FEBRUARY - Points Haul ??? (1 Viewer)

There are 5 games and 15 points up for grabs during February out of a possible 54 remaining.

I would like to be more ambitious in my prediction but after yet again snatching defeat from the jaws of victory one needs to factor in this inherent weakness of conceding late goals - so here goes:

Ipswich H: W 2-1
Reading A: L 0-1
Leeds U H: D 1-1
Notts F A: D1-1
Barnsley H: W 3-1

That's 8 points for Feb

Bearing in mind we need approx 51 points to survive which equates to 1.11 points per game Feb's haul is approx 2 points to the good - a tad ambitious perhaps ???

PUSB

rob9872

1.11 is over a 46 game season. He was doing an average per game of a team finishing on those points not just for what we need now. Also you are wrong as it would be 42 :)

KersleyDigs

The Ipswich and Forest games are MASSIVE. Can somebody else manage the team for the last 15 minutes of these games perhaps?

Back to school 1.11 points per game only gives us 41

1.61 is the answer

Yes COB you are right for the remaining 18 games we need 29 points = 1.61 pts per game.

Therefore my 8 point forecast for Feb is just about on target (if maintained) to achieve the magical 51 points at end of season.

But to achieve 29 points from now on in would mean W8 D5 L5 of the remaining 18 games - which is virtually play off form.

It's going away from us isn't it ???

PUSB

Last edited:

rob9872

It is definitely going away from us with each passing game, although I think 51 is an over-estimation. I think a solid goal difference and 47 will just about see us ok and if Pompey get a deduction, then maybe even a point or two less.

47 means 25 from 18 which although unlikely based on 22 from 28 so far is a massive up-turn in form, but I think your Feb predictions are about right and may give us a platform or springboard to achieve.

8 in Feb would leave us requiring 17 from 13. So win 4 draw 5 lose 4. If we can gain some momentum over the next few weeks we can still do it. Close for sure and AT's assessment of 17th is more than optimistic and bordering on lunacy but why not as they say "reach for the stars". However 21st on goal difference is not beyond the realms of expectation.

Users who are viewing this thread