Fighting for the English title in Coventry! (Meet & Greet) (1 Viewer)

rwilsonbent

Alright everyone!

River here again 👊🏾 Now 10-0 after September (5 ko's)

As I said back in September, I had been sanctioned for the English Title. Now the time is here! On Saturday 13th November, I will be looking to bring the English title to Coventry for the first time in the City's history, and this is just the beginning. It would be great to see you all there!

I am deep in my training camp right now but I am going do a meet & greet and will be at the game vs Bristol City on Sat 6th November ahead of the fight if you want to get a photo/meet/have a chat with me about the upcoming fight!

If anyone wants to support me during the international break it would be amazing to see the sky blue army out in full force & get behind me!

Tickets for fight (my fans going in block 2 & 3):

Ring walk out from last fight in September:

WhatsApp Image 2021-10-16 at 13.55.39.jpeg

rob9872

Good luck River, hope you smash it mate 👊

Tickets a bit pricey, not your fault seems to be the norm with boxing these days but I'd rather they halved that and doubled the attendance. The more that attend the more your fan base builds and the more that want to go again. Sounds simple and I'm sure promoters know what they're doing but I'd certainly go far more often if it was sensibly priced.

At least it's during international break though so no city games missed.

JAM See

Good luck River, hope you smash it mate 👊

Tickets a bit pricey, not your fault seems to be the norm with boxing these days but I'd rather they halved that and doubled the attendance. The more that attend the more your fan base builds and the more that want to go again. Sounds simple and I'm sure promoters know what they're doing but I'd certainly go far more often if it was sensibly priced.

At least it's during international break though so no city games missed.
I'm lucky enough to be able to pay forty five quid for an evening of entertainment (about the same as a middling gig these days).

If you like boxing generally, then this isn't bad value.

To see a Cov kid potentially become English champion is the icing on the cake.

Haven't been to see live boxing in Coventry since Pithie.

I'm booked up and looking forward to it.

rob9872

I'm lucky enough to be able to pay forty five quid for an evening of entertainment (about the same as a middling gig these days).

If you like boxing generally, then this isn't bad value.

To see a Cov kid potentially become English champion is the icing on the cake.

Haven't been to see live boxing in Coventry since Pithie.

I'm booked up and looking forward to it.
See what you're saying, but RWB is the only one I'd be going to see really and it could be over in seconds. It might not be of course, but unlikely to have heard of anyone else lower on the bill. When you go to a gig (which I also only rarely do) you usually know what you're getting. For many it might be a choice between this or watching the City and cab get a couple of city games for the same price.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Alright everyone!

As I said back in September, I had been sanctioned for the English Title. Now the time is here! On Saturday 13th November, I will be looking to bring the English title to Coventry for the first time in the City's history, and this is just the beginning. It would be great to see you all there!

I am deep in my training camp right now but I am going do a meet & greet and will be at the game vs Bristol City on Sat 6th November ahead of the fight if you want to get a photo/meet/have a chat with me about the upcoming fight!

If anyone wants to support me during the international break it would be amazing to see the sky blue army out in full force & get behind me!

View attachment 22304

This brings back memories to an old fart like me. I remember the great Danny McAlinden defeating Jack Bodell for the British & Commonwealth Championship, back in 1972. Although born in Newry, Northern Ireland, he lived in Coventry since a child and looked upon the city as his home town. “I said to them that I might not have been born in Coventry but I couldn’t have thought of a better place to bring it back to,” he said at the time. He also fought and won against Rahmaan Ali, brother of Muhammed Ali.
Danny sadly passed away earlier this year aged 73. Bloody cancer. RIP Coventry Legend. 🥀

SBT

Wonder which poster on here is going to accidentally offer to fight you at the CBS after an argument over Brexit or something

fatso

Alright everyone!

View attachment 22304

Very best of luck to you mate, go make us proud 💪👍

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Wonder which poster on here is going to accidentally offer to fight you at the CBS after an argument over Brexit or something
Hold me beer. I'll be back in a sec! 😂

Hod dog

Good Luck River, I was at the last fight and will be there again, would be nice to get more fans up there and get a decent atmosphere as was a little disappointing the low number of tickets sold last time.

SlowerThanPlatt

Alright everyone!

View attachment 22304

Have you contacted the club to see whether they’d advertise it for you? Maybe cheaper tickets for CCFC season ticket holders?

rwilsonbent

Good Luck River, I was at the last fight and will be there again, would be nice to get more fans up there and get a decent atmosphere as was a little disappointing the low number of tickets sold last time.

Thanks for support last fight! I did 450 tickets myself last fight, but unfortunately other boxers on the stable struggled so it was mainly my fans unfortunately. Hope we can get more there this time!

rwilsonbent

Have you contacted the club to see whether they’d advertise it for you? Maybe cheaper tickets for CCFC season ticket holders?

I am trying to contact to see if I can get on the pitch or something like this, unfortunately Hennessy set the ticket prices so can't do anything like that discount wise :(

Users who are viewing this thread