Favourite Coventry City Manager in the Championship????? (1 Viewer)

Favourite Coventry City Manager in Championship?

• Total voters

ccfc2011

gordon strachan
roland nilsson
gary mcallister
eric black
peter reid
micky adams
iain dowie
chris coleman
aidy boothroyd
andy thorn

Otis

Has to be between Peter Reid and Gary McAllister doesn't it? ;)

You did say favourite one for the guillotine didn't you?

If not, Eric Black. Like AT + goals.

kg82

For me it was Nilsson. Wish he'd been given longer. Then Black - same applies.

Astute

People say about Black not being given long enough. I agree, but if AT would have gone at the end of last season the same would have been said about him.

Otis

Not so sure. Under Black I believe we scored 6 once, 5 once and 4, 3 times.

We were shit at the back, but bloody good going forwards!!

Never have looked like scoring stacks of goals under AT. We now dream of scoring 3 let alone 5 or 6!! :D

torchomatic

That's exactly right! He could have gone on to be one of our worst...or one of our best, we'll never know. I've gone for Micky Adams. The best we had over a good amount of time.

People say about Black not being given long enough. I agree, but if AT would have gone at the end of last season the same would have been said about him.

skybluesteve76

Really enjoyed the football under black. Nilsson did well. Dowie showed passion. Coleman talked a Good game. Boothroyd had us higher,for longer than we've been for years. Strachan went on to do well elsewhere (Celtic), Adams kept us up and made some decent signings. So put em all together and we've got our man! Oh, and Reids a c**t of the highest order.

All the best

ccfcno9

Favourite or best are two different opinions. Have voted AT because despite his resources and the results we,ve had I think he wants to play football that is good to watch, my opinion is probably enhanced because of the shite severed up by Bothrord last season. Can,t choose a best outright winner.

Marty

Eric Black, that squad and style of play would piss all over our current players.

Astute

We can all see who did the best, but you also have to compare squads available at the time. Our present squad must be about our weakest for a long time.

Tankie

WEll here Goes!
If we base our opinions on product enjoyment, then for me, it has to be Andy Thorn, I think most of the others, would have to look in the Dictionary, to find the definition of Entertainment.
Coleman was far too defensive, applying his 11 men goalside
Tactic, to the point of catatonia.
Bothroyde, too crude and predictable Hoof ball..Boring Rubish.
When you consider, the lack of funds availiable to Andy Thorn, he, in my opinion has worked a minor miracle and deserves a contract extension, our current form is as good as any ones, and the manager is getting every ounce of effort from our squad.
Yes! Andy thorn for me...Any Time..

covcity4life

liked nilson and blacks runs but you know id probably give it to coleman

took us to brink of playoffs in march(closest we have got for a looooooooooooong time) and also that fa cup quarter final with chelsea

under AT currently when we play well its great to watch(like our 2nd goal vs pompey) but we have to start controlling matches by keeping it on the floor too,we always have platt as plan b if its not working

mark82

There are 2 I would welcome back:- Nilsson & Black. Coleman I also liked and wouldn't be devastated if he came back. Dowie was also ok. The reason for McAllisters departure was sad and would give him another crack for that reason.

Can't stand Peter Reid. Strachan is a poor manager (please don't harp on about Celtic. I could win the league with Celtic). The others I don't have feelings for one way or another.

1nilandwe...

I've gone for Nilsson. Great bloke, good manager. Got shafted by the tripe that Jim Smith brought with him.

I'm prepared to duck and cover, but I don't think we gave Strachan long enough in this division. We all expected to go up at the first time of asking and to be fair, he probably didn't cover himself in glory in the few games he had in the old Div 1. However, I remember a couple of big Magnus Hedman foul-ups that are difficult to legislate for as a manager, and I remember Forest camping 9 men on their own goal-line when they'd had two men sent off at HR and getting applauded off for their 0-0.

In hindsight, our expectations should have been a lot lower of that first season and GS probably deserved a full season.

Users who are viewing this thread