FIFA Presidency... (1 Viewer)

bishbosh

So Blatter has made his first political move at UEFA congress saying he'll step down after one more four year stint as president - posturing to 'hand over' the reigns to Platini.

He certainly is not silly, don't think Bin Hammam is going to fair very well at all come the FIFA presidential elections.

baggers

I can't wait for the day that Blatter stands down, I think there should be street parties held all around England to celebrate the glorious occassion!
... however, I do fear that his replacement will be just as corrupt and illogical though.

AngryAnt

Still think we should have stuck two fingers up to them and left it for a few years.
Might have done more harm than good, but least it would have made us feel better!

Blatter is a pillock of the highest order. Anyone who says in a serious context that women's football would gain more viewers if they wore tighter tops, really shouldn't be in any position with power.

SkyBlueScottie

Problem is both Platini (Michel, not Clive) and Bin Hammam were both close ally's of Blatter so it would suggest they are of a similar ilk. Bin Hammam will be looked upon with suspicion as he will look to break Europes stronghold over the game, will this make any difference to us as seemingly nobody likes us anyway...

Platini in power, may push through more measures to try and stop super rich clubs and owners from gaining more power, again this may the overall strength of uk football, by spreading wealth and ensuring we have to produce high quality homegrown players.

However neither will probably happen and Fifa will continue to maudle along enjoying the life of a high roller....

stupot07

They're all a bunch of crooks that govern the world wide game without being elected by the people who matter - the fans,professional footballers and managers.

There is no independent body to scrutinise them or to hold them to account. It's all down to the 15-20 people you have to schmooze with, make promises to and do deals with.

Blatter and plattini are completely insane......Did you know that football was actually invented in china??

Nick

Administrator
I would love it for them to be elected by a panel from each country of managers, players and refs at random so they get the views of each person and then choose from them.

It does seem a bit fishy how the World Cup is in Qatar, where that Bin Lama or whatever his name is, is from!

RedSalmon

There is a book called 'How They Stole The Game' by David Yallop. It shows FIFA to be corrupt from top to bottom and is an excellent read. The previous FIFA president Joao Havalange tried to ban it as it was being published. Problem is we all know what a shower of shit they are, but until a few countries get together and set up their own governing body and consequently breakaway from FIFA we are all stuck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread