Fed up with this mess we call ccfc (1 Viewer)

flashgary

Please tell me im not alone. The thought of another season like this or any of the previous ten or so fills me with dred. I have had a season ticket now for over 25years and been supporting them for a lot longer. Relegation doesnt bother me its the thought that there is no hope left in the club. I am seriously thinking of not renewing for next season and spending my time shopping with the mrs or gardening instead.

Disorganised1

I know hwo you feel - the lad has lost interest - he's 12 and even the 27 year old is getting fed up with them - though she still fancies Gary McSheffrey.
I've already given up the season ticket, but that's because I work shifts and miss too many matches.

Otis

I am losing interest too ..... and I have been going up since the 1960's. :facepalm: Unfortunately I was too young for the Sky Blue revolution so only recall the struggles in what was the 1st Division back then and pretty much after Jimmy Hill had gone.

On the whole I have endured a rough ride with the City my entire life. Does really get me down and unless we are going to take League One by storm I think next season is going to be really painful too.

Covfather

Put it this way if we get relegated and don't have new owners I won't be renewing I've been going to watch them since 85 but have fell out of love with the whole matchday experience its depressing and I cant see it being any better next season.

jas365

Had my first season ticket in the late 1970's (i'm now 39) and had an away ST since they were introduced in 2000, and if we are in League One with SISU next season i'm not renewing - I cannot bring myself to give them any more of my money.

I would still do the all the away games, but I fear the Ricoh will be a lonely, lonely place next season as I would certainly not be the only one not to renew.

OyJimmy

Had my first season ticket in the late 1970's (i'm now 39) and had an away ST since they were introduced in 2000, and if we are in League One with SISU next season i'm not renewing - I cannot bring myself to give them any more of my money.

I would still do the all the away games, but I fear the Ricoh will be a lonely, lonely place next season as I would certainly not be the only one not to renew.

If the takeover happens I'll renew. If not I won't.

StevieM

I must agree with Otis and Covfather, the whole saturday "looking forward to the match" has gone for me too and I feel that I am only going to games because I have already paid up front for my season ticket.
I think that the move away from the old place (beers down Gosford St and walking to the ground) combined with the fact that we have been absolutley crap at the Ricoh (having to drive to games, shite atmosphere in a half empty stadium) has done it for me.
I still read the Telegraph "back to front" ( God knows why-they never have anything remotely of any interest or worth to say) and viewing this forum in the vague hope that someone has some good news for once, is about as much as I can muster
I have told my match day mates that I won't be renewing whilst SISU are in charge what ever division we are in, because if we do (by some miracle) stay up this season then it will only be more of the same next season and I really don't think that my soul can take much more of a bashing.

torchomatic

Well, I'm either stupid or loyal. But I'll be renewing.

diggerdaley

I wonder what lies & bulls**t the club will come up with in the summer when they can't sell season tickets,surely fans won't be fooled again.

ICHAN

Bet they will digger, unfortunatly the lies get spouted every year and people buy them.
Now I do not condone or judge the people who do as I can understand fully why they do, but what I do not get is that when the promises are broken (which always happens) some moan that they were lied to and they say they will never do it again, only to re-new the year after.
Never had one myself we always used to just pay on match day, suppose because we never really had that much money at the time to buy one outright.

ashbyjan

Main difference is last summer we had some players we wanted the club to keep, this summer they can all sod off for all I care.

And I will be getting a season ticket - its that or DIY or shopping with the girlfriend - even 1st Div footy is better than that

Otis

Main difference is last summer we had some players we wanted the club to keep, this summer they can all sod off for all I care.

And I will be getting a season ticket - its that or DIY or shopping with the girlfriend - even 1st Div footy is better than that

Well this Summer we will probably be relegated and I can't say that I would particularly want any of them at the club, other than the kids and Keogh.

dongonzalos

We will have new Owners SISU are selling anything that has capital value for a reason they are either going to hand the club over or put it into administration. Unfortunately the poor new owner are going to inherit one hell of a mess. I just hope they have Cov's interests at heart

Otis

Don't mention interest.

We still don't know how much it is they'll have to pay yet per year.

jabharty

Well, to be honest, I have just started to get that saturday excitement back before a home game. We are starting to improve, but it's the end of game that I dread. But, I have to agree with some, I will only renew if we get taken over.

georgehudson

what % will renew if sisu are still here ? 20% tops, i guess
what % would renew with new owners ? 80% ish, i reckon
the pareto principle will have been proven, thus

rob9872

what % will renew if sisu are still here ? 20% tops, i guess
what % would renew with new owners ? 80% ish, i reckon
the pareto principle will have been proven, thus

I disagree. I think when it comes to it, numbers will obviously be lower but I think about 70% will re-new if we go down adn 80% if we stay up and with new owners maybe 90% in L1 and possibly more than 100% if we manage to avoid the drop.

Sisu_Cockroaches

I had a season ticket for 18 years an did about a third of the away games. This season i have not been to one game, it was weird at first but there is nothing to miss with the club in the state its in.

Users who are viewing this thread