Far Cry (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Anybody else a fan?

They are usually a bit "samey" but with different baddies but I always seem to be able to get into them. Have ordered the new one which looks a bit random but will hopefully get a few hours out of it!

Grappa

I liked the first 3 but 4 and 5 weren't my cup of tea.
I'm finding the opposite with Assassins Creed, didn't really get into the early ones but Origins and Odyssey were real time sinks for me.

Nick

Administrator
I liked the first 3 but 4 and 5 weren't my cup of tea.
I'm finding the opposite with Assassins Creed, didn't really get into the early ones but Origins and Odyssey were real time sinks for me.

I liked Black Flag and completed that (AC).

Haven't bought the newer ones though.

Liquid Gold

I liked Primal but never really played the others. I'm more of a fan of Just Cause, it's a bit mental and arcadey.

It seems all games are big open world epics at the moment. I miss ones where you follow the story. Can't wait for The Last of Us 2.

Nick

Administrator
I downloaded Just Cause 3 I think it was for free on the Xbox. Turned it straight off after about 5 minutes :(

Primal was probably the best Far Cry, just going about taming animals and riding on the Sabre Tooth!

Grappa

I liked Black Flag and completed that (AC).

Haven't bought the newer ones though.

Yeah, the latest 2 are more like Black Flag than the others. If you see either of them cheap, give them a go. I was the same with Just Cause, not enough structure for me.

Nick

Administrator
I was looking out for the latest one but then got other games so forgot.

Prefer Far Cry because i can usually put it on for a bit and do a couple of missions then turn it off if I need to do something. Assassins Creed I would be stuck for hours.

ajsccfc

I liked 2 but was rubbish at it, 3 is the only one I played through to the end. I've got a good way through 5 but there's not much compelling me to return to it.

Covstu

I have liked most of them apart from primal which I thought was a bit poor. Yes they are samey but simple to play and good fun usually.

Nick

Administrator
I liked 2 but was rubbish at it, 3 is the only one I played through to the end. I've got a good way through 5 but there's not much compelling me to return to it.

5 was the last one wasn't it? It got a bit tedius although I did like the sniper woman who came to help you out!

ajsccfc

Yeah, most recent one. I've beaten two of the areas but I just kind of stopped playing and haven't been arsed to carry on. Same with Watch Dogs 2 and the latest Mafia, find it hard to stay interested with some longer games nowadays.

Nick

Administrator
Played the new one for about half hour, not sure I am going to be able to get into it.

It's a bit random / unrealistic and I dont like that sort of thing. Have to make a gun out of a saw and some tape and you shoot saw blades at people with a motorbike throttle for a trigger.

Nick

Administrator
Am hooked now I've played it a bit more! It is the same thing as the others (take over places etc) but a few bits added on

Users who are viewing this thread