what will happen?

Brylowes

So we can't play a pre season friendly as the pitch won't take the extra use but there's no problem with this :jerkit:
This will bring them revenue and publicity, our friendly wouldn't (not much anyway)
+ they own it dont they.

chiefdave

This will bring them revenue and publicity, our friendly wouldn't (not much anyway)
+ they own it dont they.

That's not the point though is it as those aren't the reasons they gave for not letting us have the match against Fulham. The reason they gave was the pitch not being able to cope.

Gazolba

50% of all the teams will play their first game away!

stupot07

I'll be really pissed off if we haven't got the first or last game of the season at home. IIRC every season we have been in league one we have started and ended away from home.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skyblue1991

I'll be really pissed off if we haven't got the first or last game of the season at home. IIRC every season we have been in league one we have started and ended away from home.

Home to Wigan this season?

Bristol City at Sixfields if you class that as a 'home' game?

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

jas365

Each to their own, but personally i much prefer an away day first and last games of the season.

SkyBlue_Bear83

At some point aren't we going to get in trouble for this? FL regulations state we must have primacy. Now I know they don't stick to the rules that often but if other teams start complaining about games being moved for rugby what will happen?
I'm guessing Wasps have been a bit sneaky with this one, since our fixtures haven't been scheduled yet they can get there match in first without being in breach of this rule.

chiefdave

I'm guessing Wasps have been a bit sneaky with this one, since our fixtures haven't been scheduled yet they can get there match in first without being in breach of this rule.

Doesn't work like that. If the football league say we are at home on August 6th then according the their regulations we have to be able to stage the game.

I imagine they make exceptions for one offs but this has happened a few times this season and now the first game of next season. Concerned there will come a point where they won't let it slide. Most likely if opposing teams object to their games being moved.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

I thought clubs can inform FA/FL about dates they can't host games stadium being used, event in the local area etc.

So can't see an issue with this being away much like November 5th we will be away as the Rugby League is on at the Ricoh.

Sick Boy

Why aren't you burying your head in the sand? I wonder how many other clubs aren't allowed to play pre season friendlies at home?

Users who are viewing this thread