Fans warming to our playing style? (1 Viewer)

This football from this Coventry team is the best I've seen us play. Getting the ball down and Passing rather than the long ball tactic employed by Boothroyd and Co.
Although every now and again we may get beaten or have a set back I'd rather we lost trying to play the right way, massive credit to Pressley and his team.

Supporters from other clubs have also been positive about us and the way we play, and the media are loving this young homegrown hungry cov side climbing the league!

Finally the charts of "Forward Forward" seem to have thankfully disappeared as the fans are appreciating the football being played.

Play Up Sky Blues.

Gint11

Agreed. Ive been on the Bradford Forum and there was a lot of complimentary reviews of our team, basically highlighting what you have said. My best thing regarding SP is he is trying to change the culture of our play, the philosophy, which I hope will run through the age groups. Its what we need.

shmmeee

What I love most about Pressley (let me count the ways) is the way he talks about "a typical Coventry game" or "the Coventry way". Makes it all about the club not him.

Top man, I hope when we hit the inevitable rough patch people stick with him cos his impact is so much wider than just results on the pitch.

pusbccfc

'we're by far the greatest team, the world has ever seen'

Covstu

I think people have to appreciate that this style of play is going to leak goals like we did yesterday.

WillieStanley

Yes, the Typical Coventry thing is really positive. I've only ever heard managers say "Typical Coventry" in a negative light -Mark Robins was especially guilty of that. We need to enjoy him while we have him or convince Joy to out pay anyone!!!

He does seem to have invested everything into the Sky Blues though. From pushing the youth, to real interviews, the passion he has shown from the touch line to his interaction with the youngest of fans. Steve Pressley has the makings of a legend - we need to keep hold of him!!

Covstu

I think it's more a case of our "style" of "defending" which is the cause of leaking so many goals. The rest of the play is frickin superb!

we arn't great at the back admittedly but it is the style of play where our back line sits high which invites trouble. Silly mistakes don't help either!

Ashdown1

Spoke to a Spurs fan last night and he says that was the best game of football he's seen on TV for quite a while !

jesus-wept

Spoke to a Spurs fan last night and he says that was the best game of football he's seen on TV for quite a while !
That's good then considering Spurs are on Sky almost every fucking week !!

Users who are viewing this thread