First 13 league games comparison with last season (1 Viewer)

stupot07

There's near perfect symmetry.

2012/13 league one

Pld 13 w2 d5 L6 F13 A20 GD -7 pts11 position 21st

2011/12 championship

Pld 13 w2 d5 L6 F10 A16 GD -6 pts11 position 21st

Evans1883

Regardless of what anybody says..this is a lot to do with Andy thorn..I'm positive if robins had been in charge per season and bought in his own players we would be top 8 atm

WillieStanley

Rome wasn't built in a day.

The difference is, AT would have been praising the first half performance and ignoring the rest.

Robins will be acknowledging the first half perfomance and working on the rest.

pusbccfc

As if we've only scored 16... Piss poor

Lord_Nampil

be worrying if we get to boxing day and we only get another 2 points! Lets see where we are by Preston !!! Our start is worrying yes but the board made a mistake giving Thorn the start of the season, and delaying the appointment of Robins by 3 games think Fisher said Stevenage and Robins came in 3 games later! we have 10 games between now and Preston lest see how we do in these 10 games! Remember Thorn got 2 points in that period!!! Donny and Cardiff!

Tonylinc

the board made a mistake giving Thorn the start of the season, That may well be true BUT how many people on here would have said that he should have been given some time to see if he could have turned things around????

Skyblueweeman

the board made a mistake giving Thorn the start of the season, That may well be true BUT how many people on here would have said that he should have been given some time to see if he could have turned things around????

Honestly? Me. Would I have been wrong...absolutely.

Happy to hold my hands up and admit that me wanting him to stay on longer would've been a massive mistake. I felt that he had brought in a number of new players and should be given the time (10 games was fair in my eyes) to see what he could do with these players.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but yeah, I would've asked for more time for AT. My bad....:whistle:

WM

Tonylinc

I have to say that whilst I was never a fan of AT, the board did the correct thing to allow him some time into the new season to see if he was capable of turning it around. In my opinion he was never going to do that but lets forget all that.....we have moved on and I for one am excited by the appointment of MR. I am sure that he will get things right although it will take some time.

Tonylinc

Honestly? Me. Would I have been wrong...absolutely.

Happy to hold my hands up and admit that me wanting him to stay on longer would've been a massive mistake. I felt that he had brought in a number of new players and should be given the time (10 games was fair in my eyes) to see what he could do with these players.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but yeah, I would've asked for more time for AT. My bad....:whistle:

WM
Well said mate. I think that there would be many others having the same feelings if truth be known.

Black6Osprey

Its not great is it but we will improve enough to break the symmetry and not finish like last season I am sure. However, those thinking that Robins will turn this around to mount a challenge for next season are dreaming. You're asking a lot to expect him or anyone to build a winning side on free transfers and short term loans.

Tonylinc

Its not great is it but we will improve enough to break the symmetry and not finish like last season I am sure. However, those thinking that Robins will turn this around to mount a challenge for next season are dreaming. You're asking a lot to expect him or anyone to build a winning side on free transfers and short term loans.
Your wrong B60s......I don't expect much from this season but am very confident that MR will have us in a position to challange come next season.

Black6Osprey

I hope I'm wrong to but you can't make poor players good and when you're reliant on loans and frees its hard to get the players you really want and have to make do and mend.

You can see the quality of player out there as they are in our squad now. Don't expect next seasons frees and loans to suddenly be world beaters or even league one beaters.

Astute

I hope I'm wrong to but you can't make poor players good and when you're reliant on loans and frees its hard to get the players you really want and have to make do and mend.

You can see the quality of player out there as they are in our squad now. Don't expect next seasons frees and loans to suddenly be world beaters or even league one beaters.

So which clubs in this division get to buy the players they need? Nearly every club depends on free signings and loans. As soon as they find a good player he is sold to help cover losses.

stupot07

You say that but how many players did the top 6 pay an actual fee for? The embargo caused us to miss out on a lot of players and The ones Thorn did sign were the wrong types of players for the league.

Black6Osprey

So which clubs in this division get to buy the players they need? Nearly every club depends on free signings and loans. As soon as they find a good player he is sold to help cover losses.

Of course most transfers are frees at this level but I'm saying to make the difference you need to also buy a few key players.

For example the teams to have paid for the most players this season are Crawley, Stevenage and Sheff Utd who have all forked out for 3 players each.

Lets check the table to see where they are?

stupot07

Top scorers

jake Cassidy (tranmere) 8 goals on loan from wolves
Izale McLeod ( Portsmouth) 8 goals free transfer
Akpa-Akpro (Tranmere) 7 goals free transfer
Andy Robinson (tranmere) 7 goals free transfer
George Bowerman ( Walsall) 6 goals academy
Leon Clarke (Scunthorpe) 6 goals on loan from charlton
Clayton Donaldson (Brentford) 6 goals free transfer

And of the 8 players on 5 goals only 2 cost money.

wingy

Top scorers

jake Cassidy (tranmere) 8 goals on loan from wolves
Izale McLeod ( Portsmouth) 8 goals free transfer
Akpa-Akpro (Tranmere) 7 goals free transfer
Andy Robinson (tranmere) 7 goals free transfer
George Bowerman ( Walsall) 6 goals academy
Leon Clarke (Scunthorpe) 6 goals on loan from charlton
Clayton Donaldson (Brentford) 6 goals free transfer

And of the 8 players on 5 goals only 2 cost money.

Three of those with Tranmere ,what a wily old fox Ronnie Moore is,you have to have 3 strikers capable of 20 each to get out of this league or the next one up.

CovisGod

Thanks Tony. Many, but not all. One poster sent me a private message that simply said 'What a prick'. Charming!

Name and shame, I agree with you, I thought Thorn needed time to bed in the players he'd brought in, they should have got rid of him tail end of last season if they were only gonna give him a couple of games this season, anybody want to call me a prick aswell ? Morons

Astute

Of course most transfers are frees at this level but I'm saying to make the difference you need to also buy a few key players.

For example the teams to have paid for the most players this season are Crawley, Stevenage and Sheff Utd who have all forked out for 3 players each.

Lets check the table to see where they are?

Are they 1st 2nd and 3rd?

Of course having money to spend helps, but it don't bring success alone.

coundonskyblue

2012/13 league one

Pld 14 w2 d5 L7 F14 A22 GD -8 pts11 position 21st

2011/12 championship

Pld 14 w2 d6 L6 F11 A17 GD -6 pts12 position 22nd

Actually worse on points now!

Users who are viewing this thread