Fickle Sky Blue supporters (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

I keep hearing how great our away support is and although we get a good following on the road I feel until we start getting a decent crowd at every home match,and I mean in the twenties,we can't seriously say we are a well supported club.The Gillingham game was great but followed by a poor Yeovil attendance so how on earth can we survive at the Ricoh on 11,000 crowds ? Come on now you either are a Coventry supporter or not !

italiahorse

It's all about the product for most fans.
At this level the product is poor but lots of fans can still get carried away even with success at this level.
We are not successful so it's just die hard fans at the moment.

Anyone watch the Leicester match yesterday? Thats what fans can do instead if they want a football fix.

Limey

Pompey had 16k v Wycombe last weekend. League 2, pretty shabby football for the most part. The difference? They are supporter owned. People will buy into it if they genuinely feel part of something that's going in the right direction.

SISU can go part of the way now by buying the Ricoh. There's still instability hanging in the air which doesn't help. That said I still think we should be getting 15k.

bringbackrattles

30,000 Leicester fans so it can be done. I'm just getting pissed off talking to City fans who can afford to go to away games,but not to the Ricoh. I love away days too but we NEED to start filling our home ground !

skyblue1991

Pompey had 16k v Wycombe last weekend. League 2, pretty shabby football for the most part. The difference? They are supporter owned. People will buy into it if they genuinely feel part of something that's going in the right direction.

SISU can go part of the way now by buying the Ricoh. There's still instability hanging in the air which doesn't help. That said I still think we should be getting 15k.

We should be getting 15k every home game even if that's down to the novelty of returning!

Face it: the people of Coventry don't care. Only 4% of the population went against Yeovil; and I'm willing to wager quite a bit that a lot of them don't even live in Coventry.

italiahorse

30,000 Leicester fans so it can be done. I'm just getting pissed off talking to City fans who can afford to go to away games,but not to the Ricoh. I love away days too but we NEED to start filling our home ground !

It's chicken and egg.

Get a good team playing well and they will come.
Only trouble is we can't afford the team until they start coming.

W

westcountry_skyblue

Yes i went to the Yeovil game and live in Somerset,So it can be done.
C'mon you locals !!!

Nick

Administrator
At this level the product is poor but lots of fans can still get carried away even with success at this level.

Anyone watch the Leicester match yesterday? Thats what fans can do instead if they want a football fix.

It is one thing watching a game and another supporting a team playing.

Nick

Administrator
When I was a kid, if I wanted to watch football I went to a game.
Kids today just put iPlayer on their playstation.

It is still different though, even on TV. I could watch Brazil vs Italy but wouldn't be the same as City, not the passion there if we score or let one in.

bringbackrattles

When I was a kid, if I wanted to watch football I went to a game.
Kids today just put iPlayer on their playstation.
I agree totally I played football Saturday morning and went off to a match in the afternoon.Kids need rattles bringing back they'll like that and standing up too !

I hate it when consumers of football complain about the quality of the product.

To fans like myself it's not a product.

To supporters like you lot it's a product you will pick up and put down with ease.

This is why the club can never rely on it's "fan" base.

italiahorse

To supporters like you lot it's a product you will pick up and put down with ease.

Picked it up in 1967 and yet to put it down.
I'm saying how it is unfortunately.
There is a nucleus of about 7000 die hard fans, the rest of the fans need to be enticed.

Otis

Well, to be fair, if I was looking for a product I most certainly wouldn't be choosing Coventry City FC.

letsallsingtogether

30,000 insester Fans?

Not when they were in league one???
As for going to away games they the same fans that go to all the home games as well.

I have been to all the games at the Ricoh and to 2 away games so far same people there all the time.

So where are the other 9000 that go to the Ricoh why don't they go to away matches????

Last edited:

ccfc92

I walked into a Cov pub before the Gillingham game with my Cov top on, about 5 guys at the bar, and one said "oh yeah, Cov are playing today".

This says it all about the lack of interest from the Cov citizens towards CCFC.

You feel like people are looking down on you in town, when your wearing a city top :(

letsallsingtogether

I walked into a Cov pub before the Gillingham game with my Cov top on, about 5 guys at the bar, and one said "oh yeah, Cov are playing today".

You feel like people are looking down on you in town, when your wearing a city top :(

But were they Cov Fans?
My mates in Leicester used to say the same but they weren't Cov fans?

stupot07

30,000 insester Fans?

Not when they were in league one???[

As for going to away games they the same fans that go to all the home games as well.

I have been to all the games at the Ricoh and to 2 away games so far same people there all the time.

So where are the other 9000 that go to the Ricoh why don't they go to away matches????

QUOTE=bringbackrattles;779274]30,000 Leicester fans so it can be done. I'm just getting pissed off talking to City fans who can afford to go to away games,but not to the Ricoh. I love away days too but we NEED to start filling our home ground !
[/QUOTE]

No they didn't have 30k in league one, but they did have 20k.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

italiahorse

They are sleeping fans.
Push for the top of the league and they will all be wearing city tops.

Frustrating but thats life, people should not be bought to task on this.

letsallsingtogether

Exactly But are Only Cov fans are like this what utter bullshit some write on here......

We are where we are if people don't like it go support Man united with their mates.

They are sleeping fans.
Push for the top of the league and they will all be wearing city tops.

Frustrating but thats life, people should not be bought to task on this.

ccfc92

But were they Cov Fans?
My mates in Leicester used to say the same but they weren't Cov fans?

I didn't ask, but it was in Cov centre. Maybe they were a bit simple, but I'm sure 99% of Coventry people knew they were returning back to the Ricoh that day. I know what your saying tho.

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)[/QUOTE]

Correct but how long were they in the third division and did they play 35 miles away from their city for one season?

letsallsingtogether

So where have the other 10,000 come from now???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Correct but how long were they in the third division and did they play 35 miles away from their city for one season?[/QUOTE]

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

so where have the other 10,000 come from now???

From exactly the same sort of place that an extra 20000 coventry fans would come from.as a matter of interest what would man united get with their team in the third division for 3 or 4 years and one of those seasons playing in wigan with their owners treating them like shit?

Correct but how long were they in the third division and did they play 35 miles away from their city for one season?
[/quote]

duffer

Show me another club that have been what we've been through for the last thirty years and then maybe you can complain that we've got uniquely fickle fans.

Why is there so much whining about this, if you enjoy going, then go. If you don't want to go, then don't go. When we get some success, it's likely enough the 'occasional' and lapsed fans will come back.

Some people have a life outside of football, and will need a bit of persuading to pick up where they left off. Constantly chipping away at them isn't likely to help, but maybe it makes some people feel better.

rondog1973

Said it before, and I'll say it again....The stat of not having a top 6 finish in any division for over 40 years is highly significant.

The stimulus of a promotion/play off challenge will see us easily breaking 20k plus even in league 1 I'd wager.

It shouldn't be disregarded either, that just because we are back at the Ricoh, everyone has abandoned NOPM....

stupot07

Remind me again what our average was before moving 35 miles away for one season whilst we were in our first season in the third tier? So that that excuse out the way....

(Awaits "Yeah but we haven't had a top 6 in 150+ years, yadda, yadda, yadda")

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

Remind me again what our average was before moving 35 miles away for one season whilst we were in our first season in the third tier? So that that excuse out the way....

(Awaits "Yeah but we haven't had a top 6 in 150+ years, yadda, yadda, yadda")

You can await what you like you're not going to get it from me,fom my point of view L have always attended others got pissed off by what they saw was becoming a joke of a club perhaps I'm I am used to getting shit on perhaps others are'nt.

Users who are viewing this thread