Fantastic.... Thanks very much sisu, br, robinson.... The lot (1 Viewer)

Skybluestu

because they weren't loyal fans.

Fans don't have conditions.

Supporting your club isn't a conditions-based industry
you are in a different planet to the majority I think! Fans have been staying away because they didn't want to give sisu any more money. If we filled the ground every week they still would not have invested in the team.

AngryAnt

Its not just that they didn't want to give SISU any money, you also have to look at the city... In Coventry alone we've the speedway team thats winning aswell as the ice hockey team. If you're given a choice between watching pathetic football and giving money to faceless owners for pretty much no thanks/nothing returned (i'm looking at you chelski in the cup), or going to somewhere else/not spending it, most people will always pick the latter.

Whenever we have had good crowds up there, the players have bottled it. Most likely due to the pressure because its never been expected of their abilities.

When we first moved to the arena we had decent crowds, not achievement breaking but fairly decent. Since then we haven't ever really invested in the team and bar maybe one or two stand out players who were in the twilight of their playing time (Dennis Wise), we've not had much to cheer about.. So as someone said, to still be getting 15K in person is a pretty good thing.

torchomatic

Now, this I don't get. I don't care how successful Coventry ice hockey or speedway teams are. I'd never see them instead because I like to watch football, not those sports. So, for me, there is a choice of one. My football team.

And you watch what happens if we manage to get a big team in the Cup at home next season. The place will be overflowing.

Its not just that they didn't want to give SISU any money, you also have to look at the city... In Coventry alone we've the speedway team thats winning aswell as the ice hockey team. If you're given a choice between watching pathetic football and giving money to faceless owners for pretty much no thanks/nothing returned (i'm looking at you chelski in the cup), or going to somewhere else/not spending it, most people will always pick the latter.

Whenever we have had good crowds up there, the players have bottled it. Most likely due to the pressure because its never been expected of their abilities.

When we first moved to the arena we had decent crowds, not achievement breaking but fairly decent. Since then we haven't ever really invested in the team and bar maybe one or two stand out players who were in the twilight of their playing time (Dennis Wise), we've not had much to cheer about.. So as someone said, to still be getting 15K in person is a pretty good thing.

sky_blue_up_north

how many were there tonight ? 15k ?

thats part reason the club is where it is = league 1 support

Wigan only get about 17k, Swansea 20k....

singers_pore

If you think the average L1 side like Carlisle or Hartlepool are averaging that, you are deluded.

If there's one thing that's not to blame, it's the support, who have been fantastic all season. What the hell do you want us to do?!? Score goals? Anyone blaming the fans is nothing other than a WUM who clearly has sod all idea about the game we love.

This season only three League 1 teams averaged more than 15,000 - the 2 Sheffield clubs + Charlton. Their good gates are not surprising really given that they are at the top of the league. Even if we average only 8,500 in League 1 next year that will still give us the 6th highest attendance based on this year's figures. But will we finish in the top 6? No chance, as long as SISU are around.

coundonskyblue

This season only three League 1 teams averaged more than 15,000 - the 2 Sheffield clubs + Charlton. Their good gates are not surprising really given that they are at the top of the league. Even if we average only 8,500 in League 1 next year that will still give us the 6th highest attendance based on this year's figures. But will we finish in the top 6? No chance, as long as SISU are around.

Well said. Infact if you look at our finishes since 2001 our attendences have always been higher than our league position. The team owe the fans on this one, not the other way round.

Bad Boy

I agree AFCCOVENTRY
Hitler tried, he bombed our beautiful medieval city, but he didn't break our hearts.
Those buffoons at the Ricoh and previously at Highfield Road DID.
Thanks you twats.

georgehudson

as far as i am concerned, i have spoken to so many, & they confirm & express the opinion that sisu have driven thousands of fans away from our club with their obdurate, miserly, ill-informed, dire operating & savage mis-management,
and yes there was a lot of previous with owners before them,
but this lot care not one jot for ccfc

Brighton Sky Blue

Last season was the first that nobody in the family bought a season ticket for since the war. Division 4 was more appealing than SISU-what a damning indictment.

Users who are viewing this thread