Favourite City goal you saw live (1 Viewer)

Sterling Archer

In an attempt to detract from what is an utterly abhorrent current situation, thought I'd start a nostalgic happy thread instead.

One rule, you're not allowed to pick Houchen or Huckerby's goals.

For me it's Willo's 30 yarder against Newcastle (99-00), came out of nowhere. I just remember sitting with my Dad and instead of celebrating he just shook his head and said "Nah, that didn't happen. That was Willo."

Feel free to post videos etc

Let's cheer up a bit eh lads. Leave all anger and frustration with current situation for another of the countless thread you can vent in.

Sterling Archer

Another one I loved was Zuniga's against Bradford I think. This little Peruvian came on with 20 minutes to go, worked his nuts off and got kicked from pillar to post.

He somehow bundled his way though on goal at 3-0 up and had a shot blocked ... followed it up with a volley and everyone went mental. I was so happy for him, ha ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shy_tall_knight

Favourite or best - favourite Houchen's first at Hillsborough, - the mosh was legendary best has to be Dazza's winner against Man U at Highfield rd in Dec1997

pastythegreat

Wasn't a stunning goal (and was most likely offside) but in terms of pure emotion, Leon Clarke v PNE in the then JPT area semi final.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Rodders1

Adebola away versus Blackburn in fa cup

Or

Huckerby versus united 3-2 win at home

Or

Paul teller rocket away at Leicester

Or

Misfid second versus united at old Trafford in league cup

Too many to list really!!

Rusty Trombone

Tony Dobson Preseason at highfield road can not remember who against 45 yrd volley!
Banik Ostrava, yep a great and surprising goal.

One of the most memorable for me was David Thompsons 89th winner in a 4:3 win over Man City. Not the best goal, but such an exciting finish to good game.

It's the first one in this link, it includes some great strikes from him, nearly all I had scandalously forgotten about.

Rodders1

Banik Ostrava, yep a great and surprising goal.

One of the most memorable for me was David Thompsons 89th winner in a 4:3 win over Man City. Not the best goal, but such an exciting finish to good game.

It's the first one in this link, it includes some great strikes from him, nearly all I had scandalously forgotten about.

I gave my season ticket to a mate that night as had to got to night school - gutted!

skybluedan

In an attempt to detract from what is an utterly abhorrent current situation, thought I'd start a nostalgic happy thread instead.

One rule, you're not allowed to pick Houchen or Huckerby's goals.

For me it's Willo's 30 yarder against Newcastle (99-00), came out of nowhere. I just remember sitting with my Dad and instead of celebrating he just shook his head and said "Nah, that didn't happen. That was Willo."

Feel free to post videos etc

Let's cheer up a bit eh lads. Leave all anger and frustration with current situation for another of the countless thread you can vent in.

A random one is Sandy Robertson in the reserves a screamer, think it was him

skybluedan

I've looked for it before but couldn't find it, but it looks like his son has now posted it. Not a volley though.

Cheers mate, I was Young and I used to get me hair cut where Tony did on the corner of beake avenue , sat there next to him once was well chuffed

ajsccfc

Noel Whelan at home. I can't remember who we played but he took the ball on the left of midfield and just danced his way through to score. I want to say it was Norwich but I have no idea.

That Adebola goal against Blackburn will always be a favourite, he batters them like he's a kid from year 6 joining the infant game at lunchtime

trevelfarandwide

That Romanian blokes tap in at Villa park in the cup.

This one. :) Boateng daisy-cuttered it, Bosnich parried it, Moldovan hooked his left peg at it from 5 yards and Bosnich still got a hand on it.

Who cares, that was our day, and the noise level when that goal went in was something I'd never experienced before or since. The ref tried his best to get Villa an equaliser, adding 10 minutes of mystery injury time, but those scumbags still couldn't get through our defense.

What a day, what a memory. The train ride home, carriage full of gleeful City fans, was a treasure to me.

One thing SISU can't take away from us, is our memories of greater times.

trevelfarandwide

Noel Whelan at home. I can't remember who we played but he took the ball on the left of midfield and just danced his way through to score. I want to say it was Norwich but I have no idea.

Southampton it was, mate. He went through them in slow-motion, what a goal.

Bennosdancingfeet

Keane v Arsenal, seaman made to look a fool.

Froggat v Everton, great strike

Whelan v Leicester away in the cup, chipped the keeper a la speedie style

Bugsy v Liverpool, free kick and hammered them 5-1

NortonSkyBlue

Leaving out the cup final mine is Tommy Hutchison's amazing solo dribble at Arsenal 1972/73 time, a 2-0 win against reigning champions Arsenal. Was surrounded by Glasgow Rangers fans in the Clock end supporting City, that's another story.
That was a stunning goal, IRC the rangers fans were there to support Colin Stein.

Users who are viewing this thread