FC Real Oviedo S.A.D (1 Viewer)

charlievictor

Slightly off topic but considering our own position I'm sure there's a few that can sympathise, from one football fan to another!

"To many football fans, even those in Spain, the name Real Oviedo is not the best known name around. However, since they were founded in 1926, this small club has frequently punched above it’s weight. In the 1930′s they were one of the top sides in the country – until the Spanish Civil War struck. Between 1988 and 2001, they were a mainstay in La Liga.

Sadly, since then Los Azules have been the victims of local politics and the avarice of their owners. Between 2001 and today, all the news about Oviedo has been financial mismanagement, unpaid players, and an indifferent local government. They are currently in the third tier of Spanish football and recently looked in real danger of going out of business.

The club has in the past counted players like: Santi Cazorla of Arsenal, Juan Manuel Mata of Chelsea, Michu of Swansea and two of my favourite players from the 80′s: Robert Prosineki of Croatia and Marius Lacatus of Romania were also Oviedo men back in the day.

In a final attempt to save the club, they have started a fan-driven share issue. Anyone in the world can buy a share in the club. A single share is just under $15. You are unlikely to ever make any great amount of money from it, or even to see a return of any sort. But you can save a venerable old club from going out of existence, and you can own a piece of a football club. I’m not sure this would entitle you to pop into the dressing room at half time and tell the coach what to do, but it’s a great way of fostering a sense of belonging.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/soccer/2012/11/05/help-save-real-oviedo/#7uLFmVfm06mHZbSR.99 "

charlievictor

'Sadly, since then Los Azules have been the victims of local politics and the avarice of their owners. Between 2001 and today, all the news about Oviedo has been financial mismanagement, unpaid players, and an indifferent local government. They are currently in the third tier of Spanish football and recently looked in real danger of going out of business.'

:whistle:

wingy

'Sadly, since then Los Azules have been the victims of local politics and the avarice of their owners. Between 2001 and today, all the news about Oviedo has been financial mismanagement, unpaid players, and an indifferent local government. They are currently in the third tier of Spanish football and recently looked in real danger of going out of business.'

:whistle:
Are we the Yin to their Yan??:facepalm:

Brighton Sky Blue

Slightly off topic but considering our own position I'm sure there's a few that can sympathise, from one football fan to another!

"To many football fans, even those in Spain, the name Real Oviedo is not the best known name around. However, since they were founded in 1926, this small club has frequently punched above it’s weight. In the 1930′s they were one of the top sides in the country – until the Spanish Civil War struck. Between 1988 and 2001, they were a mainstay in La Liga.

Sadly, since then Los Azules have been the victims of local politics and the avarice of their owners. Between 2001 and today, all the news about Oviedo has been financial mismanagement, unpaid players, and an indifferent local government. They are currently in the third tier of Spanish football and recently looked in real danger of going out of business.

The club has in the past counted players like: Santi Cazorla of Arsenal, Juan Manuel Mata of Chelsea, Michu of Swansea and two of my favourite players from the 80′s: Robert Prosineki of Croatia and Marius Lacatus of Romania were also Oviedo men back in the day.

In a final attempt to save the club, they have started a fan-driven share issue. Anyone in the world can buy a share in the club. A single share is just under $15. You are unlikely to ever make any great amount of money from it, or even to see a return of any sort. But you can save a venerable old club from going out of existence, and you can own a piece of a football club. I’m not sure this would entitle you to pop into the dressing room at half time and tell the coach what to do, but it’s a great way of fostering a sense of belonging.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/soccer/2012/11/05/help-save-real-oviedo/#7uLFmVfm06mHZbSR.99 "

In August 2012, following three consecutive draws, Oviedo parted company with manager Andre Thornito. Fan messageboards were believed to be a key driving factor behind this, with a particularly prominent poster, 'El Grendo', taking especial delight in Thornito's departure.

wingy

In August 2012, following three consecutive draws, Oviedo parted company with manager Andre Thornito, Coloqually known as EL BUFFOONO. Fan messageboards were believed to be a key driving factor behind this, with a particularly prominent poster, 'El Grendo', taking especial delight in Thornito's departure.

Edit :Sorry BSB had to expand :facepalm::p

WestEndAgro

I think it might be fun to try to include Thorn in every thread ? A bit like where's Wally.

Users who are viewing this thread